• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :nuts:

Do what now? You think that covid, which clearly the majority on here think is either a hoax or the flu was going to kill 2 million people in a matter of weeks or months had Trump not...? Which is it? Is it deadly or is it just the flu?

You realize we were one of the later countries to do this? All of Europe had already done this. You think someone from the other party would have been like, nah?

Well, c'mon. If we're going to point out some facts, let's get them all out there. Some countries enacted travel restrictions days before the US. Trump followed the suggestions of HHS/CDC, Fauci, pretty much on the timeline that they were suggested. To the extent that we were behind other countries, maybe they have better health experts advising their leaders.

While Trump was ordering the travel restrictions the other party was squealing like stuck pigs. Nancy Pelosi and just about all of Left wing Twitter called him a racist for overreacting and ordering the restrictions. Chuck Schumer called him xenophobic for ordering the restrictions. Pelosi encouraged people to go out to Chinatown and [STRIKE]culturally appropriate[/STRIKE] celebrate with them. So yeah. Apparently Democrats would not have issued travel restrictions because that would be racist. That sounds a lot like people from the other party saying, "nah."

But actually, I don't think Democrats would have delayed. I think they would have followed the same advice that Trump did, with about the same timing give or take. But because everything is about making the other look bad, to marginalize the other, they irresponsibly rebuked him for doing the right thing. They irresponsibly behaved like it was nothing. Because they're partisan. That's not to say that the other side isn't. I'm just saying let's talk about all the facts and not just the ones that give you orgasms.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You, sir, could not possibly say that with a straight face and honestly believe it. If you were to say that it isn't a prevalent as it once was, I'd agree.... but to say it barely exists? Sorry, that just isn't true. And I'm not sure if you're conflating the terms, but having equal rights has no earing on the prevalence of racism in certain segments of the population.

Overt racism is pretty much dead in this country. Yes, people still have inborn racist opinions, on all sides (minority groups included, not just whites), but racism that is out in the open and holding anyone back? All but gone. The :bs: that is displayed everywhere is either fringe examples, vastly overblown or made up.

Come on man. This is some of the dumbest **** I've seen posted here in a while. We're in Indiana so it doesn't surprise me.

You think everyone is equal? Jeff Bezos will have the same rights that you and I have? You're dreaming.

Whoever has the most $ in this country has the most rights. To say that racism barely exists is such bull****. There are people marching with Nazi & confederate flags with torches who feel empowered to do so now that they have a leader who reflects something they see in themselves.

Seriously leave your bubble.

You're conflating a CLASS issue with racism. Yes, the rich and powerful live very different lives by very different rules. That is something I agree is a problem and should be ended, or at least reduced. Everyone in this country has the opportunity to make a good living. Through hard work and overcoming obstacles. Some have farther to go than others, due to circumstance or through decisions they make themselves. Everyone has the opportunity though. I make a decent living and a reasonable wage. If I wanted to work more hours and take on more responsibility, I could make even more money and have an even better life, but I prefer the work/life balance I have now and am okay with where I am now. With some exceptions, we live in a meritotacracy, which is what I prefer over pretty much any other system. You have the opportunities and the choices you make and the work you put in determines how far you go. Yes, as I said, I admit there are obstacles, but instead of burning down what we have I think we should fix those issues.

Yes, there is still some racism, but it's not to the extent that is purported. The MSM has an agenda and they inflate what exists to support that agenda. Talking about someone living in a bubble... :ugh:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Come on man. This is some of the dumbest **** I've seen posted here in a while. We're in Indiana so it doesn't surprise me.

You think everyone is equal? Jeff Bezos will have the same rights that you and I have? You're dreaming.

Whoever has the most $ in this country has the most rights. To say that racism barely exists is such bull****. There are people marching with Nazi & confederate flags with torches who feel empowered to do so now that they have a leader who reflects something they see in themselves.

You're confusing rights with the privileges of wealth.

But you're kinda right on the racism front. It's not something that barely exists. It's still a problem. Not to anywhere near the same magnitude it was 50 years ago. I remember the race riots. Racial animosity was very high then. It's gotten higher lately but mostly because CRT asserts that racism is still as prevalent as it was 5 decades ago. It also asserts nonsense like racism can only be one way, that minorities can't be racist. The supply of real ass racism like I saw in my childhood in the 60s and early 70s has declined so much that they have to make up new phrases composed of half-truths, like "systemic racesim".

It's inaccurate to say that racism is something that barely exists. It certainly does. But it's also inaccurate to say that racism has increased because Trump made them feel emboldened. So how did that work out for them? The first UTR had maybe hundreds of thousands of right leaning people, many of whom had no idea what they're getting into. UTR II? 25 people showed up. Richard Spencer endorsed Biden for 2020 because he said Trump isn't competent to do what needs done. He thinks Biden is more likely to bring about the revolution he wanted much sooner. Trump had more minorities voting R than in the last several elections, so I guess he's not a very effective racist, if that's what you're going for. Oh. And that was a few years ago. No one is marching prominently with Nazi & confederate flags with torches. The alt right is dead. It died from starvation during Trump's term. I don't think Trump is any more racist than you are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Overt racism is pretty much dead in this country. Yes, people still have inborn racist opinions, on all sides (minority groups included, not just whites), but racism that is out in the open and holding anyone back? All but gone. The :bs: that is displayed everywhere is either fringe examples, vastly overblown or made up.

You're conflating a CLASS issue with racism. Yes, the rich and powerful live very different lives by very different rules. That is something I agree is a problem and should be ended, or at least reduced. Everyone in this country has the opportunity to make a good living. Through hard work and overcoming obstacles. Some have farther to go than others, due to circumstance or through decisions they make themselves. Everyone has the opportunity though. I make a decent living and a reasonable wage. If I wanted to work more hours and take on more responsibility, I could make even more money and have an even better life, but I prefer the work/life balance I have now and am okay with where I am now. With some exceptions, we live in a meritotacracy, which is what I prefer over pretty much any other system. You have the opportunities and the choices you make and the work you put in determines how far you go. Yes, as I said, I admit there are obstacles, but instead of burning down what we have I think we should fix those issues.

Yes, there is still some racism, but it's not to the extent that is purported. The MSM has an agenda and they inflate what exists to support that agenda. Talking about someone living in a bubble... :ugh:

Go spend some time on Gab. You'll see some real ass overt racism there. They're pretty open about it. But I'd agree if you're just making the statement that it's not to the extent purported. It's often said that the demand for racism far exceeds the supply, and I would agree with that statement.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Go spend some time on Gab. You'll see some real ass overt racism there. They're pretty open about it. But I'd agree if you're just making the statement that it's not to the extent purported. It's often said that the demand for racism far exceeds the supply, and I would agree with that statement.

As usual, you said it better than I did.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, c'mon man. You do tend to hear dog whistles that no one else can hear. It's a fair point.

No, it’s not a fair point. If I was the only one hearing them, you’d have a fair point.... but we both know I’m not. There are plenty of people that believe the same. It’s not my fault it hurts peoples feelings.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

No country ever had the equality of opportunity like this one.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes! Racists exist and in LARGE numbers in the democrat party, sexists too.

biden - old white guy with a 47 year history of saying clearly racist **** and supporting racist policies just got MORE votes
    from democrats than obama the FIRST black president AND hitlary the first FEMALE contender for the office.

Democrats are CLEARLY sexist and racist.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    People see what they want to see. What makes them feel better about themselves.
    Often at the expense of someone or some group that really has no animus or even interest in the thing attributed to them.
    Life is good if you get to live it. Get busy improving your own and your community's lot where you have the ability. Worry less about what you can't control. Like other peoples thoughts. Waste of time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes! Racists exist and in LARGE numbers in the democrat party, sexists too.

biden - old white guy with a 47 year history of saying clearly racist **** and supporting racist policies just got MORE votes
    from democrats than obama the FIRST black president AND hitlary the first FEMALE contender for the office.

Democrats are CLEARLY sexist and racist.

Maybe it was a case if voting for the “lesser of two racists?” :dunno:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That's what I'm sayin'. Dude thinks he controls your moods. It's at least entertaining.

But hold on. Remember. Joe Biden IS an honorary PoC. He worked all the details with Corn Pop you know.
    I’m wondering if justice Thomas wasn’t corn pop, and they’re about to meet for round 2.

If you didn’t vote for Biden, you ain’t black!

Biden’s said the N word, told people they aren’t black, talked about racial jungles, etc... but that’s not racist. Nope. Trumps supporters are racist.

This is why I stopped taking him seriously long ago. It’s intentionally dishonest, therefor hypocrisy.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

People didn’t march with nazi flags and confederate flags before trump was elected? Weird.

”Whoever has the most $ in this country has the most rights”... OK, so, not racism then? Awful lot of rich PoC in America. Is there another country in the world with as many rich PoC as America has?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

HsY.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Instead of finding racism where it doesn't exist, you should know that the last one is not what you think it is. Instead he appealed to Americans who were tired of having their conservative values ridiculed by Elite Leftists. Add to the list the people who are constitutionalists who are tired of seeing the Left go against the constitution again and again, trying to rule from the bench and from their bureaucrats. If there's anything you can say about racism in this country, it's that everyone has equal rights in this country and that racism barely exists. That doesn't fit the agenda though, so the Left keeps the issue alive when in reality it's on life support. The groups now want more rights, not equal rights. That's where conservatives are tired with the whole argument. Women have equal rights, non-whites have equal rights, gays have equal rights. Anyone who doesn't believe that is drinking the :koolaid:

Something .... mile ... something.... shoes.... something.... something.... walking....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    People didn’t march with nazi flags and confederate flags before trump was elected? Weird.
    Come'on man, did anyone here ever say there wasn't white nationals before Trump?

I don't think it's fair to say that Trump made America more racist. I think it's fair to say he tried to perpetuate the myth that we're all equal. At a minimum, he ignored the problem.

What happened was that while he was president (probably no fault of his own), a lot of things happened that scratched off that veneer we put on the country - things are not as perfect as the Cosby Show led us to believe.

”Whoever has the most $ in this country has the most rights”... OK, so, not racism then? Awful lot of rich PoC in America. Is there another country in the world with as many rich PoC as America has?

Having rich PoC in your country isn't proof that racism doesn't exist. That's as lame as saying, "I'm not racist - I have a black friend!"

And if you want to play the income numbers game, then let's look at wealth distribution, shall we? Or education, or ...

TBH, not all of these things can be solved by govt., and maybe shouldn't be. In fact, a lot of them are really hard problems.

What gets me confused, is why are conservatives so reluctant to say things aren't equal? Are they afraid that the conceding on that point will lead to more affirmative action, or reparations, or just that Reganomics wasn't the cure for all ills?

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Come'on man, did anyone here ever say there wasn't white nationals before Trump?

I don't think it's fair to say that Trump made America more racist. I think it's fair to say he tried to perpetuate the myth that we're all equal. At a minimum, he ignored the problem.

What happened was that while he was president (probably no fault of his own), a lot of things happened that scratched off that veneer we put on the country - things are not as perfect as the Cosby Show led us to believe.

Having rich PoC in your country isn't proof that racism doesn't exist. That's as lame as saying, "I'm not racist - I have a black friend!"

And if you want to play the income numbers game, then let's look at wealth distribution, shall we? Or education, or ...

TBH, not all of these things can be solved by govt., and maybe shouldn't be. In fact, a lot of them are really hard problems.

What gets me confused, is why are conservatives so reluctant to say things aren't equal? Are they afraid that the conceding on that point will lead to more affirmative action, or reparations, or just that Reganomics wasn't the cure for all ills?

Not saying things are equal across the board, just that everyone has the same opportunities. Some may have more obstacles than others. Ironically there are more obstacles in democratically controlled cities than anywhere else in our country. You mention education, which is one of the key issues. Conservatives want school choice and a number of other initiatives that would improve things, while democrats vote against school choice and want to strengthen the teachers unions which are detrimental to the educational system.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not saying things are equal across the board, just that everyone has the same opportunities. Some may have more obstacles than others. Ironically there are more obstacles in democratically controlled cities than anywhere else in our country. You mention education, which is one of the key issues. Conservatives want school choice and a number of other initiatives that would improve things, while democrats vote against school choice and want to strengthen the teachers unions which are detrimental to the educational system.

There's nothing ironic about that - it's exactly as I expect. :D
    I'm totally with you on education.

However, doesn't having more obstacles inherently mean having less opportunities?

As a middle class white kid from a two parent home I had a helluva lot of opportunities. Certainly not as many as a DJT Jr., or Tom Brady, but more than some... The simple fact that my parents had good jobs, meant I had the opportunity to go to college and not worry about working full time simultaneously. Having that opportunity meant that I didn't have an obstacle.

Perhaps we can at least agree that these inequalities are not, in most cases, the result of overt, or even unconscious, racism today, but simply a result of past racism that doesn't resolve itself quickly.

It's possible to say there is inequality, without racism. (and yes, some progressives like to immediately go to race card in this case, and that's wrong, IMHO)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    There's nothing ironic about that - it's exactly as I expect. :D
    I'm totally with you on education.

However, doesn't having more obstacles inherently mean having less opportunities?

As a middle class white kid from a two parent home I had a helluva lot of opportunities. Certainly not as many as a DJT Jr., or Tom Brady, but more than some... The simple fact that my parents had good jobs, meant I had the opportunity to go to college and not worry about working full time simultaneously. Having that opportunity meant that I didn't have an obstacle.

Perhaps we can at least agree that these inequalities are not, in most cases, the result of overt, or even unconscious, racism today, but simply a result of past racism that doesn't resolve itself quickly.

It's possible to say there is inequality, without racism. (and yes, some progressives like to immediately go to race card in this case, and that's wrong, IMHO)

Believe it or not I agree. We have a class problem in this country. Even with obstacles, people have the opportunity to have a good life. That said, it is true that some have more obstacles and have it more difficult to overcome said obstacles in order to partake of the opportunities.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Nah, see, those vast stores of Republican racists you claim exist would have shown up in droves to put President Trump over to top of biden because biden just isn't racist enough.

Also, you didn't address the clearly sexist wing of the democrat party.

Top Bottom