Why does everyone NEED an AR now for $1500..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Ok, the point of this thread is that the writing has been on the wall for quite a long time now. Why wait for a pseudo crisis to take the plunge?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At least $2000 according to the classifieds

Been some interesting posts in the long gun section. If you want to see what they are worth (at least to the sellers) take a stroll through there. Makes me want to post one of mine as bait to see what I can catch......Getting pretty crazy boys.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    In 1976 a friend offered to sell me an M16 for $250. I turned him down complaining that I could afford the rifle but not the added $200 for the federal blackmail fee. Boy do I feel like an idiot now!

I really hope in a few years the people who are saying that those paying $1500 for an AR-15 are idiots, don't wind up like me!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Huh. I would have taken 3,000 for my BCM upper and Spikes Lower...

I'm guessing if you posted it, you'd probably be getting offers around $2,500 based on the prices I just saw. I saw someone selling a PSA kit with a lower for more than I have in my PSA build with the PRO and a pile of pmags.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm guessing if you posted it, you'd probably be getting offers around $2,500 based on the prices I just saw. I saw someone selling a PSA kit with a lower for more than I have in my PSA build with the PRO and a pile of pmags.

There would be mags and ammo as well :D

rpsthirteen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I knew it was getting bad when I stopped by Orion Arms on Tuesday and saw everyone panic buying. So, I went home and spontaneously bought a $1800 msrp daniel defense v5 for $1400 from Buds just in case.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    It's all so that later when things have settled down and they need money again, I/we will be in a flooded market of unwanted AR's that we'll be able to scoop up on the super cheep! Basically these panic buyers are putting our future purchases on a discounted layaway program

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    OK, while I think this is a lot of hype and speculation. The fact the Pres has formed a committee and put Biden in charge tells me this is a lot noise on an emotional, but non-starter issue for Dems. While I see a lot of gun people profiting from this, I do not have a problem with that. Not my business to intefere with natural selection.

Of course, if I was SURE there would be no ban, I would sell all of my stuff at an enormous profit and then just buy twice as much a year from now. That would be confidence this is all about nothing....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's all so that later when things have settled down and they need money again, I/we will be in a flooded market of unwanted AR's that we'll be able to scoop up on the super cheep! Basically these panic buyers are putting our future purchases on a discounted layaway program

Same thing happened with Harley' in the 90's. Took awhile for things to trickle back down to the regular riders.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Been some interesting posts in the long gun section. If you want to see what they are worth (at least to the sellers) take a stroll through there. Makes me want to post one of mine as bait to see what I can catch......Getting pretty crazy boys.
    Wonder what I could get for my mini-30 with collapsible evil black stock :D

Top Bottom