• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Posting about religion will get you banned from INGO. Period.

Ignoring (or arguing with) a moderator's warning will also get you banned from INGO. Period.

Here's a really simple procedure to follow if you want to avoid the Banhammer:
    1) Don't post anything religious in nature to INGO.
    2) See step 1.

I have issued enough warnings about religion to people with post counts in the thousands to see that this isn't ignorance of the rules, these are intentional violations of the rules. The FIVE rules we have here.

So, in short...no more warnings, no wiggle room, no "benefit of the doubt". Post religious content of any type to INGO and risk being banned...without additional warning, even for your "first offense".

We are not kidding about this.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    "So-n-so" ... banned? Let me put on my surprised face. Tried having a decent conversation with the guy a while back and the strawman arguments with the name calling ensued. Tried telling me all about my job and how I didn't know how to do it. I think he was in a rage. Impossible to discuss a subject with someone so closed minded that the remotest possibility they could be wrong doesn't even enter their mind. Opinionated? ... you betcha. It's best to leave a thread like that before you get sucked into the vortex of a one man ego.

So how are you at your job? :):

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It's called "trolling". There are people who, for whatever reason, whether it's a perceived injustice, feeling of inadequacy, character flaw, whatever, have some psychological need or derive some weird satisfaction from stirring up a nice poop soup. They typically find a largely inoffensive thread, work their way in, then pick at people just to annoy them. There's no possibility of conversation or reasoning with one; he'll take an adversarial stance no matter what you say. You may see the phrase "don't feed the troll" on some fora, meaning "dude, it's a troll, walk away". Occasionally it's worth humiliating the troll for the edification of the drive-bys, but mostly, for best results just put him on ignore. Think SnS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom