• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Why is it the best fishing pics are when we are young? We grow up and we get a bit stale or as I recently read, we do the typical "grip and grin" shots.

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    Here's another tip from SigFan07 - Spinnerbaits! Oh yeah! I didn't get any bites that last few days and I was getting down about it. So I decided to try a spinnerbait for the first time this year Tuesday evening. I fished for one hour and I can't believe how they were going after the little spinnerbait I had on. I caught a big bass (didn't have my scale or camera with me) but it had to weight three pounds or more. Then I caught two more. All three in under one hour. Plus I had numerous bites and one tug that was the strongest tug/tap I have felt in my two years of fishing. So now along with plastic worms and lizards I'm a spinnerbait fan. And I will admit - I have not had so many bites on worms as I did Tuesday on that spinnerbait. And I was fishing from the bank too. They were going for it from every angle I cast too - left, right and out in front of me. I had a blast for one hour!

smaller-image.jpg

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    SigFan,

I was fishing tonight a couple hours with my 6-year-old boy. All the elements were coming together but I think I wore 'em out on the worms. I only caught one that amounted to anything.

I was looking at my spinnerbaits and man, I need more in a bad way. I tried a couple and no joy, but they weren't ideal for the conditions, either. Nothing on a Hula Popper or Jitterbug.

Do you know if the bass are still in spawn or are they moving to post spawn now? The water temps seem to have thrown that off a bit. The bass I catch are big enough but sluggish. This has been improving as the water warms.

I'm calling May 26, May 27, and May 28 at dawn and dusk as being excellent for bass, other sunfish, and crappie, with the night of the 24th and morning and evening of the 25th being pretty OK.

Josh

Modhydro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    I've been getting some smaller largemouth on our pond. I got done mowing the grass the other day and threw a rubber worm a few times. Wound up getting this one at 5 1/2# which was pretty exciting on a light spinning rod. I still prefer the fly rod for bluegills and crappie though.

Spring bass 2.jpg

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    SigFan,

Do you know if the bass are still in spawn or are they moving to post spawn now? The water temps seem to have thrown that off a bit. The bass I catch are big enough but sluggish. This has been improving as the water warms.

This is only my second year of fishing so I'm not sure but I'm going to assume the bass around here are in all three stages. From what I read, all the bass don't spawn at the same time.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    This is only my second year of fishing so I'm not sure but I'm going to assume the bass around here are in all three stages. From what I read, all the bass don't spawn at the same time.

I grew up fishing. Dad gave me a rod and reel, put me in a life jacket, and sat me down on a flat rock on Little Flat Rock River. I'd catch chubs and Dad would wade for smallmouth.

That was 32+ years ago. I'm 36 and literally cannot remember my first fishing trip. I barely remember when I graduated into the Zebco 33 that was my second fishing reel. We moved to Indianapolis when I was 3, and so I was 3 at the oldest.

I have experience, I guess, but I'm just now starting to read Dad's old books and learn why fish do things.

The thing that's really frustrating me right now is the condition of the rivers; they're flooded. I want to go wading and try applying some river techniques.

I could ramble forever, I guess, so I'll stop here.

Josh

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Where's the pics mom?

No pictures since I had a meeting I had to attend and hubby got home just as I was leaving. He had a bucket full though. I know the proof is in the pictures, but I'll take them of the next batch. I think we may be going again tomorrow...Sunday for sure.

Last weekend was windy and cold and nothing was biting. Yesterday, they were hitting good!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

The fish in my local lake are on the beds as of this past weekend...for the few weeks before that we hit the classic pre-spawn feeding frenzy and were tearing them up on shad/baitfish colored spinnerbaits and rat-l-traps, and other fast moving baits. This weekend they were visibly on the beds and not biting even when slowing down with soft plastics.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    69   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Caught this dude yesterday

10378962_10203692091764238_8507055801603583064_n.jpg

kevhed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Chesterton
    I've been up for a half hour.....way too early. But I'm heading out to the creek in search of some steelhead!!! First trip of the year!

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    I went to northern Wisconsin last week. One morning we caught seven walleye 19 inches and up, ready to spawn, including this 23 inch male. We also caught six nice bass, both largemouth and smallmouth, from the same "hole" on a point. Even a batch of yellow perch, and all were caught on six pound test with ultralights.

View attachment 28980

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom