WI range turns in names of customers to police who run background checks on all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Seems like maybe they had to make a deal with the ATF to start selling weapons again...

Want to bet this was it?

Leaving a few comments there myself

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I sent an inquiry from their website's "contact me" and also checked "send me a copy", and when it arrived in my inbox it additionally contained everything from my IP & server to my blood type and retina scan... OK, well almost.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Not only do they turn in names to the po-po, but they require a shooting proficiency test in order to BUY a gun from them. Sounds to me like they are no friend of the 2nd Amendment. I can see them being in favor of required training legislation just to own a firearm.

I still think they will remove all our comments once they actually see them all.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I was upset over having my name posted in the paper for making ~$250 dollars in political donations during the primary.

This would have sent me into full-on law-disabiding citizen.

Hope they get run out of business and then I hope the Earth is salted where the rubble once stood.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Not only do they turn in names to the po-po, but they require a shooting proficiency test in order to BUY a gun from them. Sounds to me like they are no friend of the 2nd Amendment. I can see them being in favor of required training legislation just to own a firearm.

I still think they will remove all our comments once they actually see them all.
    no doubt

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Here is my basic question. Why did the users of this range HAVE to identify themselves before using the range. I think that is the basic question here. Why did they even have the information to begin with?

And all you folks that use the State owned DNR shooting ranges here in Indiana? You sign in to these ranges too, right?

Anyplace where you have to give your name and show ID should be a place to stay away from, I think.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Here is my basic question. Why did the users of this range HAVE to identify themselves before using the range. I think that is the basic question here. Why did they even have the information to begin with?

And all you folks that use the State owned DNR shooting ranges here in Indiana? You sign in to these ranges too, right?

Anyplace where you have to give your name and show ID should be a place to stay away from, I think.

The indoor range in Evansville wants DL or SS number on their waiver form. I always make one up.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Ranges & ID

I have only shot on two commercial ranges and both of them held my driver's license while I shot. I have no clue what they might have done with it.

As for the DNR range, I only know about Crosley where you fill out a card then put it in a drop box when you're done. You could put Tim Bucktoo on the card and, unless DNR personell came around checking ID, they'd never know the difference.

For the record, I use my own name and am not the least bit worried about it.

The Milwaukee range........now that's something else! I can't imagine they'll be in business long after this.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana

Shoot, they're making people prove they are proficient before they even sell them a gun. If they're not proficient, they're required to take their training class to qualify to purchase.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Barack? Is that you?
    No
    ALWAYS refuse to comply. Good for you.

I still don't think I would frequent ANYPLACE that wants to know who I am before I can use their facility on a casual basis.

I comply, but with false info. Pops in Indy use to require you actually let them hand on to your DL while shooting. Do not know if they still do.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The only person that takes possession of my State issued ID is the Police Officer that needs it for an Official Investigation into a crime or infraction

I guess I am pretty naive. I had no idea that people were willing to give a private business their official state issued documents in order to frequent their establishment.

Maybe this post will cause people to re-think their willingness to hand over their "papers" to those who demand them for frivolous reasons.

Top Bottom