Why Are So Many Still Against Hemp / Marijuana ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    However, that one argument used to justify one may be similar to the other, doesn't prove anything about the similarity of consequences.

I disagree... all of the arguments against both are all about the consequences. That's what I'm asking for. What consequence would we see with drug legalization that we didn't see with alcohol legalization?

Since there are literally zero provided, I rest my case that there would be no additional consequences to draw away from all of the benefits.

I probably did. But it didn't matter so much who it was directed at. I just hate the term. I think it's horribly condescending.

Well, sometimes condescension happens. I'm guilty of it in this case, but I certainly wasn't the only one utilizing it in this thread.

I think there is room for "it depends" among a well informed populace who respects rule of law and personal freedom. I do recognize that "it depends" can be dangerous in an uninformed populace. I think IoF meshes with my philosophy 95% of the time. But I reserve the right to believe that last 5% is within the purview of the people to say, "it depends".

Fair enough, but this is where I am honestly saying that pragmatism tips the scale for me. When you give the populace that last 5%, they abuse the **** out of it until the government is... well, like it is today.

Which is why I think the more pragmatic approach is not to give them that 5%, knowing that they'll stretch it to 90%.

Hope that makes sense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The "Roseanne" star, who wants to legalize marijuana, also said the drug can release us from "mind control."

"It's a good medicine, you know," she told the Daily Beast at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City. "It's expansive. It opens your mind. You're like...Wow, you’re in awe. You look up into the stars. It makes you wonder. It doesn’t close that down"

Roseanne Barr is a believer

Well, honestly that doesn't sway the argument. I imagine that if the other side spent the time they could find an "interesting" person to represent your view. Legalization is either a better solution for society or it isn't, regardless of which nutballs or with what frequency you might find on either side. If nuttiness factored into rightness, we may lose the gun control argument.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Well, honestly that doesn't sway the argument. I imagine that if the other side spent the time they could find an "interesting" person to represent your view. Legalization is either a better solution for society or it isn't, regardless of which nutballs or with what frequency you might find on either side. If nuttiness factored into rightness, we may lose the gun control argument.

your right
    Ted Nugent I think is against legalization, and is certainly a nut

if your going to advocate a position, you better have thick skin.
    Sarcasm in many cases is just the truth taken to extremes. Laugh at it because the truth is usually somewhere in between.
    If you would read all of my posts you would see that I have stated that MJ may have benefits. But I don't advocate legalization while it is being studied. The last part of the post steveh_131 half ignored

if this is the position that steveh_131 wants to take, understand that many loonies will take the same position (Barr, Obama, etc, etc)
    I have no doubt there are nutcases on both sides. Deal with it, don't get all butthurt.

(besides, Jamil, you are the Sith Lord of sarcasm)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fair enough, but this is where I am honestly saying that pragmatism tips the scale for me. When you give the populace that last 5%, they abuse the **** out of it until the government is... well, like it is today.

Which is why I think the more pragmatic approach is not to give them that 5%, knowing that they'll stretch it to 90%.

Hope that makes sense.

We've been around and around this topic. You just can't get anywhere near where you want to be from where we are. Even if, say, some natural disaster caused this government to cease to exist, and we just had to start over, you still have to get everyone else who's left to agree to your way. It would probably be a more contentious negotiation than this thread. There are probably vastly more "it depends" kinds of people than not.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    We've been around and around this topic. You just can't get anywhere near where you want to be from where we are. Even if, say, some natural disaster caused this government to cease to exist, and we just had to start over, you still have to get everyone else who's left to agree to your way. It would probably be a more contentious negotiation than this thread. There are probably vastly more "it depends" kinds of people than not.
    got to spread some rep around before giving it to Jamil again

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Why would I be butthurt? It was your illogical argument that a 'nutcase' on your side carries some sort of significance.

I was just pointing out the stupidity of such an argument.

if your gonna read one line....

its not not worth the time
    enjoy your world
    I tried

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you guys are taking each other too seriously. I have to admit that earlier I was as well.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

You're right, and I don't expect to be able to talk many people into it. But if more people think this way and vote this way, I think our nation will be a better place.

I think you guys are taking each other too seriously. I have to admit that earlier I was as well.

Probably true. I can't tell if his recent antics are trolling or for real. I think I could have more fulfilling political discussions with my 4-year old daughter.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Should we look the other way when people say "it depends" regarding following the constitution? Give them a pat on the back when they only disregard a few choice clauses and amendments?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    thx
    27koenig_CA0-articleInline.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Should we look the other way when people say "it depends" regarding following the constitution? Give them a pat on the back when they only disregard a few choice clauses and amendments?

No. Obviously we should harshly, publicly, ridicule them just before we pour hot tar over their heads, plunge a knife into their chests, and set them on fire. Because those are the ONLY two possibilities. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom