• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    car-tire-nails-car-tire-nails-closeup-116162084.jpg

I drove over in the bike lane one freakin' time!!
    Looks like you might have hit this guy...

1703182515867.png

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The court stripped a specific permitted group of legal protections still enjoyed by other permitted groups. The whole “intended” part is utterly ridiculous, hundreds of thousands of suits have been filed by litigants that were not “intended“ users or uses and they won.

This is wrong, “Roads must be maintained to be sufficiently safe for vehicular traffic”, they are for permitted use, unless otherwise codified in the laws.

This was the state Supreme Court trying to save bankrupting parts of the government…
    You not liking a court ruling!?!?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I see that crap (wrong side of the road) all too often. I do not get over for them, I just stop in my lane leaving no room on the right of my truck until they pass on the correct side of the road.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Got anything on the merits? Probably not, as usual…
    It absolutely is as simple as explained upthread.

Intended use: roads are designed and maintained for motor vehicles.

Permitted use: use at your own risk.

If they’re gonna start making roads to standards that cyclists need, I’m afraid we’ll need you and the other cyclists to pay for that.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It absolutely is as simple as explained upthread.

Intended use: roads are designed and maintained for motor vehicles.

Permitted use: use at your own risk.

If they’re gonna start making roads to standards that cyclists need, I’m afraid we’ll need you and the other cyclists to pay for that.
    Just wrong on the merits. Permitted, intended, if the entities in charge of the roads leave an unsafe condition and someone is injured car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian, etc. they should have equal access to sue the entity that was responsible for the unsafe condition. One use should not have any rights over another legal use.

Do you find this wrong?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Who's in the wrong? I mean, look at the thread title. :): The walker was just foolish. She should have stepped out of the way and pushed the rider over as she passed. And then kicked her dogs.

No, seriously, it's the rider's fault. Most bike paths I've seen have signs that tell everyone to stay on the right side of the path. And that bikers should pass pedestrians on the left when safe to do so. The stupid **** riding the bike was in the walker's lane.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Then how was the cyclist on the wrong side? I'd say bicycles constitute "traffic". I think the same rules generally apply.
    People go both ways on the path. Your logic says pedestrians and cyclists would always be going against each other. That would be brilliant. What do you want to bet there is a sign somewhere that says how people show handle the situation?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Then how was the cyclist on the wrong side? I'd say bicycles constitute "traffic". I think the same rules generally apply.
    It's a multi-use path. So pedestrians, skateboarders, rollerbladers, anyone on the path traveling by any legal means, is traffic. Traffic should be on the right side of the path.

That cycle **** was on the wrong side. She was also likely violating leash laws. She appeared to choose to ride on her left side because the her right side of the path did not have room for her dogs. She was acting like it was her path. She was absolutely in the wrong to run into the pedestrian. And like I said, the pedestrian was just foolish.

Top Bottom