• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ain't no big deal, i've shot most of them from Colt to Wilson. And most everything in between. They are litterally a pain in the side to carry (long barrell) not nearly so as accurate as a Springfield XD unless you load at about 3.9 to 4.3 grains to control recoil.
    I suppose if they were the be all end all, The Seals wouldn't be carrying
    Sig 40's. It's all in your perspective, you either love them or you just don't like them. Your choice, and you really haven't experienced pure humiliation until you shoot a Colt Diamond Back Special Forces 10mm.

Wow, I have none of those issues with any of mine. No knock on your skill sets but hang on man, hang on....:D
    It is not unlike drag racing a fast Harley (no smart comments on the fast Harley s please. I had a couple of mid 10 pieces, see avatar) It wont turn well, doesn't stop for crap but if you hang on for the whole ride it is worth the effort. Just my ever so humble opinion.

If the seals carry the .40 it's for the ballistics.

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    No no no they carry .357 SEAL.

Sig invented the .357 SEAL by taking a 9mm case and necking it down to .380

I hope to god I didnt need to put that in purple. But just in case. EDT for purple.

SEALs, like Delta, carry a variety of pistols and calibers. They carry what they need for the mission. Most of the SEALs tend to use the 9mm (or used to), cause it was easier to get in channels. Delta used to carry .45s, cause they were able to get those in bulk. Both used other rounds as needed though, and have changed pistols around.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Your choice, and you really haven't experienced pure humiliation until you shoot a Colt Diamond Back Special Forces 10mm.

Got a picture handy of a Colt Diamond Back Special Forces 10mm? I'm not familiar with that model.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    OK, I must admit, I only have one 1911, but its a collection item only (read: not to be fired), since I inherited it from my dad with no idea what it was. Turns out its an old Steyr 1911- made in 1916. It looks weird, but every time I pick it up, it fits my hand better than any of my other guns (except my CZ-75).

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    OK, I must admit, I only have one 1911, but its a collection item only (read: not to be fired),

I think it's physically impossible for me to own a gun I didn't fire. At least ONCE.
    Even if I ever bought a fancy schmancy under-glass-with-papers type.
    At least...just...ONCE. (Then I'd display my spent casing with it) :D

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I've had several, and they all functioned perfectly. However they all seem to sit in the safe and do nothing. I like my Glocks!! and CZ's

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    General Patton carried one with some nickel bling and white grips!

Seriously though, I can't get enough of the style of recoil a .45 provides. Nice easy push and accurate to boot. The 1911 to me is stylish and fits my hand like a glove. Many customization options available and if you take the time to research, you'll find how easy they really are to perform a total strip down and cleaning all the way down to the bare frame.

You can also start on the low end and customize to your hearts content or go large and get a big dog already sweetened by the smith. So far I'm middle of the road and one day I'll get the ultimate prize of a Wilson or Les Baer.

Interesting. At the Patton Museum at Ft. Knox, he has two .357s on display, but no 1911 and no pictures of him with a 1911.

Top Bottom