• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Today on The Gun Guy Show on WIBC, we're talking about America's favorite rifle, the AR15. We'll be talking about gun control efforts targeting so-called "assault weapons," actual statistics on crimes committed with rifles and in the second hour we'll be joined by some true AR experts to discuss how best to buy or build your rifle.

Saturday from 5:00 to 7:00 PM on 93.1 FM or 93.1 WIBC!

Guy

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Any news on when they are going to start posting your show audio? I always seem to have family stuff going on and the only way for me to listen is to timeshift with a podcast/recording.

And I'd be happy with the full hour including commercials at this point.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't think everyone's appreciating the difficulty involved in making podcasts available. The typical podcasts for a show like that can be several million bits. These bits must be assembled one by one and the best podcasts are assembled by hand. They can only afford to hire SD's midget strippers to do the assembly work. Have you ever seen how long it takes midget strippers to figure out how millions of bits go together? They're easily confused and they tend to argue a lot about which bit goes where. I say we let them take their time or it'll end up sounding like Russians talking backwards.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I don't think everyone's appreciating the difficulty involved in making podcasts available. The typical podcasts for a show like that can be several million bits. These bits must be assembled one by one and the best podcasts are assembled by hand. They can only afford to hire SD's midget strippers to do the assembly work. Have you ever seen how long it takes midget strippers to figure out how millions of bits go together? They're easily confused and they tend to argue a lot about which bit goes where. I say we let them take their time or it'll end up sounding like Russians talking backwards.

You are right, Jamil. I don't appreciate the difficulty. I actually wonder whether there is "difficulty". I listen to many radio programs in podcast version. They are usually very topical and are posted in podcast within less than 24 hours after the broadcast.

Let me give you an example. Tom Gresham has a nationally syndicated 3 hour radio program, "Gun Talk", which is broadcast on Sunday pm. I usually download the podcast of Sunday's show NLT Monday morning. I sometimes can download it later on Sunday pm. But don;t always get into iTunes until Monday morning. I think I have downloaded the first hour before the third hour is finished live, but I can't swear to that.

Most of the NPR programs that I listen to on podcast are posted within 24 hours of the live broadcast, or, in some instances, before I can hear it broadcast in the case of pre-recorded programs.

So, no, I do not appreciate the difficulty of converting a recorded live program to a podcast. Seems to me its got to be a matter of interest and getting the set up right, but so many do it that it can't be either "rocket science" or expensive.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But the bits!

YOU try to get half-drunk midget strippers to assemble all those bits into an understandable podcast. I mean, it would help if WIBC wouldn't just dump all the bits into a plastic bucket and expect inebriated midgets to, not only sort out which ones should be part of the podcast, but also figure out what order they belong in. It's no wonder it takes so long to get the first one posted.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Woohoo! I'm actually able to listen for a change. Listening now.

The technical issues with today's show are a trip. (Lots of feedback that sounds like you are having a bad acid trip, and phantom voices of the producers voice coming thorough when it shouldn't. )

Sorry you have to deal with it Guy.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    :rockwoot: Thanks for the reminder! I finally get to listen live!

I'm on painkillers (dental stuff)... But it sucks that i missed the acid trip technical problems! :)

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Woohoo! I'm actually able to listen for a change. Listening now.

The technical issues with today's show are a trip. (Lots of feedback that sounds like you are having a bad acid trip, and phantom voices of the producers voice coming thorough when it shouldn't. )

Sorry you have to deal with it Guy.

That glitch at the beginning sucked!! Hopefully the techies recovered in time for us to have a decent show!

Peter McM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Wish I could've been at the Grey Wolf opening. Anybody been there? How is it? Should I be asking this on another thread?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Great show. I wanted to be there for it and snap a few pics for you but a grand daughter had a double header softball game out in Coatesville. Had to listen to it on the I Heart Radio app. Listening to the beginning and the trippy sound effects was different. Especially since i was using an ear bud. Overall very good. I stopped in early to check out the store and get some subsonic 22.
    When and where's your next remote?

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Great show. I wanted to be there for it and snap a few pics for you but a grand daughter had a double header softball game out in Coatesville. Had to listen to it on the I Heart Radio app. Listening to the beginning and the trippy sound effects was different. Especially since i was using an ear bud. Overall very good. I stopped in early to check out the store and get some subsonic 22.
    When and where's your next remote?

Thanks, Dan! Sorry for the technoglitch yesterday! It was even weirder on my end - believe me. (And we had a pretty red-faced engineer there for a while!)

We don't have the next remote set yet, but I'll definitely let you know here on this thread.

Thanks for the kind words!

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Next Show

Hey, folks. I'm starting to think about next week's "Gun Guy" show - what suggestions do you have for topics and/or guests?

What would you like to hear?

Guy

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Since it's Sunday and we happen to be coming home from church...how about a segment or two (I don't know if it would be worth an entire show about it) talking to pastors/priests/rabbis about guns in church? Why they'd support it, why they wouldn't, etc.

Top Bottom