May 26, 2018
    North Central
    If a car has an obstruction in it's lane
    And it swerves to another lane
    Striking a car in the lane it swerved into
    Then the swerving car is at fault.
    Not the car that was in it's own lane.

Why is it different when it's a bike?
    It is not. The bike was in front of the bus with the right of way.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I hope that bus driver realizes he has caused a 20 page debate.

I dont really care either way, but i am curious why bicyclists dont stop at stop signs? Ive heard “because it takes a lot of energy to get going again”… isnt bicycling supposed to be for exercise?

Sorry. Continue with the bus debate.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    To lighten the mood a bit. This just came to my mind.

When i was younger, a buddy of mine got this brand new 10 speed. The rest of us were into bmx bikes. I had a redline, justn had a GT show, so he was the out of place bike. Anyways. We are riding in my neighborhood and hes looking down at the chain and changing gears, watching the chain move to the different sprockets. About that time we hear a loud BOOM. He hit a damn parked car that was parked on the street. Bent the hell out if his front rim. Best part was the guy whose car he hit just happened to be sitting on the porch, and was laughing his ass off! I expected him to be pissed off cause his bumped took a decent whack, but hell no, seeing some 15 year old smash his shiny new bike was obviously well worth the price of a small dent.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I noticed the part where King INGO thinks all cyclists shouldl bow their heads and move out of his way so he can save 10 seconds on his way home

And we all KNOW that INGO always comes to a complete stop and checks all direction before turning right on red, never accelerates into a yellow light when they're not already in the intersection, always yields to pedestrians in a crosswalk and rigorously obeys the speed limit even in a school zone or when it is a residential 25 mph

Doesn't claiming it's solely about 'not following/obeying the law' seem just a bit hypocritical?
    I may or may not have a lead foot, but those are all things I actually do. I have no desire to hit a dog or child that runs into the road.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wonder just what would cause a cyclist to crest the sign in the first place? Maybe the same selfish, entitled, inattentive drivers that caused me to give up road riding? Something I loved doing and was in great shape and health doing it.

I read the crap posted here from people that have not ridden a bike since their mommy controlled their lives that have no idea the laws, the techniques to stay safer, and just how dangerous it really is, but get the heck out of their way and don’t inconvenience them.
    People have their heads in their phones. It’s not safe.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I cannot speak to the situation in the video. But the law is clear the bus must have three feet of clearance from the bike or the bus is at fault. The bike has the right to use the lane as practicable as needed to safely procede. If this went to court the bus would likely lose…

Playing self appointed traffic warden is dick behavior, with or without imaginary glass. Not moving over to let faster flowing traffic go buy, regardless of your conveyance type, is dick behavior. People hate people who engage in dickhead behavior. I can't fathom why you feel the need to make up reasons to defend the guy other than you're now entrenched in cyclist is good car driver bad as part of your argument, but if he was on a moped and this thread didn't exist I strongly doubt you'd be making up excuses for him.

The 'it's legal' remains irrelevant.

Didjah watch the video? Why defend the dickhead? Is it that if he’s on a bike he must be in your tribe? You gotta defend the indefensible?

Obviously. Cyclists good. Cyclists right. Clyclists LeegggeeaaAAAl! If a traffic jam is caused by this guy's pedal toy, that's everyone else's problem.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Playing self appointed traffic warden is dick behavior, with or without imaginary glass. Not moving over to let faster flowing traffic go buy, regardless of your conveyance type, is dick behavior. People hate people who engage in dickhead behavior. I can't fathom why you feel the need to make up reasons to defend the guy other than you're now entrenched in cyclist is good car driver bad as part of your argument, but if he was on a moped and this thread didn't exist I strongly doubt you'd be making up excuses for him.

The 'it's legal' remains irrelevant.

Obviously. Cyclists good. Cyclists right. Clyclists LeegggeeaaAAAl! If a traffic jam is caused by this guy's pedal toy, that's everyone else's problem.
    I wonder if these cyclists complain about drivers that camp out in the left lane doing the speed limit when they're driving their cars.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    I've known several avid cyclists who were great guys. I've also encountered many courteous, safe cyclists on the road. So I hadn't really understood the hate either.

However, it's stuff like this that makes me start to understand the frustration. For some cyclists (and those tend to be the ones who make themselves noticed the most) it really feels like there's just no winning with them; they'll always find a way to slow down traffic, make things more dangerous for themselves, and then complain about how dangerous it is for them.

Perfect example right here. You would think that coming to a full stop, which is much safer than just blowing through and assuming cars will stop for you, would be a plus. But no, that's not good enough for them, because it requires a "major energy expenditure." So, expending energy is now a minus, while engaged in an activity that is supposedly for exercise?
    If you want to truly experience horrible bicyclist (to the point of full on suicidal), travel to Purdue University on a Monday-Friday.
    You will get the full on experience of why a bicycle rider should be licensed to ride or at the very least, submit a waiver of accident.
    I rode my bike while a student at Purdue but now as an employee, mother of pearl! Idiots

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    recumbent-trike.jpg
    With all the bike hate in this thread, the rage at seeing someone ride of these must be amplified by a factor of 100.

For the record, I ride a Catrike Expedition with a local club out of Kokomo. It is fun and a great way to get a workout. We usually ride 30-50 miles on a group ride. We stick mainly to back country roads, backstreets in town, and bike trails. Members of our group range from 63 to 92 years old. We do our best to avoid busy roads.

We do get yelled at, on average of once a year by an angry driver, (mostly women). We noticed the drivers of today are much more distracted than in years past. Todays drivers just don't care.

If I had a choice, it would be to ride 100% on trails. It is too bad that town are not connected by walking/bike trails on the old Interurban rail lines.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    View attachment 311561
    With all the bike hate in this thread, the rage at seeing someone ride of these must be amplified by a factor of 100.

For the record, I ride a Catrike Expedition with a local club out of Kokomo. It is fun and a great way to get a workout. We usually ride 30-50 miles on a group ride. We stick mainly to back country roads, backstreets in town, and bike trails. Members of our group range from 63 to 92 years old. We do our best to avoid busy roads.

We do get yelled at, on average of once a year by an angry driver, (mostly women). We noticed the drivers of today are much more distracted than in years past. Todays drivers just don't care.

If I had a choice, it would be to ride 100% on trails. It is too bad that town are not connected by walking/bike trails on the old Interurban rail lines.
    We have 2 old guys that ride them around our neighborhood. They only ride through subdivisions.

I was outside playin basketball with the neighborhood kids one day and they came riding by. Of course, i had to strike up a conversation (yes, im that guy… ill talk to anyone thatll listen). Long story short, they only ride thru subdivisions for 2 reasons. First, drivers going 50mph on country roads staring at their phones highly increases their chances of accident. 2nd, which is still funny to me, they dont wanna be an annoyance to anyone.

He said riding on country roads isnt relaxing at all. Riding through neighborhoods everyone waves and talks. Riding through the country hes constantly stressed he is gonna get hit, gets honked at, feels in the way, and if anything happened at his age it takes longer for help to find and get to him.

I think from a logical stance, it makes sense.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Honestly if i was to get back into riding, it would be one of those. With a cigar and a cupholder for my crown and coke. I would ride the neighborhoods looking for conversations to strike up so I could get drunk going from conversation to conversation.

If i get drunk enough, i would hang a big arrow on the side showing the safe distance to pass me, all while im doing 5 mph and swerving back and forth grumbling under my breath about my rights.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Honestly if i was to get back into riding, it would be one of those. With a cigar and a cupholder for my crown and coke. I would ride the neighborhoods looking for conversations to strike up so I could get drunk going from conversation to conversation.

If i get drunk enough, i would hang a big arrow on the side showing the safe distance to pass me, all while im doing 5 mph and swerving back and forth grumbling under my breath about my rights.
    I would like to be your camera ma..uh...person

Top Bottom