Why Are So Many Still Against Hemp / Marijuana ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    No. Obviously we should harshly, publicly, ridicule them just before we pour hot tar over their heads, plunge a knife into their chests, and set them on fire. Because those are the ONLY two possibilities. :rolleyes:

Again, you prove your sig line correct

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    No. Obviously we should harshly, publicly, ridicule them just before we pour hot tar over their heads, plunge a knife into their chests, and set them on fire. Because those are the ONLY two possibilities. :rolleyes:

It seems like arguing with them on the internet is the next step below patting them on the back. A reasonable middle ground before the hot tar.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Again, you prove your sig line correct

brownnoser_award_anadi.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'm very late to the thread, but in college I had two friends that went from being 4.0 students at a very tough private engineering school in Terre Haute, to barely graduating and struggling to find jobs. They went from caring about their grades, to caring about nothing by the next high. The stopped going to class, they stopped studying, and only by luck and the persistence of their friends to help them get classes complete did they make it through school. They stole from friends to get money to buy pot. They bummed food from us because they had spent all their money on pot. They bummed rides to class because they couldn't put gas in their car because they spent all their money on pot.

The fact that they had such low GPA's upon graduation really made it hard for them to find a job in the field they studied, and probably cost them at least 50% in terms of starting salary, and probably cost them a huge amount of money throughout their careers as that starting salary typically becomes the base to build on. I have no idea what happened to them...who knows...maybe they did make a change and are doing quite well. Maybe they didn't, but were able to find another profession to help earn a living. I hope things did work out for them...they were great guys that seemed to make some not so great decisions.

Yeah, I know other things, like alcohol, girls, etc can cause similar behavior. I'm not saying pot does it to everyone, but it did it to these guys. I'll never forget watching my buddy get high after a final, and ceremonially burn a $200 textbook and all his notes from the class, only to find out a few days later that he failed the final and the class, and would have to retake it. His exact words were "I done f'd up, didn't I."

Again, that was enough for ME to realize that any drug can really affect the way a person behaves and those decisions can really cause a spiral down the tube. So, legal or not legal, I won't be doing it, and really don't care what other people do with it. I think legalizing it just opens the door for too much other fallout that is worse than whatever the claimed negatives are today for it being illegal.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I'm very late to the thread, but in college I had two friends that went from being 4.0 students at a very tough private engineering school in Terre Haute, to barely graduating and struggling to find jobs. They went from caring about their grades, to caring about nothing by the next high. The stopped going to class, they stopped studying, and only by luck and the persistence of their friends to help them get classes complete did they make it through school. They stole from friends to get money to buy pot. They bummed food from us because they had spent all their money on pot. They bummed rides to class because they couldn't put gas in their car because they spent all their money on pot.

The fact that they had such low GPA's upon graduation really made it hard for them to find a job in the field they studied, and probably cost them at least 50% in terms of starting salary, and probably cost them a huge amount of money throughout their careers as that starting salary typically becomes the base to build on. I have no idea what happened to them...who knows...maybe they did make a change and are doing quite well. Maybe they didn't, but were able to find another profession to help earn a living. I hope things did work out for them...they were great guys that seemed to make some not so great decisions.

Yeah, I know other things, like alcohol, girls, etc can cause similar behavior. I'm not saying pot does it to everyone, but it did it to these guys. I'll never forget watching my buddy get high after a final, and ceremonially burn a $200 textbook and all his notes from the class, only to find out a few days later that he failed the final and the class, and would have to retake it. His exact words were "I done f'd up, didn't I."

Again, that was enough for ME to realize that any drug can really affect the way a person behaves and those decisions can really cause a spiral down the tube. So, legal or not legal, I won't be doing it, and really don't care what other people do with it. I think legalizing it just opens the door for too much other fallout that is worse than whatever the claimed negatives are today for it being illegal.

I watched many guys flunk out of college over video games.

Some flunk out over alcohol and partying.

This indicates a lack of character and motivation, not a lack of laws.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    REALLY???

Drug War Clock | DrugSense
    Drug War Statistics | Marijuana Statistics | Mexico Drug War Deaths | Drug Policy Alliance

In 2013, over 600,000 people were charged with petty possession.
    We spent over $50 BILLION a year on this failed "war."

So a few idiots that don't have any self control justify spending TRILLIONS and imprisoning countless thousands (which costs MORE money AND ruins peoples lives)?

Spend the money on treatment for those who want it instead. Put the money to a GOOD use instead of the "war on drugs." All the current status quot has done is create an illicit and violent drug enterprise, cost tax payers too much money, and ruined lives.

I think legalizing it just opens the door for too much other fallout that is worse than whatever the claimed negatives are today for it being illegal.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Harsh ridicule? Acknowledging that a person follows a philosophy of statism is about as gentle as it can be put, and accurate by your own definition. Also, there is no violence being suggested from me; violence is the language of the prohibitionists. If you don't do what they think is best for your lungs, they will send masked men with guns to break down your door in the middle of the night and throw you in a cage. Now THAT is harsh. But they won't stop there, they'll take children away, take your guns away, take your ability to vote and change the system away too. You're upset at my truthful analysis, but what of the people who are actually harsh and violent?

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    If you don't do what they think is best for your lungs,

they will send masked men with guns to break down your door in the middle of the night and throw you in a cage. Now THAT is harsh. But they won't stop there,

they'll take children away,

take your guns away,

take your ability to vote and change the system

wow,
    just wow
    psyko

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Spend the money on treatment for those who want it instead. Put the money to a GOOD use instead of the "war on drugs."
    Absolutely not. That is simply 'rewarding' some dipstick for their bad personal choices.

If some person wants treatment for their drug (or other) problem, the costs of that treatment should be burdened by that person or those in their circle (family, friends, etc.) that want to help.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Absolutely not. That is simply 'rewarding' some dipstick for their bad personal choices.

If some person wants treatment for their drug (or other) problem, the costs of that treatment should be burdened by that person or those in their circle (family, friends, etc.) that want to help.

I agree, but if people insist on government intervention to solve this problem, that would be a more effective solution than locking everybody up.

Top Bottom