• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Weird, if that were true why in the first post of a thread you started did you say “I’ll bring the cheese”. That doesn’t sound like taking the incoming and sprinkling snark when people step out of line. That sounds like an attempt to annoy and stir a pot. You know what you’re doing, and I’ll give you credit, you’re great at giving the illusion that you only do it in response, but it’s “intellectually dishonest”.

Thank you for joining the consensus of voices that are invested enough to care about all things Kut.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    "Some people" may not realize that Trump ain't done. Besides the voter fraud investigations, Trump still has two months in office. He can do a LOT in two months.

Even if the democrat systematic voter fraud and recounts do not change the election results, Trump will not fade away.

The TDS crowd will have plenty of action to keep them in a constant frenzy for years to come, regardless wether DJT is president after Jan 20th or not.

He can also run again... he has 4 years to expose the corruption.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Every race has racism against it. Just because your black, or oriental, or hispanic doesn't mean that you have the market cornered on knowing what racism feels like. I'll tell you right now, if someone got on stage and started spouting racist nonsense about any race, other than caucasian, you'd see people up in arms, news stories condemning them, the whole nine yards. Yet people get up on stage all the time ranting about the evils of the white man and get applauded. Newscasters, show hosts, sports personalities. That :poop: is prevalent, but it's okay right? You can't be racist to white people, right? :bs:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The last one is specious.

I understand specious to mean a statement that appears at face value to be true but is either subject to a logical fallacy or is simply false. How do you understand specious?

While I am not saying it's true, there are some interesting stats out there. So I wouldn't offhand conclude its false either.

https://religionnews.com/2020/10/01...-trump-rises-but-most-plan-to-vote-for-biden/

[FONT=&amp]Muslims, in fact, appeared to be the religious group least likely to support Trump in 2020. Jewish Americans came in as the second least likely, with only 34% favoring the president. The only group that showed less support for the president than Muslims was Americans who are unaffiliated with any faith (23%).
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Dalia Mogahed, director of research at the ISPU, said the doubling of support for Trump this year — from 16% in 2019 to 30% in 2020 — may be related to the timing of the poll. “It was done right at the beginning of the coronavirus lockdown,” Mogahed said. “When there’s a national crisis, people tend to rally around the leader or the flag.”[/FONT]

In the above quote, we see that those of the Muslim faith had the least amount of support for Trump out of any faith group. Before anyone jumps in with a thousand reasons why that could be so, can we agree that it is so? I think there are 2 very broad reasons up for speculation: Trump has enacted policies that have kept Muslim support low. Trump has been perceived by Muslims to have enacted policies that are detrimental to Muslims, either in a) actuality or b) through the distorted interpretations of the Media.

[FONT=&amp]The poll also showed that support for Trump was higher among white Muslims. Nearly one-third of white Muslims (31%) said they would vote for Trump, compared with 8% of Black and Arab Muslims and 6% of Asian Muslims.[/FONT]

It is interesting that his support broke along racial lines. You can throw out all the same speculations as above using racial instead of religious terms.

As I said it is all interesting.

Questions this information raised for me...

Where is the entire survey because..
    I would like to know what happened to Black Muslim support. Did it increase, stay the same, or decrease?
    How many Muslim groups did it take into account? For example, was NOI considered a Muslim group which, I would posit, could skew the support of Black Muslims negatively.

For BugI02, I would consider this post reasonable. I asked for clarification of definition, gave my own and provided some research with a source to discuss in an attempt to call into question a conclusion but not an outright denial of the conclusion. I questioned my own research. I am not trying to prove Kut was correct, or ask Jamil to say Kut was correct, but that perhaps it is best to leave open the possiblity he could be, especially since Kut did not say it was 10% of Trumps voters, I took it simply that Kut was saying it would be an identifiable group or trait one could find in Trumps supportive groups.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I’m sure all those POC who voted for him were terrified of losing their country to non white people, huh?

Whys it always evolve into “trump supporters are racist” with a certain few? Tiring.

No one said "ALL trump supporters are racist". Are you denying that any trump supporters are racists. When I read a list of reasons given, I usually assume the order to be 1st to least. If I would have seen the last reason first, perhaps it would be worth questioning. Sometimes, the last reason is also a hook though. :hooked:

Is that the only reason that you disagreed with?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    It's not like people ever needed a big reason to start a ruckus when somebody looked different.
    They kill each other over having the wrong color of flower in their lapel.

If somebody dislikes you because of your genes or your culture or your religion or your politics or your interests in things they don't like...
    It's not because you're special or singled out or even particularly persecuted. It's because they're people just like you are. Whether individually or in organized groups people are real stinkers about wanting you to conform to their comfort zone. And that's not going to change.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    No one said "ALL trump supporters are racist". Are you denying that any trump supporters are racists. When I read a list of reasons given, I usually assume the order to be 1st to least. If I would have seen the last reason first, perhaps it would be worth questioning. Sometimes, the last reason is also a hook though. :hooked:

I’m sure more klansmen would vote for the man who eulogized an exalted cyclops of the KKK, versus the guy who disavowed them no fewer than 30 times in the past 4 years...

yeesh, there’s bad apples in every bunch.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Infinity: definition - the number of times Trump must denounce white supremacists before the media will admit he may have done it once.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Infinity: definition - the number of times Trump must denounce white supremacists before the media will admit he may have done it once.

No president has EVER had to clarify a stance as many times as this president has, because the media was willfully trying to mislead the public on this issue.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

No one? You sure about that?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    In the context written yes sure enough. Any forum members here say all Trump supporters are racists? Feel free to prove othwrwise

You used an absolute - There were and are (kooky) people making that claim. Jamil is correct.

technically-correct-the.jpg

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You used an absolute - There were and are (kooky) people making that claim. Jamil is correct.

technically-correct-the.jpg

If you read the post i replied to, there was a question
    It contained the word "few" implying members of this forum.

There is a difference between no one and
    No one here.

By context I was replying to the no one here sense.

Hatin is the one who would know for certain what he meant by few.

It is possible I misunderstood him

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    In the above quote, we see that those of the Muslim faith had the least amount of support for Trump out of any faith group. Before anyone jumps in with a thousand reasons why that could be so, can we agree that it is so? I think there are 2 very broad reasons up for speculation: Trump has enacted policies that have kept Muslim support low. Trump has been perceived by Muslims to have enacted policies that are detrimental to Muslims, either in a) actuality or b) through the distorted interpretations of the Media.

Questions this information raised for me...

Where is the entire survey because..
    I would like to know what happened to Black Muslim support. Did it increase, stay the same, or decrease?
    How many Muslim groups did it take into account? For example, was NOI considered a Muslim group which, I would posit, could skew the support of Black Muslims negatively.

Well the first question I can answer.
    https://www.ispu.org/public-policy/american-muslim-poll/

The second not so much because it doesn't list it that I can find. The first poll they did in 2016 didn't break down support by race.

For the third, not sure what you mean. It didn't break down Muslims by groups, the groups were those that identified as Muslim, Evangelical, Protestant, etc.

And I'll agree with your statement regarding the poll. But I'll have to disagree with your reasoning on it. Mainly due to the fact that his support while still low has increased quite a bit. In '16 his support prior to the primary election was 4% Rubio/Cruz combined was about 3% Hillary had 40+% and Sanders had just shy of 30%. For 2018 his support was 13% 2019 was 16% and this year it's 30%. Perhaps the reason it's low is the same as some other groups which traditionally vote Dem?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you read the post i replied to, there was a question
    It contained the word "few" implying members of this forum.

There is a difference between no one and
    No one here.

By context I was replying to the no one here sense.

Hatin is the one who would know for certain what he meant by few.

It is possible I misunderstood him
    If you meant no one “here” participating in this particular conversation, sure, notwithstanding yer random “stormfront lite” But there have been members, short-lived as they were, who would say stuff like that to stir stuff up. But you know that. You’ve been around a little longer than me.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah but I am like the tide, I ebb and flow :)

Just look at our post count difference.

If you meant no one “here” participating in this particular conversation, sure, notwithstanding yer random “stormfront lite” But there have been members, short-lived as they were, who would say stuff like that to stir stuff up. But you know that. You’ve been around a little longer than me.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    By NOI, I meant Nation of Islam or Farrakhan splinter types who identify as Muslim, have been recognized at various points of time as Muslim I believe by more mainstream perhaps for political expediency more than anything else, but aren't really Islamic in many of their tenets. Kinda like orthodox Christians and their relationship with Mormons/LDS.

Well the first question I can answer.
    https://www.ispu.org/public-policy/american-muslim-poll/

The second not so much because it doesn't list it that I can find. The first poll they did in 2016 didn't break down support by race.

For the third, not sure what you mean. It didn't break down Muslims by groups, the groups were those that identified as Muslim, Evangelical, Protestant, etc.

And I'll agree with your statement regarding the poll. But I'll have to disagree with your reasoning on it. Mainly due to the fact that his support while still low has increased quite a bit. In '16 his support prior to the primary election was 4% Rubio/Cruz combined was about 3% Hillary had 40+% and Sanders had just shy of 30%. For 2018 his support was 13% 2019 was 16% and this year it's 30%. Perhaps the reason it's low is the same as some other groups which traditionally vote Dem?

Top Bottom