Why Are So Many Still Against Hemp / Marijuana ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I don't use anything but alcohol. Ask someone that uses the drug you're interested in (they're everywhere). I honestly couldn't answer that.

The penalties if convicted are beyond reasonable. Especially since petty possession with no intent to distribute hurts nobody but yourself. I would equate it to getting thrown in jail for not wearing your seatbelt and when you get out, you can no longer get a decent job. Your options for being a successful member of society are essentially over. All for committing a "crime" that would not have hurt a single person but yourself. And in a free society (which we are clearly not with government nanny laws), people should be free to do any sort of stupid crap they wish as long as it only harms themselves.

I am all for ticketing pot users. Providing it to minors is another story.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    A federal judge just upheld the schedule 1 status after a hearing with evidence presented from both sides (link above (somewhere)).

Personally, I don't want to work with a user. I've work for users and drunks, not anymore.

As mentioned before it is everywhere. Twice this week driving on the southside of Chicago, I could smell people smoking in there cars. I've seen dumba$$ high school kids smoking, as the bikes coming towards them were cops. The cops gave them a stern you guys are the dumbest a$$es, then went on their way.

They didn't arrest them or do anything more significant than scold them because Chicago no longer prosecutes simple marijuana possession.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    So.....
    chicago is the leading example of the progressive treatment of drug laws

Chicago?

​how's that working out for them

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Why ticket people for something that harms nobody but the user? It's the same thing as a seat belt law, or any other nanny state law. It's simply an additional tax on the populace. It doesn't actually do any good to ticket, prosecute, imprison, or punish people in any way for committing "crimes" that have no victim.....Unless you're the court, police, etc... In which case, you obviously want the "crime" to remain so that you can continue to collect revenue.

There's already laws in place for providing illicit substances to minors (alcohol and tobacco). And by keeping marijuana illegal, it's actually easier for a minor to get a hold of. You think a drug dealer cares if you're under 18 or 21??? No, but if it were legalized and treated the same as alcohol or tobacco, no store is going to sell to a minor, and there won't be drug dealers dealing marijuana anymore.

I am all for ticketing pot users. Providing it to minors is another story.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So instead, let's throw the people using in jail, label them a criminal, and ruin the rest of their life.....amirite???

...Or we could legalize it and treat it the same as other drugs (alcohol and tobacco). But that would be too rational, wouldn't it.

Not to mention, alcohol and tobacco are more dangerous, and proven to kill more people. But again.....logic doesn't prevail in this argument.

Again, we already have laws against providing alcohol and tobacco to minors. We should be treating marijuana the same. People that get caught providing to minors get prosecuted, the business gets fined, etc... It's far less prevalent than drug dealers, who wouldn't think twice to sell to a minor (they're already breaking the law).

Victimless, eh?

Because nobody under 18 ever bought a pack of smokes.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    So instead, let's throw them in jail, label them a felon, and ruin the rest of their life.....amirite???

I keep hearing this, one felony does not "ruin the rest of your life" (yes, I know a few) or skid row would be 5000 miles long.

...Or we could legalize it and treat it the same as other drugs (alcohol and tobacco). But that would be too rational, wouldn't it.

that is just what he was saying by "ticketing"

Not to mention, alcohol and tobacco are more dangerous, and proven to kill more people. But again.....logic doesn't prevail in this argument.

Alcohol and tobacco are many, many times more prevelant than pot use. If the percentage were much less than drugs the volume of use would show raw numbers greatly inflated. (Unless everyone who had a beer smoked a doob also)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Who said anything about life in prison? And we aren't just ticketing across the US. Open your eyes. I've provided you with the stats on petty possession (no intent to distribute). Over 600,000 prosecutions in 2013 alone. We're ruining peoples lives. Have you filled out a job application lately? They ask about this kind of stuff on your application. If you're convicted of a drug offense, you aren't getting a good job these days.

Bipolar much? We just when from a ticket to life in prison. Providing to a minor? Sure, felony.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Who said anything about life in prison? And we aren't just ticketing across the US. Open your eyes. I've provided you with the stats on petty possession (no intent to distribute). We're ruining peoples lives. Have you filled out a job application lately? They ask about this kind of stuff on your application. If you're convicted of a drug offense, you aren't getting a good job these days.

you told the truth on your application?

your about the only one, I've processed many and the most we did was call references

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I'm successful, and I don't use anything illicit under current law. No, I didn't lie on my application. I have no need to.

The fact that people have to lie about their convictions to get a decent job after they've served their time is an issue in and of itself. Once you've served your time, you shouldn't continue to be punished. And the fact that we're punishing people for victimless crimes is ludicrous.

you told the truth on your application?

your about the only one, I've processed many and the most we did was call references

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So instead, let's throw the people using in jail...ruin the rest of their life

Who said anything about life in prison? And we aren't just ticketing across the US. Open your eyes. I've provided you with the stats on petty possession (no intent to distribute). Over 600,000 prosecutions in 2013 alone. We're ruining peoples lives. Have you filled out a job application lately? They ask about this kind of stuff on your application. If you're convicted of a drug offense, you aren't getting a good job these days.
    You open yours. We have 15 pages of people calling to repeal "prohibition", and I am compromising with a ticketed offense.
    Is that not the right of an employer? Is it not illegal? Would you want to hire somebody who knowingly broke the law?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You open yours. We have 15 pages of people calling to repeal "prohibition", and I am compromising with a ticketed offense.

It's a step in the right direction, but only a small step. Production and distribution will still be illegal and the black market will persist just as it does today.

I'll take small steps when I can get them.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Hey, we agreed on something! What you want is is liken to the colonization of Mars. There is no way the .gov will give up that cash cow, thus the black market. They still control alcohol, and they will attempt to tax cigarettes out of existence.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    A ticket offense is not good enough.

The black market would still exist as it would still be illegal to produce or distribute. The "war" would still continue, and our tax dollars (remember, the tally is now more than a TRILLION dollars) would continue to flow just as it does today. It all needs to stop.

Is that not the right of an employer? Is it not illegal? Would you want to hire somebody who knowingly broke the law?

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    A ticket offense is not good enough.

The black market would still exist as it would still be illegal to produce or distribute. The "war" would still continue, and our tax dollars (remember, the tally is now more than a TRILLION dollars) would continue to flow just as it does today. It all needs to stop.

so.....legalize every drug

like I said before, all or nothing

(I hate to tell you but, your gonna get nothing)

Top Bottom