• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dj-vektor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Morgantown
    I've lived in Texas for the past 4 years and it seems like everyone has a Texas flag flying at their house. Their flag is also plastered on anything and everything you can think of. Why isn't Indiana like this? Where's the pride? I love Indiana and I'm counting down the days til I return. To me Indiana has so much more to offer yet so few of us fly our colors for some reason. Maybe they have hogs, antipope, axis, and onix to hunt but at least we can open carry :)

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I've lived in Texas for the past 4 years and it seems like everyone has a Texas flag flying at their house. Their flag is also plastered on anything and everything you can think of. Why isn't Indiana like this? Where's the pride? I love Indiana and I'm counting down the days til I return. To me Indiana has so much more to offer yet so few of us fly our colors for some reason. Maybe they have hogs, antipope, axis, and onix to hunt but at least we can open carry :)

Texans be crazy. They're just biding their time until they can become their own country again.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    I fly a US and Canadian flag. No Indiana... I dunno why. I assume the Texas pride thing is much like the pride that Alberta has. They're very similar in people and government.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    It's because Texans are actually proud of their state. I lived/worked there for 3 great years. I have a Lone Star with barbed wire on my shed so I can see it from my back door.

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    I don't know. I have always thought of myself as American first, Hoosier second. Most that I know from Texas seemed to be the opposite. Right, wrong or indifferent that is how I see it.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Have you seen any Indiana flags for sale anywhere? Have you tried looking for one?

Go to Texas and they're for sale everywhere...

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    Unlike Indiana, the Republic of Texas, was a soverign nation before it became a state. Despite all the federal money they accept, most Texans want to back to the good old days of the soverign Republic of Texas.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I have an Indiana flag below my US flag on my flagpole in the front yard. I alternate between the Indiana flag and the Gadsden.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have one, but I only like to fly one flag on the pole at a time. The US flag wins every time.
    (Last time I flew 2 flags, the pole snapped in half)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I fly a U.S. and Indiana flag most weekends and holidays. Sometimes I fly the Lafayette city flag under the U.S. flag. On April 19, July 4 I fly the Gadsen. On January 17 and March 15 I fly the North Carolina Militia flag (my ancestor William Freeman fought in those two battles).

I have a Gonzales flag and a Culpepper flag that I fly at times as well.

Despite all the federal money they accept, most Texans want to back to the good old days of the soverign Republic of Texas.

Who is telling you this if I can ask?:dunno:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Another possibility...It seems many either identify themselves as Hoosiers (IU variety) or Boilermakers. I see tons more of both of these flags than I do the state flag.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Blue scares the French, especially Flanby.:laugh:

Flanby. :laugh:

We have some blue on our own flag though. :dunno:

The two flags we fly around here:
    drapusa.gif
    flag-smiley-7327-2754c1.gif