Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would have guessed the sam thread would have been a likely thread to turn into ban fodder.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not sure what to think. It seems to be an increasingly common occurrence to see someone reclassified 'shooter' and then check his recent posts and find nothing other than perfectly benign posts. It also seems that someone is getting a lot more narrow in interpretation of rules. It would be nice to at least have some understanding of the standard being applied other than the boilerplate response that if you confine yourself to discussing your favorite solvent you need not worry.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not sure what to think. It seems to be an increasingly common occurrence to see someone reclassified 'shooter' and then check his recent posts and find nothing other than perfectly benign posts. It also seems that someone is getting a lot more narrow in interpretation of rules. It would be nice to at least have some understanding of the standard being applied other than the boilerplate response that if you confine yourself to discussing your favorite solvent you need not worry.

Of course if the offending posts were "sanitized"....

:tinfoil:

:mods:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It'll be interesting to see whether they allow BilT back, being his second time hammered.
    Does anyone know if it was the Micheal Sam thread posting that got him banned?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It'll be interesting to see whether they allow BilT back, being his second time hammered.
    Does anyone know if it was the Micheal Sam thread posting that got him banned?

I made 1 post in there and it started going south after that. Not from my post of course but just the normal :poop: from the usual suspects. I lost interest in it. Guy is a football player. Who gives :twocents: if he is gay.
    Billt has some strong opinions.

Well.....had some strong opinions.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I made 1 post in there and it started going south...
    Billt has some strong opinions.

Well.....had some strong opinions.

Ah, so it's your fault? :):

Seriously, we all have strong opinions. It's how we express them that makes the difference.
    I think too often some of us loose track that our posts are read by everyone, everywhere. Opinions of us (Indiana gun owners,) are formed from not only our members, but folks we may never know.

Forget potential new INGO members shying away, gun owners and Hoosiers overall are harmed by posters giving the impression of intolerance, racism or even simply a continual harsh attitude toward others and our own.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Seriously, we all have strong opinions. It's how we express them that makes the difference.
    To some extent, I would agree. But we are allowed to express PC opinions as strongly as we want. Some opinions you simply can't state here no matter how carefully you do so.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    To some extent, I would agree. But we are allowed to express PC opinions as strongly as we want. Some opinions you simply can't state here no matter how carefully you do so.
    Actually, I've found that it is possible to state non-PC opinions in very subtle ways.

Unfortunately, it usually ends up being so subtle that no one realizes it is non-PC. [shrug]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Actually, I've found that it is possible to state non-PC opinions in very subtle ways.

Unfortunately, it usually ends up being so subtle that no one realizes it is non-PC. [shrug]

I see all the angles when folks post in a casual and understanding manner. The issues come when barney brainstorm runs amok with the opinions we put in these posts.
    There are a few :poop: stirrers among us. One liners and sound bite posters. These few incite riot and mayhem usually sending threads to the toilet.
    Can not say I am totally innocent of this but these folks I mention live for it.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    There are a few members that are very good at stating their opinions. Usually it's better when you have facts to back up your opinions and thoughts. But there are a few who just want to be right, and don't like difference of opinions. I love a good conversation. Whether I'm right or wrong I love hearing what other people believe. I enjoy watching people like 88GT or Chez give their opinions cause most times it's backed up by facts. Always hard to aurgue with facts. You can't just be the loudest guy in the room and think that makes you right. . . I must sit down now. Longest conversation I've had where I haven't mentioned midgets. I feel weak!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are a few members that are very good at stating their opinions. Usually it's better when you have facts to back up your opinions and thoughts. But there are a few who just want to be right, and don't like difference of opinions. I love a good conversation. Whether I'm right or wrong I love hearing what other people believe. I enjoy watching people like 88GT or Chez give their opinions cause most times it's backed up by facts. Always hard to aurgue with facts. You can't just be the loudest guy in the room and think that makes you right. . . I must sit down now. Longest conversation I've had where I haven't mentioned midgets. I feel weak!

Deep breath.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

But you did...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Some opinions you simply can't state here no matter how carefully you do so.
    I think that's the way it should be. Actually, I think the management should be a bit more pointed with their closing and removal of threads. Our site is mission and area specific. What get's posted here reflects on Indiana and gun owners whether posters like it or not.

There are other sites on the web where controversial subjects can be discussed. We don't have to talk about religion, race or sexual orientation on this site and we shouldn't. :twocents:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom