• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Damn straight! If they don't do things my way, I am not giving them my money. I will give it to someone with more compatible views.

Just glad their are not a lot of people with your views or we wouldn't even be having this forum. To tear down the only organization that has led the fight to keep our guns is unconscionable. Even considering the things they do wrong, if not the NRA then who? If you don't want to join, fine, just don't tear down the only organization we have with clout.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just glad their are not a lot of people with your views or we wouldn't even be having this forum. To tear down the only organization that has led the fight to keep our guns is unconscionable. Even considering the things they do wrong, if not the NRA then who? If you don't want to join, fine, just don't tear down the only organization we have with clout.

Where were they during the six years in which we had at least a nominally friendly president and congress? Oh yes, they were sitting in the corner mumbling 'enforce the existing laws' when we needed a good push for repeal of at minimum the Hughes Amendment, legislation to protect the importation of otherwise legal weapons, and the elimination of the ineffective Brady Law. An effort to get rid of the remainder would have been even nicer, but I could live with repairing the most recent damage to gun ownership.

Maybe if there were more people with my views, we would have an organization that took a more active approach to the problem rather than simply attempting to keep the intolerable from getting worse.

Once again, what good does this 'clout' do when it isn't used?

Top Bottom