WHYYYYY are you giving in to these .22lr gougers!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Because the price of gold etc is actually set by supply and demand, preventing consumption driven shortages, for the purpose of investment or otherwise.

But apparently with ammo, that's not allowed for some reason.

So people will insist that the price of 22lr remain below its market value, then complain when you buy it in larger quantities because of such.

So you are saying that the manufacturers just need to raise their rates so that when Walmat sells a box that they must ask $45 to make money. I think the manufactures are happy selling their product right now the way it is because they know the demand is still artificial otherwise they would expand production to make sure the shelves were filled, they know better.

If every hoarder/flipper/gouger quit buying tomorrow there would be tons of gougers sitting on tons of ammo they couldnt sell and then magically I would be able to buy a brick of 22 for $20 at Gander Mountain and Walmart.

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    So you are saying that the manufacturers just need to raise their rates so that when Walmat sells a box that they must ask $45 to make money. I think the manufactures are happy selling their product right now the way it is because they know the demand is still artificial otherwise they would expand production to make sure the shelves were filled, they know better.

If every hoarder/flipper/gouger quit buying tomorrow there would be tons of gougers sitting on tons of ammo they couldnt sell and then magically I would be able to buy a brick of 22 for $20 at Gander Mountain and Walmart.

Manufacturers need to raise their rates, and use the extra money to increase production, which they otherwise would not do to respond to a temporary spike in demand.

As it stands now people are still paying gouger prices, but that money is going into the pockets of gougers rather than into production. Thanks to consumer ignorance regarding pricing. Manufacturers don't want to get on their bad side, no matter how misinformed they may be.

If every flipper and gouger quit buying, Walmart would be just as empty. If people are keeping gougers in business at $50, they'll clear Walmart's shelves at $20 in no time.

If hoarders and consumer stopped buying, sure, you'd be able to find it. But that's not going to happen. That's the demand we're talking about.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Because need is relative here. If you're not willing to pay market pricing, you obviously don't need it as bad as the general consumer demographic does. So, you don't get it.

You'd think if the shooting sports were as important as many here claim it is, they'd pay it.

stinkypete111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2014
    United States
    I gouge. haha. I am a poor college student in need of extra money to pay for rent. I have bought at least 40 boxes of ammo from Walmart in the early hours and sold them for about 2 times what I paid. I have paid for a few months in rent doing this. Every time I have sold 22lr ammo, the person buying from me was happy to get their hands on some ammo. I will continue doing this for as long as I can. Suck it up and stop whining.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Manufacturers need to raise their rates, and use the extra money to increase production, which they otherwise would not do to respond to a temporary spike in demand.

As it stands now people are still paying gouger prices, but that money is going into the pockets of gougers rather than into production. Thanks to consumer ignorance regarding pricing. Manufacturers don't want to get on their bad side, no matter how misinformed they may be.

If every flipper and gouger quit buying, Walmart would be just as empty. If people are keeping gougers in business at $50, they'll clear Walmart's shelves at $20 in no time.

If hoarders and consumer stopped buying, sure, you'd be able to find it. But that's not going to happen. That's the demand we're talking about.

Man, guess those manufactures don't know how to run a business then. Like I said, it would be fool hardy for them to invest money to ramp up production with the amount they are selling now. 100% on their parts and they have nothing sitting on the shelves. Why invest 10's of 1000's of dollars when they know it will not keep up.

I truly trust they know what they are doing and that is exactly why they have not added other lines to make this product.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Man, guess those manufactures don't know how to run a business then. Like I said, it would be fool hardy for them to invest money to ramp up production with the amount they are selling now. 100% on their parts and they have nothing sitting on the shelves. Why invest 10's of 1000's of dollars when they know it will not keep up.

I truly trust they know what they are doing and that is exactly why they have not added other lines to make this product.

If I had a dollar for every time someone with no experience in my business told me how I could run it better, I'd have retired a long time ago.

stinkypete111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2014
    United States
    You are going to owe an awful lot of taxes and fines for being an ammo distributor, the government wants their cut

Because whatever mister 20,000 posts says is true. Ha. No way the government can regulate my cash flow. I sell for cash and use that cash to pay for groceries gas etc. Totalling a few months worth of rent.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Because whatever mister 20,000 posts says is true. Ha. No way the government can regulate my cash flow. I sell for cash and use that cash to pay for groceries gas etc. Totalling a few months worth of rent.

If you using Armslist, Gunbroker or something similar dont think for a minute you couldnt be busted. If you are all FTF I would like to know how you market to people, in general nothing specific.

How is my post count relevant? If you would read a lot of mine you would see they are mostly idle chat amongst friends, so how could it possibly be relevant.

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy

Total misinterpretation of my point but okay.

Manufacturers are in a bind, for reasons I very clearly stated.

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    If I had a dollar for every time someone with no experience in my business told me how I could run it better, I'd have retired a long time ago.

And if I had a dollar for every time someone misinterpreted my statements...

Manufacturers can't increase production in any substantial manner - but if irrational consumers would wise up, they'd be in a better position to do so than they are now, relatively. Of course feel free to explain why money going into the pockets of gougers over manufacturers is better?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't think manufacturers need to increase production. If you want it, then pay for it, or do what the flippers are doing for you; get up early and often and hang out at the big box stores.

Bunny, I agree with you about this part, manufacturers don't seem to want to invest in a lot of new equipment or labor. At some point this has to even out, even with the big box stores selling it cheap. When it does, a lot of people wanting to turn a profit are going to be stuck with ammo that isn't worth near what they paid for it.

I'm just saying that **everyone** charging market prices will get this to level off earlier. Not gouging, but market price. You'd see fewer people flipping and fewer people hoarding.

Top Bottom