• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    Yeah, pretty much lost the argument with that post.

Is this better? Can you understand the message now?
    Haters-Gonna-Hate-T-Shirts.png

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    corruption???? Like taking money???
    Corruption...like corruption. Do you really need that clarified? :rolleyes:

There ARE poor examples in ALL professions.......not sure what you do for a living but take a second, is their any profession that doesn't have bad apples???
    Your post isn't about other professions so lets not stray from your topic, shall we? Even so, very few other professions have further reaching implications on society. Police should be held to a higher standard.

For the record, I never said ALL LEO's are good examples
    But you'd never call out a bad one and sure do defend them blindly to the death.

but many here would lead you to believe ALL LEO's are bad examples and it just isn't so, no matter how many video's or post say otherwise.....it just isn't.
    Absolutely False. Even the most critical INGOer agrees that a few bad apples are ruining the whole police bunch. :ingo:

If we all take your "shut your pie hole" approach, then there would be no pressure on the police to take a hard look at their ranks and weed out the bad apples.

You sure do seem to take this topic personally. Tell us, is it your uncle, father or brother that is in law enforcement?

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    It seems that in post #3, the OP made it an 'everyone else' bashing thread--generally not a way to get a positive reaction from everyone else.

Not really, but many don't need an excuse.

The idea was to clearly take the side of the LEO.

A while bacK someone posted "WHAT GUN DO YOU CARRY" I was a little surprised, when a bunch of guys said, WELL MY DAD CARRIES or WHEN i AM OLD ENOUGH I WILL HAVE A GLOCK......so not a lot of first hand life experience.

Same with this post (and many others) showing "cops going bat sh*T over going 7 over"........"all the guys from school that became cops are bullies"......all that cr*p goes unchecked, it's flat out at face value NOT TRUE.....but who pipes up......(crickets)nobody....it gets exausting frankly, so I am not really expecting the second or third or NO HAND story tellers to come around, and say yea, actually when the cop pulled me over it really was my fault, or the 7 mph over was really 20 over in a school zone.

Everyone that gets a ticket wasn't speeding or didn't roll a stop and everyone in jail is inocent, and they would be free if it wasn't for corrupt cops (oh an judges).:rockwoot:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not really, but many don't need an excuse.

The idea was to clearly take the side of the LEO.

A while bacK someone posted "WHAT GUN DO YOU CARRY" I was a little surprised, when a bunch of guys said, WELL MY DAD CARRIES or WHEN i AM OLD ENOUGH I WILL HAVE A GLOCK......so not a lot of first hand life experience.

Same with this post (and many others) showing "cops going bat sh*T over going 7 over"........"all the guys from school that became cops are bullies"......all that cr*p goes unchecked, it's flat out at face value NOT TRUE.....but who pipes up......(crickets)nobody....it gets exausting frankly, so I am not really expecting the second or third or NO HAND story tellers to come around, and say yea, actually when the cop pulled me over it really was my fault, or the 7 mph over was really 20 over in a school zone.

Everyone that gets a ticket wasn't speeding or didn't roll a stop and everyone in jail is inocent, and they would be free if it wasn't for corrupt cops (oh an judges).:rockwoot:

I don't doubt that fiction is available from a number of sources. Unfortunately, in my experience, the police are just as proficient as any other purveyors of fantasy. You have clearly taken the position that the police are right barring absolute proof to the contrary, or to view from a different angle, all others are liars until proven truthful. Non-police who take license with the truth may feel as though they have been caught when they read a post conveying this position. Those who have perfectly legitimate complaints about police malfeasance from personal experience will come to the conclusion that you don't have the requisite sense to get in out of the rain. No insult intended, just the way the perception works.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I don't doubt that fiction is available from a number of sources. Unfortunately, in my experience, the police are just as proficient as any other purveyors of fantasy. You have clearly taken the position that the police are right barring absolute proof to the contrary, or to view from a different angle, all others are liars until proven truthful. Non-police who take license with the truth may feel as though they have been caught when they read a post conveying this position. Those who have perfectly legitimate complaints about police malfeasance from personal experience will come to the conclusion that you don't have the requisite sense to get in out of the rain. No insult intended, just the way the perception works.

No insult taken, I am NOT at all (including this post) trying down play any "legitimtate complaint" as by thier very nature they are legitimate. On the same note (including this post) I have not attempted to obsolve 100% of police of malfeasance, to the contrary actually.

As this thread goes on I have tried and will, to convey that lumping ALL police into the bad apple bunch has become far to easy for many here. It's just not true, it's not right.

There will be "malfeasance" in everyone.....my personal point of view is that ALL MEN (and women)(myself as well) are flawed and will act in flawed ways in life.....that doesn't make it right, it is however how it is, only One was perfect...and it' aint me.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    What I got from reading this email...dont call the cops cause they're too strung out on life and just wanna go home. Pretty broad stroke shes painting if you ask me.

When I was in my third year of my contract with the government, the kind of contract you cant back out of...especially since I was 7500 miles away from home, I knew I couldnt let my mind wander. The finer things of civilian life such as cold milk and captain crunch cereal in the morning, or real toilet paper let alone a real toilet. A shower. Sleep.

No, my job required every bit of concentration because my life, my teams lives and the lives of my fellow Marines depended on me being at 110% no matter how tired I was of humping 120 lbs on my body. No matter how scared I was of how me and my team would react in first contact. No matter how much I truly felt I wasnt going to make it home alive.

But I did my job. Unfortunately, some of my brothers didnt make it home AND they were doing their jobs too. Their bodies were unrecognizable after the blasts. Pale cold skin and chunks of their bodies strewn across the desert. Friends, buddies, fellow Marines. Yet I had no tears for them. Not yet, it wasnt over yet.

I know what my rights are and I still have nightmares of those who lost their lives. But when I have to deal with some ****-ing fat cop that loves to trample rights while pushing his badge in my face because someone one day said he's got some kinda un earned authority, then we have a problem.

Now I'm not trying to paint a swathing big brush of contempt for cops all around. I got fellow brothers who are cops. I've worked, smoked and joked with cops. But Ive also dealt with the dicks, the pricks and wannabe militant bullies. Calling citizens, civilians like they're some paramilitary unit.

Not enough people actually understand their rights these days and this only enables those who Choose to disregard them.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    What I got from reading this email...dont call the cops cause they're too strung out on life and just wanna go home. Pretty broad stroke shes painting if you ask me.

When I was in my third year of my contract with the government, the kind of contract you cant back out of...especially since I was 7500 miles away from home, I knew I couldnt let my mind wander. The finer things of civilian life such as cold milk and captain crunch cereal in the morning, or real toilet paper let alone a real toilet. A shower. Sleep.

No, my job required every bit of concentration because my life, my teams lives and the lives of my fellow Marines depended on me being at 110% no matter how tired I was of humping 120 lbs on my body. No matter how scared I was of how me and my team would react in first contact. No matter how much I truly felt I wasnt going to make it home alive.

But I did my job. Unfortunately, some of my brothers didnt make it home AND they were doing their jobs too. Their bodies were unrecognizable after the blasts. Pale cold skin and chunks of their bodies strewn across the desert. Friends, buddies, fellow Marines. Yet I had no tears for them. Not yet, it wasnt over yet.

I know what my rights are and I still have nightmares of those who lost their lives. But when I have to deal with some ****-ing fat cop that loves to trample rights while pushing his badge in my face because someone one day said he's got some kinda un earned authority, then we have a problem.

Now I'm not trying to paint a swathing big brush of contempt for cops all around. I got fellow brothers who are cops. I've worked, smoked and joked with cops. But Ive also dealt with the dicks, the pricks and wannabe militant bullies. Calling citizens, civilians like they're some paramilitary unit.

Not enough people actually understand their rights these days and this only enables those who Choose to disregard them.

First, Thank you and your brothers for serving. We see somewhat eye to eye I believe.

Just like if you pull up a video or come on here and those that you care about are being disrespected because of the acts of a few. Some get jaded by what they see daily, some stay 100% squared away, some have power problems.

Thanks again, much respect.
    Mike

Last edited:

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    First, Thank you and your brothers for serving. We see somewhat eye to eye I believe.

Just like if you pull up a video or come on here and those that you care about are being disrespected because of the acts of a few. Some get jaded by what they see daily, some stay 100% squared away, some have power problems.

Thanks again, much respect.
    Mike Carroll

It is only on a forum like this that I can provide a point of view, an explanation for some of the contempt that people are feeling for the police. On the street though, the cops badge rules and the citizen has no say.

Of course I'm all about putting the bad guys away, but it's gotten to where the police are pre-empting peoples rights to make the arrest. And if they got the wrong guy or are flat out wrong, oops sorry have a nice life, or sorry we shot your dog, or sorry my knee was on your neck for so long.

WE THE PEOPLE

Its a balance of power that has been shifted out from under the peoples feet.

Just knowing that the supreme court has ruled that a cop can lie and coerce to his hearts content is enough to upset the balance of trust.

Just knowing that the supreme court has ruled that cops have no obligation to protect a citizen is enough for anyone to be concerned for their safety in this anti-second ammendment atmosphere.

The only people I trust are my family and those guys that were in it with me when it mattered. And that is a sad state of affairs my friend.

djkbmwguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I have a lot of respect for all LEO's, I have respect for the office of the President even though I don't have any respect for the current president. I see a lot of good the police do, but also see and read about many bad apples too. So although I respect their position I probably don't trust many of them as individuals. I was stopped this past year for a speeding violation and the officer blatantly lied to me about the speed I was going. I was going about 2 over the limit and he said I was going 12 over. Now, I was being passed by a truck on the right who was entering the highway. The truck pulled in behind the officer because he knew he was the one speeding. The officer would not even talk to him and sent him on my way. when I tried to tell him that I was not doing 12 over he said that he never made mistakes. So not just getting a ticket but his attitude is what leaves one with a distrust and dislike for LEO's. First ticket in 25 years and never had any other issues with them but the distrust is there. But I would rather have them on my side than against me.

After last November I do not think highly of 51% of America. Is this your 51% you were talking about?

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I have a lot of respect for all LEO's, I have respect for the office of the President even though I don't have any respect for the current president. I see a lot of good the police do, but also see and read about many bad apples too. So although I respect their position I probably don't trust many of them as individuals. I was stopped this past year for a speeding violation and the officer blatantly lied to me about the speed I was going. I was going about 2 over the limit and he said I was going 12 over. Now, I was being passed by a truck on the right who was entering the highway. The truck pulled in behind the officer because he knew he was the one speeding. The officer would not even talk to him and sent him on my way. when I tried to tell him that I was not doing 12 over he said that he never made mistakes. So not just getting a ticket but his attitude is what leaves one with a distrust and dislike for LEO's. First ticket in 25 years and never had any other issues with them but the distrust is there. But I would rather have them on my side than against me.

After last November I do not think highly of 51% of America. Is this your 51% you were talking about?

There are tricks they use to engage you into self incrimination. For instance, cop says "Are you aware the speed limit is 55 here...I clocked you doing 12 over the limit.". You say, "12? I was only doing 57!". Guilty. You incriminated yourself.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    There are tricks they use to engage you into self incrimination. For instance, cop says "Are you aware the speed limit is 55 here...I clocked you doing 12 over the limit.". You say, "12? I was only doing 57!". Guilty. You incriminated yourself.
    Sneaky bastards....:shady:

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI

Every day I hear something dumb. Today, this was it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom