• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That thread resulted in the temp bans of two active, well-spoken members. I happen to like both of them, and the points-of-view that they bring to our forum. I hope they both return when their respective bans expire.

Please understand that this is nothing personal. I genuinely like you guys. Several of you. Mostly.

Religion. Insults. Asshattery of epic craftsmanship. These things will get us banned. Please, you must understand.

Please.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    dead-duck.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That thread resulted in the temp bans of two active, well-spoken members. I happen to like both of them, and the points-of-view that they bring to our forum. I hope they both return when their respective bans expire.

Please understand that this is nothing personal. I genuinely like you guys. Several of you. Mostly.

Religion. Insults. Asshattery of epic craftsmanship. These things will get us banned. Please, you must understand.

Please.

I just hope this religion/insult reporting doesn't turn into some sort of tit-for-tat vendetta sort of thing.

I wasn't around in the early days. But from some of the vile things I see get posted in the political sub forum sometimes, I can't imagine the discussions around religion could have been that much worse.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just hope this religion/insult reporting doesn't turn into some sort of tit-for-tat vendetta sort of thing.

I wasn't around in the early days. But from some of the vile things I see get posted in the political sub forum sometimes, I can't imagine the discussions around religion could have been that much worse.

I think if people didn't care what other people believe and only focused the discussion more on what people do religion wouldn't need to be a forbidden topic.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

A lot of people take religion far more seriously than politics and get far more self righteous and angry over slights.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A lot of people take religion far more seriously than politics and get far more self righteous and angry over slights.

True, though in my mind self-righteousness doesn't make much sense. I think Homer Simpson said it best: "talk about a preachy book. Everybody's a sinner......except for this guy."

....sense of humor, people.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    True, though in my mind self-righteousness doesn't make much sense. I think Homer Simpson said it best: "talk about a preachy book. Everybody's a sinner......except for this guy."

....sense of humor, people.
    But this is the internet...it's serious business.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

It really wasn't any worse. People just got more butthurt about it.

The bans are getting pretty out of control lately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom