• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RLC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Greenville IN
    Hate em. Ugliest guns ever made but highly reliable and accurate. I own many pistols H&K, Colt, Browning, S&W, Walther, Taurus, and Dan Wesson but can not bring myself to buy Glock. I've shot em and many friends own em but why put an ugly gun in the collection? For EDC give me a revolver. It's just simple and reliable like me!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Hate em. Ugliest guns ever made but highly reliable and accurate. I own many pistols H&K, Colt, Browning, S&W, Walther, Taurus, and Dan Wesson but can not bring myself to buy Glock. I've shot em and many friends own em but why put an ugly gun in the collection? For EDC give me a revolver. It's just simple and reliable like me!

I've never understood this. I agree with the below quote about Glocks:

The looks of a Glock are growing on me. I've always thought them to be ugly, but now kind of like the clean, simple lines. They will never win a beauty contest but the Glock 23/19 have to be about as nicely proportioned as firearms get. I think the biggest thing that attacks me to Glocks is the simplicity of the whole package. Simple to use, simple to maintain. No worries about which holster to wear, since two holsters can pretty much carry any Glock. The older I get, the more stuff I have to worry about in life. Carrying a Glock some times takes just a tad bit of that stuff away.

I disagree on the ergonomics of the gun. I think they are quite ergonomic. They are not as form fitting or comfortable to hold as something like a CZ but they do fit the hand well and all controls are right where they should be. The allow you to get the web of your hand closer to the bore axis than most other guns. I think they are far more ergonomic than many other guns. I'm not a real fan of any of the grip textures and run Talon rubber grip tapes on all of mine, but I also tend to change grips on my 1911s and CZs.

I've also never understood people saying they felt horrible in the hand. They feel perfect to me, even after handling every type of handgun in sight at the gun show last weekend. Everyone talked about how other guns felt so much better, but not one of the weapons I picked up felt any better to me than a Glock. I even bought an M&P VTAC, after hearing so many people say they felt so much better than a Glock and while I like it, I honestly think the Glock feels better. I realize everyone's hands are different and everyone prefers different things, but Glocks feel the best to me.

I was completely sold on a Glock. Gen3 19. But a friend turned me on to the S&W M&P 9mm and I decided to do some research. My eyes have been opened. I'm not a Glock hater now, I'm just more open to the possibilities. Now I just need to go get my hands on each one and shoot them for a bit. Maybe I'll buy both?

What did you end up with? Or have you settled on anything yet? I have a Gen3 G19 as my EDC and I love it. I also have a Gen3 G34 (which is awesome) and I just recently picked up a 9mm M&P VTAC. I like both the Glocks and the M&P, but they are quite different. Both are nice and accurate, but the triggers feel very different. Definitely try both out to see what you prefer. If you haven't been able to shoot both yet and want to drive to Beech Grove and share a lane, I'd be happy to meet you at BGF and let you shoot both of mine :)

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    If we all liked the same thing we really wouldn't need a forum that offers peoples opinions and reviews… everyone sees things differently

LostLake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    West Side
    If we all liked the same thing we really wouldn't need a forum that offers peoples opinions and reviews… everyone sees things differently

Hahaha, truth!

I love the Glock vs. X argument(s). Glocks are great. So are a ton of other pistols. That having been said, if I had to choose 1 pistol to own for the rest of my life, my G17 would be #1 at this point. I don't own a M&P 9mm yet, but that line of pistols has grown on me. I'm a M&P believer.

whippo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I always thought people carried glocks because that is what most criminals use so they want a fair fight? I like to be on the advantage that's why I carry a Springfield :):

chezuki i cooked some more popcorn for what is to follow

:popcorn:

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    My main reason for owning a Glock is the fact it never fails me. Also is IMHO a gun you can throw in the truck take any where and like a Timex watch it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. No pretty but does it's job every day with out complaint or failure.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I always thought people carried glocks because that is what most criminals use so they want a fair fight? I like to be on the advantage that's why I carry a Springfield :):

chezuki i cooked some more popcorn for what is to follow

:popcorn:

Be careful with that Springfield. The magazine rattle will give away your position...

nashfred01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2012
    Bloomington
    I think Glocks are good combat guns. Very reliable and low maintenance. There are definitely guns that I like better, but if someone told me I would have to go to war with a Glock, I would not complain.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I'm not a Glock guy, owned one, sold one. It was a sweet Glock 30 I sold to a good friend and fellow ingo member. Great gun, just didn't fit me as well as other guns I owned. Glocks just work. They don't have the sex appeal like some do, but that's not why you should be carrying anyway. If you buy a gun to carry, its basically your b*tch that gets lots of daily abuse and gets banged into crap. My edc (xds 45), I could care less about physically. It will have holster wear, and I feel if I wear it out, I did something right. A Glock does well at this task. It goes bang every time. Its accurate, tough, has aftermarket, and doesn't look awful. I'd like to add a G19 to my arsenal one day as I kinda dig em.

lava dog 1/3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    indianapolis
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Glock has a huge assortment of aftermarket following and can always find what you need to replace or improve. A very big positive. But the blocky handgrip is not my favorite. However, the reliability is. Beretta FS seems to fit my hand better. Personal preference only. That's what makes owning different models and brands all the fun...the debate.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Don't have a glock

May get one eventually as an EDC.

What attracts me to a glock?

What many of you have already said. Availability, reliability, Simplicity.

That and I can carry a glock 26 and have 2 spare glock 17 mags and I have the firepower of a glock 17. (Don't get too technical on me with the fact that the guns are not exactly the same, I'm talking close combat here.)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I didn't start with a Glock, but like many I landed there eventually. For me it was a need to do more training and I wanted a work horse. Add in the availability and decent prices on mags and it makes it a no brainer. Finding one made in USA sealed the deal for me.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    why glock...? because i own and have owned an array of handguns, my glock 19 is the best gun per dollar out of any i have owned or shot.

Top Bottom