• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I wouldn't necessarily say fear pertaining to weapon bans; but fear of what could happen in other circumstances (like a future invasion on US soil for example) will always be there with me.

I don't walk/drive around scared though. Got a S&W M&P Shield 9mm on me always with a Scoped Ruger 10/22 (with a freakin 32rd magazine btw =D) and GSG 1911-22 loaded and at the ready at home.

I will say - that in the present need that I would need more firepower than what I have, I just put a BNIB Springfield XD9 in layaway today. Like I said, my fear is different but that is why I'm buying it.

I guess my summarized answer to OP is Yes/No =D

Last edited:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I will admit to getting caught up in the gun buying craze of the 2008 election. But now Ive got everything I want that could get banned so Im not so worried about it now.

I buy bc I want it and bc I have the money at the time.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Got one or two of most things already, and enough ammo to hold off a good crowd of bad guys. I did pick up a second copy of my EDC when I saw one. I don't figure to buy anything else unless we figure out what the GF wants and it isn't something I already have. Want her to have the right one and all, now if I could just get her to stop looking at Judges.

scott5626

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    La Porte
    I started getting into guns recently cause i can't stand my neighbor...naa kidding. I just feel the need to have personal & home protection before our economy completely callapses.

Last edited:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Panic buying a stockpiling is just irritating to me. I want to buy guns and and to USE, not because I think some ban, which ain't gonna happen, is on the horizon. People just drive the price up and make it unavailable for everyone else.

If you want to buy up stuff because of bans, stick to high flow toilets.

:twocents:

As someone who firmly understands and believes in Capitalism, and in Free markets... make me stop buying things in bulk. Dare ya. ;)

:ingo:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I have said it once and I will say it again.

Obama is the best thing that has ever happened to gun owners.

Its the PERFECT excuse to tell your wife why you need another gun.

I personally hope he gets re-elected, I really could use a .458 SOCOM, a STI 2011..........

Vote for O.
    Excuse for the wife aside, he HAS certainly been one of the best things for gun shops and manufacturers. Not sure the resulting prices were the best thing for gun owners though!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Got one or two of most things already, and enough ammo to hold off a good crowd of bad guys. I did pick up a second copy of my EDC when I saw one. I don't figure to buy anything else unless we figure out what the GF wants and it isn't something I already have. Want her to have the right one and all, now if I could just get her to stop looking at Judges.
    Maybe you should get yourself a long black robe... maybe a powdered wig if she's into British Judges... you know... spice things up a little! ;):):

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    I know most of my purchases are not out of fear, but because I can. Like, I bought the AK and AR, because I can, because its a scary gun and freaks out the anti gunners. Does that count?
    +1 on this, if you remember this happen when the current turd was running in the last election and won, prices shot thur the roof, I say people buying funs that did'nt know which end the bullet came out of:xmad: those of us with common sence did'nt buy anything then, and tried to tell anyone that would listen not to. But smany including dealers bought many, hint: same dealers you see at the 1500 with high prices for the last 4 yrs. If you feel compelled to buy then for gods sake "SHOP AROUND":dunno: many good buys can be found at this forum, armslist, ar15 and so on, don't just buy the first thing you see, just my:twocents:

Top Bottom