• ...and so much more!
  • target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Ok, fair enough. :D

But what about a "normal" person. When I say normal, I mean someone who's not into guns like we are.
    Someone who just wants enough guns to protect their family and home.

For that person, it'll be a pistol and a shotgun. At least starting out. But, again, WHY should that same person own an AR?
    I think everyone should have at least three guns
    1) pistol for 0-15 yards
    2) shotgun for 0-25 yards
    3) rifle for 25+ yards
    (The above distances are +/- depending on skill,load,situation)
    The reason for the AR platform. They tend to have a greater capacity over gramps old bolt action rifle. They have the "LEGO" build it the way you want it ability. Also they are just so damn sexy...lol

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Cuz I have 2 daughters...they look scary to boys....and they are half the price they used to be....hopefully the more we responsibly buy and own the more big brother will loosen the reins.(doubtful)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have 2 loaded in the bedroom with several extra mags. They are just in case the M1A runs out of ammo before the situation is taken care of.

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    Because when I was just a young man, a teacher I looked up to said "Son, a man can never love his country too much, and can never have too many guns or knives". It stuck in my head.

Now I have no care to justify a firearm purchase. If I can afford it, it's not taking food off my family's table, and I'm hurting no one else, I can do anything I want, because I live in America.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Because we've got collapsible stocks for everything from AKs to single-shot shotguns, the black rifle might as well match.
    Because there's just no way to get any more rails on a gun. At least not until somebody makes an AR entirely out of rails.
    Because 7.62mm is just too much gun. :D

(I actually do like ARs so don't flame me, eh?)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont own one ... yet!
    Its on my "to buy" list.
    I dont really need it as I wouldnt use it for home defense (I may change my mind in the future but for now I use shotguns and handguns) but that would be just a cool gun to own and to shoot at the range.
    I love the look of the AR and how you can custom them the way you want.I never seen two here in INGO who looked alike.

Do I need it for any practical thing other than having fun? No.
    Do I want one? Hell yeah! :D
    Will my wife let me spend $1000+ on something than I dont need? Lets hope she loves me enough to answer yes. :)

Elvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    In addition to what everyone else said; Its the grown up version of what I used to play guns with in the neighborhood as a kid..

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    i bought mine because i wanted the cool rifle......i keep it cause its fun......im buying another because there bad *ss!

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I dont own one ... yet!
    Its on my "to buy" list.
    I dont really need it as I wouldnt use it for home defense (I may change my mind in the future but for now I use shotguns and handguns) but that would be just a cool gun to own and to shoot at the range.
    I love the look of the AR and how you can custom them the way you want.I never seen two here in INGO who looked alike.

Do I need it for any practical thing other than having fun? No.i
    Do I want one? Hell yeah! :D
    Will my wife let me spend $1000+ on something than I dont need? Lets hope she loves me enough to answer yes. :)

Entry level Smith and wesson goes for$ 649 right now

Last edited:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Because I can.

And because my garage is too small for one of these:

picture.php

Top Bottom