• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    LEO makes a very good point about the NRA doing far more than just lobbing. But unfortunately many sportsman / hunters also see the NRA as mainly a political organization.

I can see people not agreeing with everything the NRA does. Heck I dont agree with the NRA 100% of the time. But not supporting the NRA would be akin to throwing the baby out with the bath water. If you dont support the NRA at least join some organization working for our rights. In addition to the NRA I also belong to GOA.

The time of setting back and *****ing then hoping for the best is well behind us. Times have changed in the last 30 years. Look at the sad state of the political system. We need to get off our collective butts, stop complaining and do something constructive. You know band together, sorta like the Democrats have done. I despise what the Democrats have achieved but I do admire their ability to stand together.

Lead - Follow - Or Get The Hell Out Of The Way

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It seems pretty simple to me. We had a six-year window of opportunity with the best combination of congress and president in decades for reversing old damage, like repealing several unconstitutional anti-gun laws, and the NRA sat there mumbling 'enforce the existing laws...enforce the existing laws...' I don't have a problem with spending money, but I am going to spend it on someone who will do something.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    No matter what you tell yourself if you are a gun owner you are making a big mistake by not joining with others to preserve your 2A rights. Make no mistake about it this is an on going fight to maintain that right. The NRA is strong we can make it unbeatable.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No matter what you tell yourself if you are a gun owner you are making a big mistake by not joining with others to preserve your 2A rights. Make no mistake about it this is an on going fight to maintain that right. The NRA is strong we can make it unbeatable.

It can't be unbeatable if it isn't willing to act.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Not to derail this thread, but for the past several months, I've often thought to myself, "Self, why is the demographic for the NRA so pro paying dues for representing their gun rights, yet many in the same demographic (primarily conservatives, Republicans) are anti union?"

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    The same reason that less than .01724% of ingo forum members showed up at the march on the state capital. 500 or less showed up out of about 29,000 people just on the forum not counting 5 times that many gun people in the state. Im sure everyone has an excuse. I had to work etc. Excuse are like buttholes we all have one and they all stink!!! Why do liberals get there way? Can anyone guess? Im sure they are a very small minority in the US but they seem to be getting what they want. Well first off they are dedicated to their belief. They show up at rally and call their politicians. They are tge sqeeky wheel and they get the grease. What it make a difference if 20,000 people showed up at every state capitol? Look at the nazi's less than 10% of the people were for the mazi party. If 10 men were in your house and one guy broke in and said he was going to kill all of us we would laugh. The problem is we as conservatives arent doing enough and arent dedicated enough overall. If we were we wouldnt be losing our country.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    And for all those out there who refuse to join for whatever reason, whats say we just do completely away with the NRA. Let the little guy with no influence carry our message to Washington and the State Houses.

After all it worked well in England, New Zealand and Australia, didn't it.

No more monies from the NRA for range improvements and don't tell me they don,t, we have 1st hand experience here in No. Indiana that in fact they do.

No more monies for teaching safety and classes for the youngsters.

The list goes on and on.

Yes Please Keep Sending Those Checks, it benefits all of us who legally own guns.

And to those who once again have problems with the NRA pays their management, you do not get quality without spending money. Furthermore if you do not like the management, VOTE.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Wonder where we would be if there wasn't an NRA. My guess is we would all be getting proficient in archery.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So if they don't do things YOUR way its the highway!

We already have someone in Washington with that attitude.

Damn straight! If they don't do things my way, I am not giving them my money. I will give it to someone with more compatible views.

dusterboy49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Fremont
    Initial cost, once your on the list they keep asking for more money, More focus on representing hunters than firearm owners as a whole so willing to compromise on many issues related to carry, generally focused on the law making and not taking issues to court. GOA alternative does exist. # of firearms sold doesn't correlate to # of firearm owners as most people own more than one gun.

This is my main problem with NRA:twocents:

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Initial cost, once your on the list they keep asking for more money, More focus on representing hunters than firearm owners as a whole so willing to compromise on many issues related to carry, generally focused on the law making and not taking issues to court. GOA alternative does exist. # of firearms sold doesn't correlate to # of firearm owners as most people own more than one gun.

This is my main problem with NRA:twocents:

Yup we all here know how concerned our elected officials are about GOA, or any other gun group other than the NRA.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Any reply to that statement could only be taken as an insult.

But the rest of us will continue to carry you.

You aren't carrying me. I contribute to those who are doing something. Don't presume to tell me what to do with my money. Don't presume to tell me that I am not doing my share. If you want to give money to people who have an aversion to taking a stand as they continually cry for more money, most of which apparently goes into overhead expenses, they by all means do with your own as you wish. Now, get a grip on the fact that what I do with my money is none of your damned business, and shove the condescension, well, out of the reach of sunshine.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am not presuming anything, I'm calling it the way I see it. My way or the highway dude!

If I accept your standard, I should also donate to the Brady Campaign. After all, according to you, disagreement with how my money would be spend by an organization is no excuse for not giving it.

Top Bottom