• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Dang homeschoolers... They probably even play that dangerous tag game.

We can't allow a large disparity in people as that might lead to the lower tier of folks to feel bad about themselves, whether that is in athletics, intellect or economics. Since not every can rise to the top, you have to drag everyone to the bottom (LCD).

Whoa, whoa, whoa.......heh, calm down here with them big words and such. Don't be talkin smart now :nono:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    what are you like 40 or something? You know that's like being like 62 in dog years I think.....7 x carry the one......brb, need calculator to make sure...

Crap....if I do it in dog years I am like....hold on, have to carry the 3 and add to the sum at the next.........:dunno:..........just a public school education.

Wife did it for me....she is smart......:):

Answer................I am long dead.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    what are you like 40 or something? You know that's like being like 62 in dog years I think.....7 x carry the one......brb, need calculator to make sure...

Crap....if I do it in dog years I am like....hold on, have to carry the 3 and add to the sum at the next.........:dunno:..........just a public school education.

Wife did it for me....she is smart......:):

Answer................I am long dead.

Using the New Math, my answer was Potato.
    Im told it doesn't matter any more as long as it 'feels right'.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    This is the result of us "pretending" that everyone is exceptional rather than celebrating and challenging those who really are.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Using the New Math, my answer was Potato.
    Im told it doesn't matter any more as long as it 'feels right'.

Potato is an acceptable answer. You get an A :yesway: just like everybody else who tried

cb17c8c7f6786a6b6bcaf0dbd0c4a5ed_zps75ebccf6.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To ever see 40 again....Nah, ain't happening. Not sure I would survive that. My mid life issues started around mid-40's. Just barely made it out alive.....:):

My math answer is Tomato.....not sure what you guys are using as a base line.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Really, an 88. Things must have gone down hill then. I was public school educated +20 years ago and my asvab was mid nineties.

I'ts been 43 years, but if I recall correctly, my ASVAB was in the high 120s and my buddy, with whom I enlisted, had a 135. Or it might have been the other way around. But I've been convinced that public education has been deteriorating since the 40s anyway.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    That could be true, however I never heard anyone refer to anything other than the General Technical (GT) in nearly 14 years of service, I never knew there was a 'consolidated' measurement. My GT was 121, which I was told was moderately above average. Most people I knew had scored 110 or above. Like I said, perhaps the ASVAB has been modified, I'm not discounting that possibility.

When I took my ASVAB (1994), there were 4 areas of aptitude measured, each on a 100 pt scale.

My LOWEST was 96. I wouldn't trust a score of <80 to mow my grass. If *I* can score really well on it, the test is worthless-- jmo.

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    HSLDA | Homeschooling Too Effective?

TL;DR version: Mass tries to hold back educational success. "You aren't allowed to reach a higher bar than the state of Massachusetts has set for the children in its state schools. Doing so makes us look bad."

Yes, because a website that is for the advocation of homeschooling would have absolutely no bias. There's no information from the school's perspective...it's just a circlejerk "hurr durr this family's child is supposedly ready for 3rd grade education and we think that totally validates that HOME SCHOOLING ROCKS DUDES!".

Let's see how this all plays out when we get both sides of the story. My guess is if HSLDA loses they'll either post some "DEY TRAMPLING RIGHTS" headliner or they'll quietly sweep it under the rug. For all we know it's simply a matter of a test and same paperwork (which is how public schools do it nowadays) to do the grade skip and the process wasn't followed. Unless we're all OK with parents just randomly going "I'm making my 2 year old a senior in high school, because she's SOOO smart", right?

TL;DR: Biased website is biased, no real information given, bull**** headliners are bull****. You get an A for effort. Here's a sticker :thumbsup:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Yes, because a website that is for the advocation of homeschooling would have absolutely no bias. There's no information from the school's perspective...it's just a circlejerk "hurr durr this family's child is supposedly ready for 3rd grade education and we think that totally validates that HOME SCHOOLING ROCKS DUDES!".

Let's see how this all plays out when we get both sides of the story. My guess is if HSLDA loses they'll either post some "DEY TRAMPLING RIGHTS" headliner or they'll quietly sweep it under the rug. For all we know it's simply a matter of a test and same paperwork (which is how public schools do it nowadays) to do the grade skip and the process wasn't followed. Unless we're all OK with parents just randomly going "I'm making my 2 year old a senior in high school, because she's SOOO smart", right?

TL;DR: Biased website is biased, no real information given, bull**** headliners are bull****. You get an A for effort. Here's a sticker :thumbsup:

I'm ok with it. What business is it of yours how other parents children are educated? All children are home schooled. Sometimes the home school is primary and the only source of education. Sometimes the home school is the primary and the public education is supplementary learning. Sometimes the public education is the primary and the home school is the supplemental learning. In all cases, it's none of your business.

It is quite possible that a test or form was not completed or not completed properly. This is why the family contacted this organization, to fight it through legal channels. What does that have to do with the parents feeling that their child would be better served learning at a third grade level? Don't you think these parents would know better what's best for their child?

Top Bottom