• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    That normally takes a finger but if anything depresses the trigger the gun is designed to fire. That would not be any sort of accident but a negligent discharge.
    True. I have a great friend that is a Marine sniper, former police sniper, former USMC Pistol team member, current firearms instructor, and a major contributor to “The Armory Life” publications and videos. He’s truly a great man and dear friend. He has been teaching civilians varying firearms classes and after 20+ years he had his first unintended discharge on the range where there was an injury.
    The pistol in question was a ….wait for it…… GLOCK! It happened while reholstering. It was after a drill and the shooter was wearing a coat with a draw string with plastic keepers on it. One of those got into the trigger guard as the pistol was being put back in the holster, BANG!
    Pistol’s fault?
    Holster’s fault?
    Operator’s fault?
    Just a bad accident?

As NTH3 said: When the trigger gets pulled….. ;)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    True. I have a great friend that is a Marine sniper, former police sniper, former USMC Pistol team member, current firearms instructor, and a major contributor to “The Armory Life” publications and videos. He’s truly a great man and dear friend. He has been teaching civilians varying firearms classes and after 20+ years he had his first unintended discharge on the range where there was an injury.
    The pistol in question was a ….wait for it…… GLOCK! It happened while reholstering. It was after a drill and the shooter was wearing a coat with a draw string with plastic keepers on it. One of those got into the trigger guard as the pistol was being put back in the holster, BANG!
    Pistol’s fault?
    Holster’s fault?
    Operator’s fault?
    Just a bad accident?

Since it's my dear departed friend Coach I'll restate his constant reminder.. Draw quickly, re-holster carefully. Also brings to mind another often heard quote of his, shooting yourself is always counterproductive. I REALLY miss that guy!

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    The dick swinging in this thread is hilarious! :lmfao:

Also, at least to me, it says something that the P320 threads always carry the same stigma, and always devolve into these online pissing matches. It has a tarnished reputation that it will likely never overcome.

That being said, I’d like one at some point if only because I enjoy pistols a good deal and want to “collect them all” lol. I’m only interested in one with a manual safety FCU, though… ;)

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Added a new upper to my P320. I think I like it better this way.

AXG grip module, Sig factory stainless slide, factory full sized recoil assy, Faxon full sized fluted barrel. These things really are addictive to customize. Between this and my P365 I'm not sure which is more fun to tinker with.View attachment 320403
    Just jumping it to say this is by far the coolest 320 I have ever seen...

Merry Christmas INGO

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Pistol’s fault?
    Holster’s fault?
    Operator’s fault?
    Just a bad accident?

The more one is around something, the more of the chance that a mistake will happen.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Also, at least to me, it says something that the P320 threads always carry the same stigma, and always devolve into these online pissing matches. It has a tarnished reputation that it will likely never overcome.

That being said, I’d like one at some point if only because I enjoy pistols a good deal and want to “collect them all” lol. I’m only interested in one with a manual safety FCU, though… ;)
    Perhaps I should bring in the simple fact that, 9mm always beats 45 auto?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have the answer the P250!

DAO its the answer or not?

I own one it has about a 7 pounds long trigger pull. You can get a trigger kit that reduces to about 6 pounds and helps with reset.

It’s accurate and would take a freak accident to make it go boom.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

I own one it has about a 7 pounds long trigger pull. You can get a trigger kit that reduces to about 6 pounds and helps with reset.

I also have one, it's as smooth as glass, but one can drive across Indiana before the trigger breaks. I think I've shot it twice now. lol

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I, too, have a P250, and I rather like it. The long trigger press slows splits down a little bit, but not a horrible amount. For a competition gun, it sucks. For a carry gun, it’s actually pretty good. It’s the second lightest DA pull I’ve ever felt, and that says something. Shame they didn’t catch on more.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I, too, have a P250, and I rather like it. The long trigger press slows splits down a little bit, but not a horrible amount. For a competition gun, it sucks. For a carry gun, it’s actually pretty good. It’s the second lightest DA pull I’ve ever felt, and that says something. Shame they didn’t catch on more.
    I bought the first one for my ex wife, when it came in the store owner told me the wholesale from Sig had dropped $100.00 bucks.
    I then ordered myself one. It is like glass.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I had a couple of P250s (9mm and a .22) and really liked the platform, until I started getting light strikes. It didn't surprise me on the .22, because let's face it, rimfire copies of service guns tend to be a hot mess, but when I had a couple with with the 9mm, I lost faith in it.

I tried a few things and may have resolved the problem, but the trust was broken. The opportunity came along to trade them both on a "G" model PX4, and I jumped. It doesn't complement my P320s as well as the P250 did, but it's an interesting gun and has been completely reliable. Plus it gives me a DA/SA action which I prefer to the DAO. I do wish it was the compact model, though.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Exactly, as I pointed out early. Only to be immediately attacked for saying I suspect the pistol is 100% fine now, but still carries an extremely tarnished image. Even mention P320 and the jokes, meme, wisecracks, and tall tales come rolling out.

Same situation as the Boeing 737 Max really.

Sig would do well to re-release the pistol with minor cosmetic changes as the P325.

That said I don't own a Sig. But I would not mind a West German made P228

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I had a couple of P250s (9mm and a .22) and really liked the platform, until I started getting light strikes. It didn't surprise me on the .22, because let's face it, rimfire copies of service guns tend to be a hot mess, but when I had a couple with with the 9mm, I lost faith in it.

I tried a few things and may have resolved the problem, but the trust was broken. The opportunity came along to trade them both on a "G" model PX4, and I jumped. It doesn't complement my P320s as well as the P250 did, but it's an interesting gun and has been completely reliable. Plus it gives me a DA/SA action which I prefer to the DAO. I do wish it was the compact model, though.

Was this an early model 250, or later?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil

While some DAO’s are better than others (the old S&W 5946, 4046 and 4586 are hard to beat)
    Have you ever tried an HK with an LEM? I run an HK 45 LEM as a rut gun and they are pretty sweet. US Border Oateil and Customs ran HK P2000 with LEMs for almost 20 years and they are great from agency schmucks to experienced shooters

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    While some DAO’s are better than others (the old S&W 5946, 4046 and 4586 are hard to beat)
    Have you ever tried an HK with an LEM? I run an HK 45 LEM as a rut gun and they are pretty sweet. US Border Oateil and Customs ran HK P2000 with LEMs for almost 20 years and they are great from agency schmucks to experienced shooters
    Not sure if the Customs and Border Patrol guys were running the LEM P2000s or the DAO versions (non-LEM V5). I think they were running the latter when I was working with one of their classes down at FLETC, but all the articles I see indicate they were running the LEM. It must have been the heavier LEM (v2, maybe?) as I remember the trigger being pretty heavy.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom