• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Very simplistic thinking from only a simple point of view. Do you realize life is about trading rights away. The right of your time vs. a paycheck for one. The freedoms of association in the constitution grant the like minded the freedom to create enforceable agreements as to how they will live. I enjoy that freedom…
    You have no "right of time." You have the right to pursue happiness. If restricting your own property rights makes you happy, knock yourself out. Freedom is a simple concept, no matter how much you try to twist it into a pretzel to make it mean a group of control freaks getting together to monitor the height of the grass in their neighbor's yard in the hopes of squeezing a few dollars more out of their pathetic cookie-cutter vinyl boxes on postage stamp sized lots.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    It has everything to do with your post. The choice you are referencing is the choice to buy with or without an HOA. Do you not realize that “choice” is set up by the landowner and the only way to stop that choice is to take away the landowners rights to deed restrictions, create covenants, and create an HOA?

Yes or no, you agree that a law should be enacted that ALL land owners must sell ALL rights to property, no deed restrictions, no selling of individual rights, no covenants.
    OK, since you want an answer that has nothing to do with my posts, nor the topic, I'll answer.
    Anyone that wants out of an HOA should legally be allowed to say that he/she is no longer in the HOA and that minute after he/she's no longer obligated. Anyone that disagrees should have all their property seized. Added the last part just for you.
    There. Like the answer. You wanted to be a dictator so you'll get that answer troll.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Again INGO is so blessed to have one of so much knowledge of the entire countries legal land laws to enlighten all of us…
    You want to be a smart ass, just post what you want to say Mike. No purple, just be a big boy and post it.

It's easier just to admit that your wrong.
    Unlike you I've traveled this and many other countries during my life.
    I made different decisions than you.
    My decisions took me different places than you.

Have you lived for over 30 years with a partners that was/is an attorney and have family members that sold real estate for half of your life?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The courts do not hear cases they don’t want and there is no requirement they do so, there are numerous ways a court can send a plaintiff packing if the case lacks merit for a trial. The case cited went to trial and the HOA won.
    You stated that courts don't have to accept cases, that is incorrect. They have to accept them. Now yes there are a multitude of reasons a judge can dismiss it after, but that is not what you stated. So yep you were wrong.
    I’m sure the car with the California plates was the owner inspecting the property. :lmfao: :lmfao:
    You can tell that is a CA plate in that picture? I'm pretty sure it's not. CA plates have California written across the top in red and it doesn't come as close to the edge as what appears to be a darker colored bar on that plate. So I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that as well.

But yes I could see a recent Commiefornia transplant wanting to own in an HOA. Make them feel like they never left.
    The constitution requires the consent of the governed as does the HOA. If one cannot see that I cannot help them.
    Not what you stated, so yep still wrong.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You have no "right of time." You have the right to pursue happiness. If restricting your own property rights makes you happy, knock yourself out. Freedom is a simple concept, no matter how much you try to twist it into a pretzel to make it mean a group of control freaks getting together to monitor the height of the grass in their neighbor's yard in the hopes of squeezing a few dollars more out of their pathetic cookie-cutter vinyl boxes on postage stamp sized lots.
    I bet you would feel different if the government tried to make you work for them a certain number of hours a week, you would find that a violation of your rights. You have a flawed definition of freedom, particularly the freedom of selling property as the landowners wishes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    OK, since you want an answer that has nothing to do with my posts, nor the topic, I'll answer.
    Anyone that wants out of an HOA should legally be allowed to say that he/she is no longer in the HOA and that minute after he/she's no longer obligated. Anyone that disagrees should have all their property seized. Added the last part just for you.
    There. Like the answer. You wanted to be a dictator so you'll get that answer troll.
    Should everyone that enters into a contractual agreement be able to get out of those agreements too? Heck, wouldn’t even need courts. Easy peasy just end every any contractual agreement on their own. We would not even have to pay back our mortgages.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The only way to achieve not allowing a landowner to create an HOA is through the use of force thereby taking the landowners rights. Can you not see that the only way to get what you want is to take a landowners rights?
    Justify someone who does not own something maintaining rights to it. The land owner is the person who owns it. Once someone sells it, someone else owns it. When you own something it belings to you and you get to decide what to do with it.

Because the laws allows it is not justification.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Should everyone that enters into a contractual agreement be able to get out of those agreements too? Heck, wouldn’t even need courts. Easy peasy just end every any contractual agreement on their own. We would not even have to pay back our mortgages.
    If HOA is sooooooooo amazing like you say, no one would want out. Hadn't even said anything other than HOA.
    Again, hadn't said anything on a loan. You are seriously pulling more and more bs from nowhere.
    Are you OK? Do you have a head injury?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I bet you would feel different if the government tried to make you work for them a certain number of hours a week, you would find that a violation of your rights. You have a flawed definition of freedom, particularly the freedom of selling property as the landowners wishes.
    You mean the enumerated right against involuntary servitude? Slightly different than having a "right of time". Or should I file multiple lawsuits against a variety of govt agencies, state and federal for the time I've spent waiting in their lobbies? Wally world for not opening up another line? Hell lawsuits against Drs alone would put me into Elon Musk territory.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    And you noticed that, he still hasn't admitted he's wrong with lot sizes.
    IMO where the HOA matters is the typical developer built vinyl village on the postage size lot.

HOAs on 3-40ac parcels don't make sense, again, IMO.

@Dean C.'s scenario is when a HOA helps and it helps not having a bunch of Karen's on the board. I have my doubts if Dean's HOA can kick that guy out so quickly and easily, but I'm glad to be watching from a distance...

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    IMO where the HOA matters is the typical developer built vinyl village on the postage size lot.

HOAs on 3-40ac parcels don't make sense,
    You don't think it matters when things like the roads from the entrance to the last home on that road are in need of maintenance?
    Maintenance on drainage, community property with things like retention ponds need to be cleaned and maintained, grass needs to be mowed..
    Unlike many small lot communities that the roads were turned over to the city or county and they maintain them? More so when the only community property is the flowers and beds where the entrance sign is.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So yes, your just like the guy you are complaining about. Ignore the covenants if it suits you.

HOAs on 3-40ac parcels don't make sense, again, IMO.

@Dean C.'s scenario is when a HOA helps and it helps not having a bunch of Karen's on the board. I have my doubts if Dean's HOA can kick that guy out so quickly and easily, but I'm glad to be watching from a distance...

I hope it’s easy, this guy has been breaking the biggest bylaw we have. From what my recon tells me he only actually visits the property once every two weeks or so, he definitely does not actually live there himself. That’s another rider too, it has to be your primary residence for the first year. Ugh I still can’t believe I get lucky enough to have the hotel house right next to mine.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    You don't think it matters when things like the roads from the entrance to the last home on that road are in need of maintenance?
    Maintenance on drainage, community property with things like retention ponds need to be cleaned and maintained, grass needs to be mowed..
    Unlike many small lot communities that the roads were turned over to the city or county and they maintain them? More so when the only community property is the flowers and beds where the entrance sign is.
    Honestly, if HOAs only covered those things I'd be a supporter of them.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I hope it’s easy, this guy has been breaking the biggest bylaw we have. From what my recon tells me he only actually visits the property once every two weeks or so, he definitely does not actually live there himself. That’s another rider too, it has to be your primary residence for the first year. Ugh I still can’t believe I get lucky enough to have the hotel house right next to mine.
    Other than having a variety of different vehicles coming and going, how has it effected you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom