Why Are So Many Still Against Hemp / Marijuana ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So because politicians won't do what is right, we should just abandon all hope, not press for what we really want, and take what little scraps we can get?

I don't think so. I'll take what I can get, and continue to press for what is needed. There is no such thing all or nothing. I'll take steps in the right direction until we get everything.

so.....legalize every drug

like I said before, all or nothing

(I hate to tell you but, your gonna get nothing)

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    So because politicians won't do what is right, we should just abandon all hope, not press for what we really want, and take what little scraps we can get?

I'll take what I can get, and continue to press for what is needed.
    the politicians "doing right" is evidenced by the population that elects them to represent their interests

(the ballot box is the term limit)

apparently the majority of the population as evidenced by the representatives (not some poll of 500 people in one area of a liberal city) disagrees with you.

now you have to determine if your opinion of them "doing right" is the determining factor for 320 million people.

I suggest you run for office

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    So since I don't like the NFA laws pertaining to short barreled rifles, fully automatic weapons, destructive devices, and AOW, and since possession of those really doesn't affect anyone but me, should I just go ahead and do it anyway, even though the consequences could ruin my entire life? Just because I don't agree or like the law means I don't have to follow it, right?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Hey, we agreed on something!

I really doubt that this is accurate.

There is no way the .gov will give up that cash cow, thus the black market. They still control alcohol, and they will attempt to tax cigarettes out of existence.

Alcohol has been deregulated enough that there is no real black market for it. That is the bare minimum of liberty that we should be shooting for with drugs if we want to see the same benefits that we saw when we repealed alcohol prohibition.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    “One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”
    Martin Luther King Jr.

“An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law”
    Martin Luther King Jr.

“I became convinced that noncooperation with evil is as much a moral obligation as is cooperation with good.”
    Martin Luther King Jr.

“An unjust law is itself a species of violence. Arrest for its breach is more so. Now the law of nonviolence says that violence should be resisted not by counter-violence but by nonviolence. This I do by breaking the law and by peacefully submitting to arrest and imprisonment.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    So since I don't like the NFA laws pertaining to short barreled rifles, fully automatic weapons, destructive devices, and AOW, and since possession of those really doesn't affect anyone but me, should I just go ahead and do it anyway, even though the consequences could ruin my entire life? Just because I don't agree or like the law means I don't have to follow it, right?
    and if I have a daisy cutter in my garage it should be ok because if I'm an idiot and blow it up, killing everyone in a one block area..............the could sue me.

For damaging someone else ......with my freedom.....

or maybe their family could sue........cause they would be dead

or sue my estate since I'm dead too..........my estate that I just blew up.....

I think there may be a hole in this idea

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    and if I have a daisy cutter in my garage it should be ok because if I'm an idiot and blow it up, killing everyone in a one block area..............the could sue me.

And if I have an ar-15 in my garage it should be ok because if I'm an idiot and accidentally shoot it around the neighborhood, killing a bunch of kids... they could sue me.

I think there are many holes in all of your ideas.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    And if I have an ar-15 in my garage it should be ok because if I'm an idiot and accidentally shoot it around the neighborhood, killing a bunch of kids... they could sue me.

Maybe You should have a background check

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

they can not sue you

that is because they're all dead

gun control saves lives

we should ban "freedom"

to keep all the children safe

its not about rights

little tiny weed

innocent lungs were destroyed

so many victims

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    until 2A people accept gays and hippies we're going to lose...a little bit of reciprocity regarding liberty could go a long way.....im sorry, i love ingo, but some of you guys are way behind

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    At least we saved the children

they can not sue you

that is because they're all dead

gun control saves lives

we should ban "freedom"

to keep all the children safe

its not about rights

little tiny weed

innocent lungs were destroyed

so many victims

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana

You missed my point. My point was the last sentence of my post: Just because I don't agree or like the law means I don't have to follow it, right?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Why ticket people for something that harms nobody but the user? It's the same thing as a seat belt law, or any other nanny state law. It's simply an additional tax on the populace. It doesn't actually do any good to ticket, prosecute, imprison, or punish people in any way for committing "crimes" that have no victim.....Unless you're the court, police, etc... In which case, you obviously want the "crime" to remain so that you can continue to collect revenue. There's already laws in place for providing illicit substances to minors (alcohol and tobacco). And by keeping marijuana illegal, it's actually easier for a minor to get a hold of. You think a drug dealer cares if you're under 18 or 21??? No, but if it were legalized and treated the same as alcohol or tobacco, no store is going to sell to a minor, and there won't be drug dealers dealing marijuana anymore.
    You know, I just read an article that noted that marijuana - related traffic accidents are up 100% in Colorado since legalization. There were a list of other "downward trends" attributed to marijuana usage, including the perennial "it's a gateway drug," "measurable intelligence loss," and "measurable decrease in work performance." Some were law enforcement statistics, some from medical studies. With alcohol, I can tell if a person is "under the influence" in the workplace; not as easy to tell with marijuana. And frequent users seem to become "abusers;" not being satisfied with using it on their own time, but using it while driving and at work as well.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    “One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”
    Martin Luther King Jr.

“An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law”
    Martin Luther King Jr.

“I became convinced that noncooperation with evil is as much a moral obligation as is cooperation with good.”
    Martin Luther King Jr.

“An unjust law is itself a species of violence. Arrest for its breach is more so. Now the law of nonviolence says that violence should be resisted not by counter-violence but by nonviolence. This I do by breaking the law and by peacefully submitting to arrest and imprisonment.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Since we're doing notable quotable from various sources, including religious, I will provide a counter point in the name of continued constructive debate.

Romans 13:1-7 ESV [h=3]Submission to the Authorities[/h]13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. [SUP]2 [/SUP]Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. [SUP]3 [/SUP]For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, [SUP]4 [/SUP]for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. [SUP]5 [/SUP]Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. [SUP]6 [/SUP]For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. [SUP]7 [/SUP]Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

That's a pretty tough verse, especially in todays era of very corrupt governments. The point of the verse is that even though we don't like the law, our government, etc., we are still subject to them.

I think you have good points by Dr. Luther and Gandhi...and both of them were certainly very open critics and very influential in overturning unjust laws. So what I'm saying is that kudos for fighting for change...that is to be applauded. But for folks emphasizing open disobedience as the best way of driving that change, perhaps there are better methods.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Since we're doing notable quotable from various sources, including religious, I will provide a counter point in the name of continued constructive debate.

"Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God." 1 Peter 2:16

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's those people's right to throw their life away. Right now, we're prosecuting victimless crimes.

Theres already laws against impared driving. And work places have the right to fire people who come to work under the influence of drugs.

You know, I just read an article that noted that marijuana - related traffic accidents are up 100% in Colorado since legalization. There were a list of other "downward trends" attributed to marijuana usage, including the perennial "it's a gateway drug," "measurable intelligence loss," and "measurable decrease in work performance." Some were law enforcement statistics, some from medical studies. With alcohol, I can tell if a person is "under the influence" in the workplace; not as easy to tell with marijuana. And frequent users seem to become "abusers;" not being satisfied with using it on their own time, but using it while driving and at work as well.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

If we could tell if a person had an alcoholic beverage at anytime in the past 30 days, you know how many auto accidents could be 'attributed' to alcohol? Virtually everyone of them....

Top Bottom