• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    There were some posts which led me to a lengthy post exploring human thought and behavior. I then considered that lately a person seems to be able to manage getting banned for wearing the wrong color of socks and deleted it.

This should be sufficient evidence for a banning :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Both the right and the left are trying to impose their version of fantasy land. Neither vision has even the slightest connection to reality as we all know it.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    IIII fffffaaaaaart in your general diiirection!!!!

I win

IMG_20130906_165036.jpg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Okay, so I was right. Snarking about someone else's beliefs. Of course, it was the wrong thread, but....

A lot of people take religion far more seriously than politics and get far more self righteous and angry over slights.
    Iknowright? I mean, eternal salvation/damnation vs 70-some years of the way humans govern. Clearly the latter is far more important.

It really wasn't any worse. People just got more butthurt about it.

The bans are getting pretty out of control lately.
    It's the knee-jerk reaction to the claim that enforcement has been inconsistent. I knew this would happen when the bans got handed out by people mentioning the religious beliefs that motivate violence that started this whole ban-fest. You can't enforce a zero-tolerance policy with any kind of logic.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I came here wondering to learn why we banned the World Health Organization. Then I'm relieved to see it wasn't them.
    No, we did ban them. We have just moved on to others. Don't worry though, we are still split on the CDC.

Who's Next...

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's the knee-jerk reaction to the claim that enforcement has been inconsistent. I knew this would happen when the bans got handed out by people mentioning the religious beliefs that motivate violence that started this whole ban-fest. You can't enforce a zero-tolerance policy with any kind of logic.

Ok, please enlighten us 88GT...what is the correct way to enforce INGO's rules?

We have two tools at our disposal, infractions and bans...and users routinely ignore infractions.

You have a snide comment for the staff any time we intervene on the forum. Would you care to add something valuable, or just gripe?

Like it or not, religion is off the table here. As a moderator, how would you handle this?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    How's about...."Forum .. General Interest .. Break Room .. Bash Religion .. Private Thread sign in by Mod only"
    That way we can have Holy Wars for those that deem it necessary to let the insanity loose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom