• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    There is on all the paths I use. Something to the effect that everyone should stay on their right side of the path. Pass safely on the left.

Uninformed bicyclists think pedestrians must walk single file, they do not. They think pedestrians must get out of their way, they do not. The think pedestrians must walk in the very edge of the shoulder, walk on side paths, they do not. I used to carry the pedestrian laws because even many LEO does not know pedestrian laws, just as some gun carriers do.

Skilled walkers also manage the traffic behind them for everyone’s safety. The walker can make it easy to pass when safe and more difficult when not safe to pass. They can't get over that often because there is broken glass, nails, needles and used condoms at the edges.

I cannot speak to the situation in the video. But the law is clear the bike must have three feet of clearance from the pedestrian or the bike is at fault. The pedestrian has the right to use the lane as practicable as needed to safely proceed. If this went to court the bike would likely lose…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Their extreme mask nonsense made Menards dead to me.
    I agree, I hated it. Reduced the amount I spend there.

That said I have some sympathy for businesses, especially American medium business. They were put in a tough spot. They had to navigate several states edicts, including their home state of Michigan and nitWitmer. They chose to implement the Michigan model in all their stores which sucked in Indiana as they were stricter there.

Then there is the question of what if wuwho flu turned out differently than it did? What if Michigan regs turned out to save lives and as a company they did that, but in Indiana employees were dying because the company did not protect them as they did in Michigan. Is that a liability?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I agree, I hated it. Reduced the amount I spend there.

That said I have some sympathy for businesses, especially American medium business. They were put in a tough spot. They had to navigate several states edicts, including their home state of Michigan and nitWitmer. They chose to implement the Michigan model in all their stores which sucked in Indiana as they were stricter there.

Then there is the question of what if wuwho flu turned out differently than it did? What if Michigan regs turned out to save lives and as a company they did that, but in Indiana employees were dying because the company did not protect them as they did in Michigan. Is that a liability?
    Home Depot, which is right across the street from Menards in Valpo, chose to not be mask Nazis. The what-if scenario is meaningless. There was no evidence it was like that. They kept their nonsense up long after that was evident. When a company tells me they do not want my business, I listen to them. They told me they didn't want it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Home Depot, which is right across the street from Menards in Valpo, chose to not be mask Nazis. The what-if scenario is meaningless. There was no evidence it was like that. They kept their nonsense up long after that was evident. When a company tells me they do not want my business, I listen to them. They told me they didn't want it.
    Not everyone has that option, I wish I did…

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Various localities ordinances:

Westfield​

Go as fast as you want on the Monon or other trails in Westfield; just know when to slow down. Westfield is the only city of the three that has an ordinance directing trail and park users how to yield to other users. Bikers yield to rollerbladers, who both yield to skateboarders, who all yield to runners, and everyone yields to walkers. Westfield also says to ride, run, walk and skate on the right except when passing — just like driving a car.
    Violating any of these rules could get you removed from the trail.

Carmel​

Slow down! If you're heading south on the Monon from Westfield and you hit Carmel city limits, make sure you aren't going more than 20 mph, or you could be punished. There's a slice of Carmel where the speed limit is even lower due to pedestrian congestion; from 111th Street to 136th Street, the Monon's speed limit is 15 mph. Breaking the speed limit could result in expulsion from the trail or park, or in receiving a fine.

Breaking the speed limit could result in expulsion from the trail or park, or in receiving a fine. But Carmel Police Department Lt. Joe Bickel said he couldn't remember the last time the department responded to such an incident. nt Lt. Joe Bickel said he couldn't remember the last time the department responded to such an incident.

Indianapolis​

Go as fast as you want in Indianapolis. There's a slight difference here, though. In Westfield and Carmel, bikes with electric motors are allowed. In Indianapolis, you can ride them, but the motor has to be turned off.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    77465bba69c6118b2ca7a89ddd07811b2d0d44e6.gif

Who's the top of the heap? The bikers clearly won't stand for this.

-BkMAE.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well I park near the exit at Menards and go in the exit. Maybe went through the turnstiles once this year…
    I've done that before. But the Menards likes to block off closed checkout lanes. So you have to go through the open ones to get into the store. Not a terrible burden, so whatever.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So by that logic many lawsuits are erroneously decided. McDonalds should have said coffee cups are intended for the hand and cup holder, not the lap. Slam dunk…
    IIRC that lawsuit outcome rested on the temperature of the coffee, which was deemed to be excessive and at fault for the seriousness of the burns caused. It had nothing to do with intended vs permitted use of the coffee cup.

Top Bottom