• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    One good reason is to live on after you die, when youre gone your ideas and memory lives on through your kids. The world being the way it is is a great reason to have kids. You can raise another great responsible person to be an asset to family and society to counter the bums having kids that will grow up to be leeches. There are lots of good reasons in this thread also.

Like others have said its not all about money. Op how old are you?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The age threads got me thinking. Along with some things going on in my personal life. So, I'm asking. Why have kids? To me it seems like financial suicide. And the world is so messed up. When they are born they will already owe over $200k. On night while out at dinner with my dad and a cousin who had a newborn with them, my wife thought she would corner me and asked them to tell me why having kids was the best thing ever. Dad couldn't come up with anything. Neither could the cousin. Backfire. My wife says it would be something that loves you. We have 2 dogs. They seem to like me pretty well. I guess for me the numbers just don't add up. So far I have yet to hear a good reason. Are there any?

Jason

My wife tricked me....really.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I guess I should have worded it better. It's not that I don't want kids. I'm worried about the world they will be born into and if I can provide for them. When I was a kid there were many times we would go to the grocery store and have a cart of food for the week or two, only to get up to the checkout and card declines or something of that sort. My parents both had full time jobs that didn't pay well. My mom died young and I feel didn't get to enjoy the last years of her life while worrying about me at college or something. I just don't want to have a kid and then not be able to provide for them. Unlike the meth heads, welfare queens etc. I am actually thinking this through.

Jason

You ever get into that situation where you can't pay for the groceries there will always be help available. If the state or feds wont help...you come here....you get ahold of me first and I will walk out in my woods and shoot you some "Dinner" that will last for weeks and if you get bored of that type of meat....the river is a 3 minute 4 wheeler ride from my house and we will catch you some more "dinner".

That is why this world is such a scarey place...people use to help each other years ago...now it seems, every man/woman for themselves. But luckily Im pretty sure you wont have to worry about that with the crowd here at INGO.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    fish

I know how to fish. It's the catching part that seems to elude me. I live right off the White river. Still can't get a straight answer about if I'm allowed to wade through there or not. :D I keep hearing about how people will be throwing things at us. But, I still don't trust that. I have a very small family. Sister doesn't have kids and never will. Dad is dad so won't count on that. As for how old I am, I'm 35. Very late to be having kids I know.

Jason

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    It's not something anyone on here can explain to you. It's a whole new perspective on life it changes your outlook on everything and the only way you can experience it is to have one.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The age threads got me thinking. Along with some things going on in my personal life. So, I'm asking. Why have kids? To me it seems like financial suicide. And the world is so messed up. When they are born they will already owe over $200k. On night while out at dinner with my dad and a cousin who had a newborn with them, my wife thought she would corner me and asked them to tell me why having kids was the best thing ever. Dad couldn't come up with anything. Neither could the cousin. Backfire. My wife says it would be something that loves you. We have 2 dogs. They seem to like me pretty well. I guess for me the numbers just don't add up. So far I have yet to hear a good reason. Are there any?

Jason

One good reason I can think of is because it sounds like your wife may want one.

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    I just skimmed the thread so im not sure if this was posted or not....

i had kids for the simple reason that one day they will be old enough to pick up the dog poop and mow the lawn and i wont have to!

:D

tj_v89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    You ever get into that situation where you can't pay for the groceries there will always be help available. If the state or feds wont help...you come here....you get ahold of me first and I will walk out in my woods and shoot you some "Dinner" that will last for weeks and if you get bored of that type of meat....the river is a 3 minute 4 wheeler ride from my house and we will catch you some more "dinner".

That is why this world is such a scarey place...people use to help each other years ago...now it seems, every man/woman for themselves. But luckily Im pretty sure you wont have to worry about that with the crowd here at INGO.

^^^^this, again.^^^^^

Plain and simple....people need to bond together and help one another.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I truly don't believe anyone is ever ready to have kids. You could always be better off financially. You could always have a more stable career. You could always have more time to devote to them. You could always be a better parent. The fact that you want the best for any future children speaks volumes about your character. The fact that you give a damn what kind of parent you will be also speaks volumes. Some people don't want children and that's okay. There is nothing wrong with that. But if your only reason for not having children is because you're afraid of what the world is becoming just keep in mind that our parents were worried about the same thing. So were our grandparents. So were previous generations. My children are the most amazing 5 things that have ever happened to me. Yes, sometimes they mouth off or get into trouble at school or draw on the walls or pour nail polish all over the floor, but those are the things you learn to laugh at later because they aren't as common as the awesome things that kids do. Because you don't have any I can't describe the feeling to you. It's the most unconditional love you can imagine multiplied many times over. And it's incredible.

Yellowjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Ft wayne
    Having a child was the most scared I have ever been. I asked myself a lot of the same questions your having and a lot more. I hated the stupid answers I received when asking friends and family about having kids today in this scary world. Most told me when you first hold your child you will just know. I thought know what,that doesn't answer anything. Well bud, I now have 2 girls and if you ever decide to have kids. When you first lay eyes on them you will just know. There is nothing in this world that could keep me from providing for my family. And last but not least, if I died today I would be so thankfully for the time the lord gave me with my girls. In no way would I regret the time spent with my kids. Trust me that was the last thing on your mothers mind was regret. Good luck

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Life is not a about money it's about family. Having said that, you must be responsible when choosing to have a child. The ability to properly care for the amount of children is important.

Having to sacrifice your materials to have a child is not financial suicide. I would gladly give up everything I own for my family.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    If you cant figure it out on your own then you may not be a proper candidate to have a kid...(your wife should have known this before she took the plunge).
    It aint all about your wallet........

/thread.

If you don't have a kid, then it's hard to explain why...if you are like any other normal human with a heart and a pulse, have one and your question(s) would be answered.

(Checks over left and right shoulder) My boy is the only person in this world that I really don't like going a full day without seeing.

He's in first grade. He has no off switch when it comes to talking/asking questions and has no concept of personal space, but I can't hang out with him enough.

Top Bottom