Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    dang

But.. was a buddy filming it?
    And why was his buddy filming him?
    Yeah. I think someone else was operating the camera. Staged? I’m not seeing it. Looks like someone else on a bike with maybe a helmet mounted camera.

The thing that strikes me is that the rider is not wearing bright clothing. I never go riding with dark clothes. There’s no contrast with the blacktop.

My theory. The guy who got hurt was being video’d by his hot girlfriend wearing spandex. The car driver was checking her out, didn’t even see the dude riding, and the rest is history.

Moral of the story. Always wear clothing that starkly contrasts your surroundings. Never bike with hot women in spandex.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I thought that I'd never vote for Trump. Well, never say never, I guess.

giphy.gif

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    And Mike.

But what’s more important? Trump? Or cycling? :):
    Well....If I had to guess, they love Trump more than cycling. They will sacrifice all for the guy so cycling is going down. But that's because I believe they do love their country so no matter how much I think some of their conclusions are whack or not well supported enough to beleve, I still think they mean well.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    For the record, I don't hate cyclists. Some of my best friends are cyclists. Heck, I even ride my bicycle when it's nice out. Strictly on trails, though.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well....If I had to guess, they love Trump more than cycling. They will sacrifice all for the guy so cycling is going down. But that's because I believe they do love their country so no matter how much I think some of their conclusions are whack or not well supported enough to beleve, I still think they mean well.
    I think they’re more imaginative than that. I think they find a way to keep both.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Recent Illinois State Supreme Court Ruling: Bicycles are not Intended users of roads. They are permitted, (which is a lesser standard), but not intended users.

Roads are meant for cars! :thumbsup:
    This has been an issue since the late 90’s in Illinois. The Illinois legislature has failed to act to correct this issue that was wrongly decided and illogical.

The court is saying that no matter what the government does to damage a cyclist, the cyclist cannot win in court but a motorist could. If the city cut a gouge in the road to make further repairs later and a car got caught in it causing a crash the car can sue but a cyclist in the same gouge cannot…

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This has been an issue since the late 90’s in Illinois. The Illinois legislature has failed to act to correct this issue that was wrongly decided and illogical.

The court is saying that no matter what the government does to damage a cyclist, the cyclist cannot win in court but a motorist could. If the city cut a gouge in the road to make further repairs later and a car got caught in it causing a crash the car can sue but a cyclist in the same gouge cannot…

The logic is pretty simple. Roads must be maintained to be sufficiently safe for vehicular traffic, the intended purpose, but not for all uses that may occur. Perfectly logical, just not a conclusion you like.

Though, in fairness, a motorcycle would have probably had a similar issue with a 5" pot hole.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The logic is pretty simple. Roads must be maintained to be sufficiently safe for vehicular traffic, the intended purpose, but not for all uses that may occur. Perfectly logical, just not a conclusion you like.

Though, in fairness, a motorcycle would have probably had a similar issue with a 5" pot hole.
    The court stripped a specific permitted group of legal protections still enjoyed by other permitted groups. The whole “intended” part is utterly ridiculous, hundreds of thousands of suits have been filed by litigants that were not “intended“ users or uses and they won.

This is wrong, “Roads must be maintained to be sufficiently safe for vehicular traffic”, they are for permitted use, unless otherwise codified in the laws.

This was the state Supreme Court trying to save bankrupting parts of the government…

Top Bottom