• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So I've read several articles and hear lots of rumors, but is anyone here willing to admit they bought a gun because they are concerned about a near future ban?

The FtW. Urinal Gazette ran a story about "gun permits" being high, which doesn't play into a gun ban since this is strict a state issue...
    But, whoever said fear was rational.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I know of more then a couple people that had made sure to purchase pre ban guns as they knew it was in the works.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    From my time behind a gun counter.....

EVERYONE.

At least thats what they tell their wives.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I am afraid that if I don't buy guns now, I will likely spend the money on food or something else I can do without.

I'm getting older so the time I have with my toys is getting less and less.

Stay safe,
    Vv

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    From my time behind a gun counter.....

EVERYONE.

At least thats what they tell their wives.

LOL your right...i told my wife that but i buy them because i like to shoot. Its fun and relaxing. Am I concerned about this country....kinda. I'm concerned in the way you are concerned about what the neighbor is doing to their house. It effects me but only indirectly. I will abide by the rules as long as they don't get out of hand. When they do get out of hand that will change me into an outlaw. NOT because I changed but because they decided to change the rules from under me.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I know most of my purchases are not out of fear, but because I can. Like, I bought the AK and AR, because I can, because its a scary gun and freaks out the anti gunners. Does that count?

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    I'm not afraid of the ban as much as I was afraid of the President. I bought my first handgun in 2008. Since then I have purchased 4 more handguns and a rifle. I had already had 1 handgun, 2 rifles, and 2 shotguns. The government scares me too. I just want to be prepared.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have said it once and I will say it again.

Obama is the best thing that has ever happened to gun owners.

Its the PERFECT excuse to tell your wife why you need another gun.

I personally hope he gets re-elected, I really could use a .458 SOCOM, a STI 2011..........

Vote for O.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have said it once and I will say it again.

Obama is the best thing that has ever happened to gun owners.

Its the PERFECT excuse to tell your wife why you need another gun.

I personally hope he gets re-elected, I really could use a .458 SOCOM, a STI 2011..........

Vote for O.

Funny but true point, they said that Clinton was the best firearms salesmen before Obama came along. Wonder if they have the stats to really see which one is the best salesman. Hmmmm

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I did buy gas earlier this week for fear that if I did not, my car would not get me home. That's about as far as the panic buying has gotten for me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Panic buying a stockpiling is just irritating to me. I want to buy guns and and to USE, not because I think some ban, which ain't gonna happen, is on the horizon. People just drive the price up and make it unavailable for everyone else.

If you want to buy up stuff because of bans, stick to high flow toilets.

:twocents:

Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I am not going to lie i am buying a few extra cases of ammo (it just seems to keep going up is a big factor) and some high cap mags for the weapons i have. I my or may no pick up another ar but if i do its more of a want than a fear.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Panic buyers are the worst thing to happen to a market. It will be interesting to see how many people on here end up paying over retail from a somewhat shady shop and then trying to profit. I also laugh at those that think a Romney White House would be so much better than another 4 years of Obama. People need to actually listen to what candidates are saying and wake up.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    If and when you see a good deal, buy it. What's the problem? Business as usual, nothing to see here folks, move along.

I'm sure there will be a big panic come this Fall.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    The owner of Midwest Guns probably put his daughter through one semester of college with my fear buying the last time Obama took office. I won't be doing that again. If there's anything that the Tea Party movement taught me, it's that the will of the people can effect ANY DC politician.

Top Bottom