• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Have you seen any Indiana flags for sale anywhere? Have you tried looking for one?

Go to Texas and they're for sale everywhere...

That's funny, I find Indiana flags for sale all over the place.

I have two poles, on my main 32 foot pole I have Old Glory and a "We Support Our Troops" flag, and on my 16 foot pole I have the Indiana State flag flying, on Colt's and IU game days I have their flag flying.

And of course no flag pole is complete unless it is properly lighted up for night use.

That's where a 8,000 lumen metal halite bulb comes in handly to light up the night. :patriot:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I think its mostly because its trendy these days. My family use to live in El Paso, and San Antonio before I was born. I've been through the entire state and I can say that i am not a fan.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Unlike Indiana, the Republic of Texas, was a soverign nation before it became a state. Despite all the federal money they accept, most Texans want to back to the good old days of the soverign Republic of Texas.

^
    This and because the flag of Texas is actually cool looking.

Texas_Flag.jpg

Indiana's .... not so much

INDIANA.jpg

dj-vektor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Morgantown
    Yeah I get that they were their own sovereign nation but I think Indiana is awesome. I think we all should be more proud of it. How many people have lived other places? Don't you think it's an awesome place to live, work, play and raise a family? I think my home-sickness is showing through on this but I'm serious. I'm gonna get me a big ol' Indiana flag when I get back and I'm gonna fly er high!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeah I get that they were their own sovereign nation but I think Indiana is awesome. I think we all should be more proud of it. How many people have lived other places? Don't you think it's an awesome place to live, work, play and raise a family? I think my home-sickness is showing through on this but I'm serious. I'm gonna get me a big ol' Indiana flag when I get back and I'm gonna fly er high!

I dont think being proud as anything to do with having a flag in your yard or not.
    I also think Indiana is awesome even though I live in a foreign country (that I love just as well) and dont fly the flag of Indiana.
    How many US politicians have the US flag in their office and dont care about the Bill of Right? :dunno:
    Having the flag doesn't mean your're a patriot just like not having it doesn't mean you're not proud of your nation or state.

If you wanna fly it that's great but dont think that the people who dont do that dont care about their state.

:twocents:

dj-vektor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Morgantown
    I like the feeling I get in all the small towns in Texas and I just think it would be cool if were the same in my state (one that is clearly a better state ;) ). They are proud and they show it, we may be proud but its hard to tell from the outside. You get what I'm saying? How would it feel to go to a football game and one half of the stadium is all decked out in their teams colors and is waving flags and banners and stuff then you look to the other side and everyone is just standing there in regular clothes not sporting colors or waving anything. How would the players of each team feel? Maybe that's a weird analogy but I think you see what I'm saying. Absence has definitely made my heart grow fonder of my state and I'm going to show it.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    That's funny, I find Indiana flags for sale all over the place.
    They're out there, sure, just not as prolific as they are in Texas.

They're not unobtainium, that's for sure :):. The thing that baffles me is that you're the first one to respond saying you could find one out of all of the responders here.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a Texas front plate and get more positive comments from it. Theres just something to be proud of if your Texan. Not saying that Hoosiers shouldn't be too but it doesn't seem to be the case.

dj-vektor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Morgantown
    Unlike Texas, Indiana has nothing to prove. :patriot:

Lol yeah we don't have to prove we aren't a part of Mexico! Talk about culture shock, when we first moved down there the cashier at Walmart was speaking Spanish then on the drive back to base I noticed that every billboard was in Spanish. Really?!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I saw that episode a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not a fan of shows with canned laughter (I think it's insulting), but Sheldon cracks me up.

FYI, BBT is filmed before a live audience.

Doesn't mean they don't prompt and/or even supplement, though.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    ^
    This and because the flag of Texas is actually cool looking.

Texas_Flag.jpg

Indiana's .... not so much

INDIANA.jpg

Indiana got carried away with the Gold sticky stars.

I fly a US and Canadian flag. No Indiana... I dunno why. I assume the Texas pride thing is much like the pride that Alberta has. They're very similar in people and government.

That's why I moved to Texas the first time around. It was very much like Alberta. Calgary and Fort Worth are very similar cities with similar people (when you don't count temperature).

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Indiana is not a bad State. Indiana's resources are tillable soil and good natured, hard working people.

Texans are proud of their heritage. Their forefathers fought tooth and nail to become a republic, against organized armys as well a harsh conditions.
    "American by birth, Texan by the grace of God".

In Indiana we use lots of Petroleum products and eat lots of Steak. We also burn lots of natural gas struggling to stay warm. Texas has lots of those things.

I run into about as many Latinos in Indiana as I did in Texas. If early hoosiers hadn't killed off the Indians, we would probably see those languages too.

I appreciate Indiana, but I love Texas.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Indiana got carried away with the Gold sticky stars.

Wow, you say Paul Hadley (the designer of the Indiana State flag ), got carried away with the gold stars, what's your opinion of the U.S. Flag?:D

There's a reason for those 19 stars.

The outer thirteen are for the original states.

The inside bottom five stars represent the 14th through 18th states admitted to the Union, and the larger 6th star that sits atop the torch represents Indiana being the 19th state.

I'm a little proud of that flag, besides flying it everyday, I'm from Mooresville, Indiana, Home of the Indiana State flag and to Paul Hadley who designed it.

I even attended Paul Hadley Junior High School.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Wow, you say Paul Hadley (the designer of the Indiana State flag ), got carried away with the gold stars, what's your opinion of the U.S. Flag?:D

There's a reason for those 19 stars.

The outer thirteen are for the original states.

The inside bottom five stars represent the 14th through 18th states admitted to the Union, and the larger 6th star that sits atop the torch represents Indiana being the 19th state.

I'm a little proud of that flag, besides flying it everyday, I'm from Mooresville, Indiana, Home of the Indiana State flag and to Paul Hadley who designed it.

I even attended Paul Hadley Junior High School.

I actually like it a bit more now that I know there's a rationale for the stars. But, even though I do like Indiana, I definitely don't think it's one of the better state flags that we have. It is way better than Maryland, however.

states.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    actually like it a bit more now that I know there's a rationale for the stars. But, even though I do like Indiana, I definitely don't think it's one of the better state flags that we have.

You are kidding, right? By INGO standards, Indiana has the best flag.

The flag is blue the color of LIBERTY.

The torch of Liberty is in the center and represent liberty and enligtenment.

The inscription and stars are in gold, the color of PROSPERITY.

Top Bottom