• ...and so much more!
  • Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Said she, without proof or any academic studies. Or do you have a Youtube video with some guy that has an American flag behind him, a can of Budweiser, and an AR-15 coddled in his arms like a small child, with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and a some tin foil in the corner?

You just can't seem to show any proof of any of your claims, despite my calling you out for it. You just ignore me, because you DON'T have it, because you're spewing lies. Plain and simple. It's a free country, I guess, but people like you certainly don't make Americans look good.

You are ignored just because you are you! It's that simple and proof abounds all around you you just haven't been able to open your eyes and recognize truth!

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    He would be easier to ignore if you folks would stop quoting him. Just sayin' ;) :):

How true, but sometimes ignoring him is like owning only 1 gun. It can't be done.
    OK I'm back in my ignoring him mode, thanks for the reality check!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Because there was a claim made that a) this case had gone to court, b) was not yet resolved, and, among other issues, c) involved a home visit, I decided to seek clarification from HSLDA about the status of this case.

Their response, in its entirety, is below:

Dear Mrs. 88GT,

Thank you for your email! The situation in the article you referred to did not go to court but rather HSLDA corresponded with the school district to work with in resolving the matter. In Massachusetts, rather than having a specific homeschool statute, the homeschool law largely comes from the two cases mentioned, Charles and Brunelle. These two cases are already ruled upon and form the foundation of the Massachusetts legal requirements for homeschooling.
    The issue in this particular situation was not of a home visit, although HSLDA has been involved in many other scenarios where a home visit is the issue. Since HSLDA sent the school district the letter, the family has not received any continuing demands from the school district that we have been made aware of.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

Gregory Escobar
    Legal Assistant to Michael P. Donnelly, Esq.

Home School Legal Defense Association
    Post Office Box 3000
    Purcellville, VA 20134-9000
    Phone: (540) 338-5600
    Fax: (540) 338-1952

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because there was a claim made that a) this case had gone to court, b) was not yet resolved, and, among other issues, c) involved a home visit, I decided to seek clarification from HSLDA about the status of this case.

Their response, in its entirety, is below:
    Yeah but at this point isn't it like standing over a corpse saying neener neener? Not that tthe closure isn't worth it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Just offering full disclosure and transparency. I emailed HSLDA on 10/10. I received the response today. :dunno: I would have posted it sooner if I could have.

Top Bottom