• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Put out a line while doing some chores around the place yesterday and caught supper!
    vlcsnap-2014-07-19-16h03m36s29.png

Nice fish! Bet that was interesting on fairly light spinning gear.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I want to try night time kayak bass fishing in the next few weeks. I'm not sure I want to wait for the moon to come out at nights (mid August) or go next weekend when the moon is not out.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Great day of fishing today

Found the pattern today and stayed on them. Lipless crank bait, fishing an edge of a sandbar.
    The pics don't do them justice, I wish my son would have been closer by as I would have had him take the pic of the largest one, but settled for all selfie shots. I believe it was the largest bass I have ever caught. I need a scale bad, so I won't guess here what it was, but it was clear they were gorging themselves on baitfish, off the edge of that flat.

No picture of the one that put the hook into the palm of my hand past the barb. Had to yell for my son to come down and get the fish off the other hook on the lure, to take the weight off so I could pull it with the pliers. Interesting when you are pulling about as hard as you can and can't get the hook to come out, but finally got it out. I will be buying a pair of pliers capable of cutting hooks now and maybe looking at a glove of some sort. I've been fishing for over 35 years now and never put a hook in my hand past the barb. I figured for sure I'd be bleeding like crazy, but it wasn't so got on with more fishing :rockwoot:

Now, on with the pics:

And these are not all the same fish :-)

Updated: Got a quick tetanus shot this afternoon, just in case with that hook deep in the hand.

Last edited:

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I got a new spinning reel and got some Seaguar 8lb Invizx on it. 100% pure fluorocarbon. I'm going to wet all the knots I tie with it. I'll see how it goes and hope the knot does not break. I will probably go with the uni knot.

Archerguy1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Alexandria Indiana
    Went out last Friday , got on the water about 6 pm thought I would get into some Crappie, third cast landed this one then rest of the night nada , one small dink and nothing else, really was bad

Crappie1.jpg

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis

Don't make me jealous as I havent been able to get into trout yet as theres none anywhere close to indy besides the 2 week period at ft.ben when they are stock.

I have been having fun with these down south those on my fly rod.

20140802_160638_zpsdab30a34.jpg

My dad is the one holding that cat as I had my hands full with it as I only had 4x tippet on my 5wt.

20140723_093437_zpsa8424045.jpg

Heres normally what I have een catching most of the summer in the thousands. So far my most productive day I think was a total of 823 over 12 hours. It almost gets to the point of not being any fun and turns into a nice workout after about 700, so I have ordered a 3wt to reduce weight on the rod and make these gills really fun. I cant wait to return to indy and try out the bait that makes it possible to out fish a person using spinning rods.

Attachments

• 20140802_160638_zpsdab30a34.jpg
      20140802_160638_zpsdab30a34.jpg
      69 KB · Views: 3
    • 20140723_093437_zpsa8424045.jpg
      20140723_093437_zpsa8424045.jpg
      166.7 KB · Views: 3

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    No pics, but spent a few days of our vacation fishing in northern WI last week. My 5-year old was in heaven. Lots of blue-gills, handful of crappies, and one walleye. He couldn't set the hook to save his life, but did a darn fine job catching fish. Even reeled in a 30-inch musky to the boat, but the line broke.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This weekend was very good locally for Bass fishing. Caught several Friday evening, Saturday evening, and Sunday morning. Not all the same quality I had been catching, but numbers were there. Lipless crank baits, but most success with spinnerbaits. White/green spinner bait, but switched up to a black and green spinnerbait with gold blade on Sunday. Bass were holding very tight to cover and just destroying the spinnerbait.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I went out to silver creek in new albany yesterday to test out my new simms waders and lucked into some awesome fishing. The water was a little murky but that didnt stop me from managing to catch 3 largemouths over 15in and countless littler ones. The big surprise was the monster bluegill I pulled in that by my estimate was in the 11-16in range as it broke off when i went to grab it. I about broke my rod as I have a feeling that I just lost the state record if not a close contender for the ifga world light tackle.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wow, we don't find perch like that around here.

I never have seen a perch that big before! I have a cousin whose wife's family owns an old sand/gravel pit property. We were finally invited out to fish for the first time this past weekend...hoping we get to go back there again! We didn't expect to catch anything since it was so hot, but we ended up with 20 fish to clean and all were really nice. The blue gill were all nice too. The others that were there all were amazed at the size of the perch too...kept mumbling about how they have only seen them that big out of Lake Michigan.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wow, we don't find perch like that around here.

I never have seen a perch that big before! I have a cousin whose wife's family owns an old sand/gravel pit property. We were finally invited out to fish for the first time this past weekend...hoping we get to go back there again! We didn't expect to catch anything since it was so hot, but we ended up with 20 fish to clean and all were really nice. The blue gill were all nice too. The others that were there all were amazed at the size of the perch too...kept mumbling about how they have only seen them that big out of Lake Michigan. That is a five gallon bucket they are in so it gives you an idea of their size.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Sorry for the duplicate message. I tried to edit to add the last sentence and now it won't let me do any edits. I keep getting an error message.

Top Bottom