• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I really am hating AR's the more I use them. To finnicky regardless of the makers Ive used. More I think about it the more some of mine might be hitting the classifieds. I like rifles that eat anything without getting fussy after a few thousand rounds.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Back in my war, they wouldn't let me keep my 14 when they issued 16's, and then took my 16 away from me when I rotated out. Took a long time but now I have an M1A and an AR with a NV scope on it. I guess the Carbine and the Garands are a whole different subject.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    OneBadV8 already stole my answer... but since he did, I'll try and come up with another one.

Every American productive citizen should own at least one of the following:

Pump Action Shotgun (your choice, but really your choice is only an 870 or a 500/590).

Combat Handgun (G19/17... kaboom, lulz; 1911; S&W M&P, etc.)

Detachable Mag style rifle (AR-15, M14, FAL, AK, etc.)

There is a reason why refined military soldiers around the world use the AR Stoner platform... and it's not because of Magpul. ;)

And since you like pink so much, you can even get them in pink. :D

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The same reason a dog licks himself.

so you own an AR-15 because you like the taste of your junk? :n00b:
    :):

I've only ever fired my uncle's AR, and it made me want to get one. That thing was sweet as hell, aside from being a lefty setup... its his gun, so he sets it up how he wants it, lol. But it would definitely be a good SHTF rifle. for home defence, I'm looking for a handgun or shotgun first, but it'll do the job.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I really am hating AR's the more I use them. To finnicky regardless of the makers Ive used. More I think about it the more some of mine might be hitting the classifieds. I like rifles that eat anything without getting fussy after a few thousand rounds.

I am not trying to stir the pot or pass out the Kool-Aid, but what brands have you been using?

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX

Any chance you were shooting older lacquer covered ammo? I have dumped thousands and thousands of rounds thru a dozen brands with no problem, but as soon as I used 10 rounds with a lacquer coating, BAM, the gun locked up.

Id check you ammo before writing off the whole platform.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010

Then YOU need a VZ-58!:rockwoot:

Sorrry fellas, couldn't resist!

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I am not trying to stir the pot or pass out the Kool-Aid, but what brands have you been using?

Everything under the sun. From Frankenstein guns to Colts, LMT's, and Noveske's.

LMT being the AR I have had the least amount of trouble out of after a few thousand rounds and various ammo makers. It would be the only one I would keep from my personal experience using average brass ammo. It runs pretty much anything, but I didn't have much luck with the buis staying tight.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I've been asking myself the SAME question lately.

Its all well and good to say "because they are fun to shoot!" ... but i almost never shoot mine. I dont even use it to shoot poodles, because I have a dedicated gun for that.

The only thing it really does for me is tie up a chunk of capital, but I'm still hesitant to get rid of it.

I may end up trading in on something else, but it would have to be something that both excited me and had a genuine use.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    AR rifles are fantastic, but overated. Much like a .45acp pistol I wont mention. I read something about Soviet armored troops sleeping in thier vehicles for fear of Afghan Muj shooting at them with Enfield .303s . What im getting at is that the best rifle is the one your comfortable with and shoot well with.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    AR rifles are fantastic, but overated. Much like a .45acp pistol I wont mention. I read something about Soviet armored troops sleeping in thier vehicles for fear of Afghan Muj shooting at them with Enfield .303s . What im getting at is that the best rifle is the one your comfortable with and shoot well with.

Overrated is often in the eye of the beholder. I don't think a weapon that worked well for over 50 or 100 years is overrated. What I find irritating are the fanboys who think their Glock/1911/M&P/XDm/whatever is the greatest invention since sliced bread.

I agree 100% with the bolded line. :yesway:

Top Bottom