• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I added some to my post after you quoted me. Yeah not all departments pay as good. I believe in a fair wage for a persons work. Like other jobs, some employers dick over their employees. It's not right no matter what your job title.

no I think its a nice gesture for a free drink or a discount. But done so as a thank you and not a pay pitty party

If it is not fair they shouldn't apply for the job

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So the discount is only supposed to be for LEO? Huh... I always thought it was just a perk of open carry. ;)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    :rolleyes:

If you've never had to work for less than you felt you were worth in order to get by, you've been quite lucky.

I have been willing to work for less than I was worth to get by, doing it this winter as a matter of fact. But you should still not take a job you want if it does not pay what you want.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Especially with welfare, section 8 housing and all of the other perks that come along with sucking oxygen in this country.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Many years ago I worked midnites at the Westfield Shell. Had to explain to a Hamilton County deputy that I was supposed to keep fresh coffee on all the time ANYWAY, and that I noticed that as long as he was parked out under my lot lights doing his paperwork, I neither got robbed nor saw too many undesirable types come in. A very pleasant coincidence, indeed. And, as it turned out, a pretty good guy.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    you rang?

M-F 9a-1p. I was there so much they talked me into coming out of semi-retirement.

yes we give LEO free fountain drinks or coffee. We also give the same to EMS & fire. I can tell you I've had customers who look like they have had a bad day and I do the same for them, within reason.

No, Washington St/Emerson Av...where we see Ms. Gungho from time to time.
    NOW I find out! I use to live right around the corner there on Dequincy & 10th St.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think other people like teachers (or poor college kids, single moms etc) should get free stuff too but they dont wear uniforms so it's not as easy to spot as LEOs.
    I know a restaurant who will deliver free food to the local fire station (even though they dont deliver for any other people). :dunno:

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    I think other people like teachers (or poor college kids, single moms etc) should get free stuff too but they dont wear uniforms so it's not as easy to spot as LEOs.
    I know a restaurant who will deliver free food to the local fire station (even though they dont deliver for any other people). :dunno:
    :ugh:Wow are you brave!:bowdown:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    The shop I work at gets free swag from race teams and what-not rather often.
    How a company chooses to reward people is their business. And what comes around goes around imo.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county

we do. i get the whole summer off from destroying the country via youth indoctrination.

as far as cops getting free coffee, lunch, lapdances, etc., i've no problem with it. business owner's choice.

Top Bottom