• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjhoffman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Glock 17 was my first gun and I have loved it ever since. I have shot several other guns but when it comes down to overall use I am not sure if you can beat a glock. The glock is such light weight compared to other guns in its class and is extremely reliable and easy to use. Since it is a polymer base, my girlfriend is even able to use it whereas she cannot handle other guns because they are too heavy.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I've had many different platforms: 1911, beretta, cz,etc. but for me it's the glock feel, reliability, and ease of breakdown. My 22 was my favorite until I fired my G4 34. Now the 22 takes the backseat. As for CCW the 27 is my favorite.

JJP8153

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Marion, IN
    I am curious to hear why people like Glocks. I know that there are a lot of fans out there. I kind of feel like I need to give one a chance, but the few that I have picked up never really felt right for me.

I am curious to hear what all of the pluses are for them?

Simply, in my opinion, Glock makes one of the most reliable guns on the market today. The AK-47 of pistols, if you will. They can be used, abused, buried in the mud, left in the sand, thrown in a lake, and there is one thing you can always be certain of; when you pull the trigger, it will go boom. It's a fairly simple design with not a whole lot of moving parts. The less moving parts, the less there is to go wrong. Very easy to field strip and clean, and not much harder to tear down completely. I'll agree they may not be the most attractive guns, but hands down the are the most reliable, and unless you plan on displaying your weapon, who cares what it looks like. What matters is that round going down range.

I think a lot of people turn from Glock because there is no external safety. I admit that every time I tuck mine I fear of loosing a buttock. But I've been carrying Glocks for years, and so far so good!

I own a lot of handguns, but every time I leave the house, I carry a Glock.

d30carls

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Cicero, IN
    it comes down to all the major players today make great guns XD M&P glock its all what you choose i personally dont like the feel of the glocks but others do my gun of choice is the xd love mine dont know that i would ever buy a glock and i have even shot a few they go bang just doesnt feel good to me

GtEcH25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Bloomington
    Before I was a LEO I purchased a G27 because my brother-in-law swore by them. I carried it for awhile. Fast forward 4 years and I become a LEO. That's what my department issued and mainly because I was a poor college student and couldn't afford a 1911. I swear by Glock though. Everybody calls them ugly however I think they are a beautiful thing.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I purchased a new Glock 17 in 1988. This was my first centerfire semi-auto pistol. All centerfire purchases prior to this were revolvers. I took a big chance, buying a plastic frame gun from a new foreign manufacturer of pistols. 25 years later, I still have that Glock 17. With 40K+ rounds through the gun, it still looks just as fugly and shoots accurately just like a new pistol. I may have paid too much for this pistol when it was new ($385), but I still contend this was a good purchase decision.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I prefer Glock for a few reasons

1)Reliability
    2)ease of maintenance and cleaning
    3)near universal parts (easy to stock spares)
    4)durability (ccw all weather/environment conditions)
    5)Weight vs firepower

Fish609

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I like the "feel" of my Springfield XD better than the Glock, but after shooting at some IDPA competitions you can't go wrong with the Glock trigger.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I purchased a new Glock 17 in 1988. This was my first centerfire semi-auto pistol. All centerfire purchases prior to this were revolvers. I took a big chance, buying a plastic frame gun from a new foreign manufacturer of pistols. 25 years later, I still have that Glock 17. With 40K+ rounds through the gun, it still looks just as fugly and shoots accurately just like a new pistol. I may have paid too much for this pistol when it was new ($385), but I still contend this was a good purchase decision.

40K rounds would seem to say you are right.

TheGlockinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Torture tests

Try putting some of the other handgun options you have out there through some of the rigorous, almost inconceivable types of torture tests that Glocks have been put through and see how they hold up. Not only are they very low maintenance, cost efficient, etc, they have built their reputation as one of the most reliable service and otherwise personal defense handguns in the world. If you haven't shot one, experienced the accuracy and reliability first-hand, go buy one or get a friend who possesses one, and find out all of this for yourself. That is actually the easiest way to answer your own questions or silence your doubts, whatever the case may be.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Shoot one

Bad advice possibly. Don't take me wrong here, as I am a fan of Glocks and carry one daily but it is not because of how it shoots. If you are looking for a gun that is fantastic to shoot, try a CZ 75 or 1911. Both of those are wonderful guns to shoot. I find the trigger on Glocks to be mediocre at best. They have a good reset but the trigger feel does not hold a candle to a Hi Power, CZ, 1911 or even a Bersa. You don't buy a Glock for the joy of shooting, you buy one because the mediocre trigger is made up for in reliability and consistency and often, capacity. A Glock does it's job very well. It's a simple tool. It has simple parts made largely of pressed steel and injected polymer. It's beauty is not in a glass like break of the trigger but in how utterly reliably and simply it operates. What makes a Glock attractive is not HOW it shoots, but instead it's THAT it shoots when I pull the trigger.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Because you can't afford a 1911... yet. Besides, since you're into CC, you don't need your gun to be pretty anyway.

Top Bottom