• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I got on the hard water yesterday for the first time in probably 5 years. Had some bites but didn't connect on them. Some of the guys I was with caught some. We were fishing Wampler in Greene/Sullivan. Ice was 7 inches.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I'm not sure what the deepest spot was that we fished but everyone was fishing deep. I tried to keep mine 8-24 inches off the bottom; depending on the depth of the water. Some of the guys even pulled catfish out yesterday as well using worms.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    When do we start a new thread for 2014? When we buy new licenses? I just did an inventory today of all our bug sprays, lotions and refills for Thermacells.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I take it people Ice fish merely for food? I couldnt see the survival rate of the fish being too high for catch and release....

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I wish spring would get here soon. My plastic worm collection is growing at a very high rate. I worked with a guy who said he had a suitcase full of plastic worms. I was a little skeptical at that but now believe him. Soft plastics are addicting! I've got some ten inch and fifteen inch worms to use and some Reaction Innovations 4.95" Flirt worms and Lunker City 4.5" Ribster worms. I can't wait to try my Mann's 12" inch jelly worm too. I'm not sure if Indiana bass will go after those big worms but I'll give them a try. I also bought a bag of Arkie Salty Crawlin' Fry soft plastics. These things look so good I want to eat them!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I take it people Ice fish merely for food? I couldnt see the survival rate of the fish being too high for catch and release....

I'm no expert, but I've seen crappie end up back in the lake swimming away after being in cooler ice for some time.

I'm guessing these guys didn't make it long though after being "released":
    [video=youtube_share;NF_RaMzgjdE]http://youtu.be/NF_RaMzgjdE[/video]

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    They do fine. Water is actually warmer than the air. As long as you handle it like you would in a boat and minimize stress to the fish there is no issues. If anything cold water minimizes stress compared to hot summer water temp.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    In December while shopping local, I bought $350 worth of tackle for $10. They had a bunch of stuff marked way down on a table and even though it had been picked over already, it was all quality brands I knew and some I use. I am looking at it and the sign says some price apiece or ALL OF IT for $10. I start to look at it, look at the owner and say "what the hell am I do doing" just bag it up. When I got home and went through it it was $350 retail easy. That is my best winter fishing story and only one since I no longer have ice fishing gear and wont until after I get a snowmobile.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    I'm ready to catch some crappie and will follow with bass .. i wouldn't mind getting a deal on tackle like you , thats awesome.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I fished me some Andy's out of the cabinet for a try:
    81MMjc7ePmL.jpg

20140131_172504_zps8mrwwhmu.jpg

:yesway::yesway::yesway:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I was hoping to hit the farm pond today... but my son stole my truck to go to work...

I really need to tell his recruiter to get a move on!

Top Bottom