• JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ^
    This and because the flag of Texas is actually cool looking.

Indiana's .... not so much
    Still, it's better than this one:
    pocatello.jpg

Lecaia713

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I actually like it a bit more now that I know there's a rationale for the stars. But, even though I do like Indiana, I definitely don't think it's one of the better state flags that we have. It is way better than Maryland, however.

states.jpg

Yeah... It seems like a lot of states didn't really consult a heraldry expert when they designed their flags. (Sorry, it's the SCA in me coming out...) I will say, from one hundred feet away, you can tell when someone is flying the Texas flag. Indiana's... not so much.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yeah... It seems like a lot of states didn't really consult a heraldry expert when they designed their flags. (Sorry, it's the SCA in me coming out...) I will say, from one hundred feet away, you can tell when someone is flying the Texas flag. Indiana's... not so much.

If you can't tell the Indiana State flag from 100 feet away, you need your eyes examined, just saying.:D

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Here's my Indiana flag flying on my secondary pole because it unfurls better on it than under my 5x8 US flag.

Don't know why, but the "We Support Our Troops" flag is mad of a really thin poly/nylon thread vs. the Indiana being a heavier material.

The US flag is a Tuff Tex flag, and we usually get at least a 10 months flying before I have repair the end on it.

The pole that the Indiana flag is on is a Harbor Freight telescoping pole, 4 sections, 16 foot total. One section is not up because I was in a rush to take the pic because the flags was unfurled.
    On top of the HF pole is a 3 in 1 weather sensor, coupled with a 5 in 1 sensor in the backyard let's me check up on weather conditions @ home on the displays, or via the web using a Android app on my phone.

2012-03-01_16-58-33_202.jpg~original

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Alabama: Yeah, just throw a couple of perpendicular lines on there... Nah, not quite right... Rotate it 45 degrees... THERE WE GO!

It is the Cross of St. Andrew. It is historical, not geometric.:laugh:

You clearly have never been to Alberta ;)

When did Alberta have a referendum?:dunno: I am unaware of this happening please ejamakate me.

I do know that Newfoundland had a vote and Newfoundland voted to give their independence up.

As I said, Canadian provinces do not have a good track record of independence.

bluestanger66

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I am in the process of putting up a flagpole, but unfortunately have to go through my HOA to get approval. Its been 2 weeks and havent heard. Looking forward to get both the American and Indiana flag up

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I am in the process of putting up a flagpole, but unfortunately have to go through my HOA to get approval. Its been 2 weeks and havent heard. Looking forward to get both the American and Indiana flag up
    Good luck on that, most HOA's are against minions from showing their Patriotism.

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy

If you put a flagpole up this weekend without the HOA's approval, what will they do? Make you take down a flag pole with an American flag on top? Good luck with that.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you put a flagpole up this weekend without the HOA's approval, what will they do? Make you take down a flag pole with an American flag on top? Good luck with that.

We had a member who was asked by his landlord to remove his US flag from the front of his apartment. :dunno:

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

To quote Nancy Reagan: "Just say no!"

What then?

I guess you have never been a homeowner that was in a HOA, doing something that is illegal in the HOA's by laws can result in numerous things, not limited to them stacking on multiple violations.

Fined for illegal improvements or decorations.
    Lien placed on property for the above.
    Legal action placed upon you through the court system.

The first question I asked before we signed on the dotted line on the purchase agreement for our current home was, "Is this home under the governance of a enforceable HOA?"

My longtime friend and realtor said "No, if it was, would this be a deal breaker IBM?"

I replied darn toot'n and me and Mrs. IBM signed the purchase agreement.

My first official act of my owning my new home was to have a 32 foot pole put in the day after closing (house was vacant @ the time), so when we moved in the follow weekend, I was ready to transfer the colors.

I had several neighbors stop and complement the pole and welcomed me to the neighborhood.

Top Bottom