• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    Juat spent a couple days on lake erie, work to me and a few guys on a guided trip for walleye and perch. There was six people total and we all limited out on perch which is 180 fish. Walleye were slow Im the only one that caught one and he was 27 inches. Also caught 5 nice largemouth, about a dozen nice channels, about ten sheephead, and three big bowfin

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just got back into town this weekend and man is the fishing good around indy.

Eagle Creek

I fished from lions park down to starkey park on sunday over the course of 10 hours and found a ton of gills and largemouth. The biggest gill was in the 10in range while most were in the 5-7in range which was fine for me as I was testing me new 1wt rod that has become my new go to rod now. All fish were caught using a mini magnet 1/200oz head with a trout magnet body, I can tell you all this as they arent sold in indy and if I can create a demand, so a shop does Ill be happy.

Private pond

I decided to test out some Kerbs poppers before commiting to purchase the gigs to make them and flymasters had some tied up for dirt cheap at only 2.99 for a really nice almost indestructable popper. I tried about everything to destroy one over the course of 2 hours and was only able to make it spin lightly. Now this pond was turned on and I caught about 5-6 15+in largemouths and countless 10+in gills. They hit so hard on the popper that even the gills were almost leaping out of the water like a shark eats a seal.

Monon center

While it was hot I managed to catch atleast 70 gills out of the pond by keeping the bait in only 4in of water; this was with the same trout/mini magnet combo.

Future trips

Fall Creek- hopefully I might get to this creek either thursday, friday, or sunday

White River- Since it has been up I will have to wait till either next week or maybe sunday to fish this section.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I picked up an Old Town Vapor 10 sit inside kayak for $300 plus tax at a Dunhams. They wanted $400 for the Angler version. I figure I will put in my own flush rod holders for a lot cheaper price. Haven't tried the kayak yet. It does weigh only 48 pounds or less so it's a lot easier to carry than my 78 pound sit on top. I bought this sit inside because of its weight. I want a kayak I can carry through some weeds or up and down short trails to small ponds and hopefully fish on ponds that fewer people fish on because of the location. I'll see how I like this sit inside.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hooked up with some nice large mouths again yesterday. The temp drop and the water being up a bit (not sure how much it rained recently as I was out of town for 3 days this week) seems to have brought out the better quality fish.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I wanted to get back out in the yak this weekend, but deer scouting and persimmons got in the way.

First puddin of the season smells gooood.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I've had my new Old Town sit inside Vapor 10 kayak out three times now. First time out a few weeks ago the seat made my back sore. Last weekend I bought some thick foam pads and that helped some but still not perfect. I bought two more thin pads off ebay and tried them out today and they worked pretty good. I fished for about three hours. My back was starting to get a little sore when I headed home. Besides the seat though, I love paddling this little kayak. It seems to float across the water quicker than my Wilderness Systems Ride 115. Plus, loading and unloading is a breeze because it only weighs 48 pounds. And, I stay dry. I can step into it on the back and push myself off without getting my shoes wet if I'm careful. Now I just need to find a really good seat or better pads to put on the seat. If anybody is wanting a kayak and don't want to spend the money on a sit on top or mess with the heavy weight of most sit on tops, check out the Old Town Vapor 10. I think it's a fun little kayak except the seat needs some work.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Took the two hour drive to Cave Run Lake in Eastern Kentucky on Thursday. My best friend caught the 35" musky in the picture. I caught two bass, 15" and 14".

SDC11846.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    heading out to the honey hole with my brother this evening. Been so busy prepping for deer season, I haven't given the love to the YAK!

Hoping for some big fall feeding bass.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I haven't been pole fishing in a while now. Wanted to go thursday for my grandpas funeral since he loved fishing but i was too wore out by the time it was over. Thought it would be cool to catch a fish on his pole.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Went out for the 2nd time this year, first with Dad. nothing to write home about, but caught about 8 bass. first hour spent with a mud colored jig and no hits. Switched to a black jig and caught one on the 2nd cast. water was a bit muddy for the lighter baits. All in all, a good day when fishing with Dad.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got a few nice largemouth today. Mostly on white/silver spinner bait, couple on a rattle trap. Water was nice and green today, so changed to shad colored baits. They were just hammering the spinner bait tight on cover.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I love fishing weather changes. Last few weeks have still been pretty good as the temperatures bounced around. The boy and I went on Sunday and the wind was howling while we were out there. I caught a couple, and he managed to pull in 5. Got a couple of pics when he caught one and was fairly close to me.

Still pounding spinnerbaits of various colors very close to structure for both of us.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    my normal spot seems to be lifeless i have been out 3 times and caught nothing and a couple friends went twice and didn't catch anything:(

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    The fish are still biting despite all the deer and squirrel hunting going on. I caught this four pound bass from a farm pond yesterday.

DSC00521.jpg

All together I caught more than two dozen bass from that pond, which is hard to get to. My host has another pond that has had more fishing pressure, so I moved the four pounder and the ones in this picture to the easier pond.

DSC00524.jpg

All the bass were caught on Rapala-style minnow llures, but the bluegill were gobbling up waxworms. I kept these twelve to filet. For size perspective, they are lying on a 2x12 board. Largest were 10 inches.

SDC11929.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The fish are still biting despite all the deer and squirrel hunting going on. I caught this four pound bass from a farm pond yesterday.

DSC00521.jpg

All together I caught more than two dozen bass from that pond, which is hard to get to. My host has another pond that has had more fishing pressure, so I moved the four pounder and the ones in this picture to the easier pond.

DSC00524.jpg

All the bass were caught on Rapala-style minnow llures, but the bluegill were gobbling up waxworms. I kept these twelve to filet. For size perspective, they are lying on a 2x12 board. Largest were 10 inches.

SDC11929.jpg

Those bluegill look like dinner to me!! Need help cleaning them?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thanks for the offer, but I fileted them last night, and just finished dinner of some of the filets, plus tater wedges and mac-n-cheese.

SDC11936.jpg

Maybe I can get hubby to take me fishing later this week. I have quite a bit in the freezer but there is always room for more bluegill. He scales and I filet...works well. :cool:

Top Bottom