• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    I was just curious how many other gun-toting archers are members here? Target and or Hunting? Where do you shoot? What are you shooting?

I love to let the arrows fly at the target, but I do hunt with my PSE Nova V4 whenever I can. I normally shoot at my parents’ farm. My bow is set up with a TM Hunter rest, wrist sling release, release loop, and I am pulling 70 lbs. I am shooting good old Easton Aluminum arrows with a FOC of 10%.

P1180003.jpg

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Bow-Tech Commander, with a sword sight. I have shot indoor winter league in Renssalaer, but didn't shoot this year. Bow hunt too, all with the same bow.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I shoot recurve and long bow. mostly Fred Bear bows{grizzly,super mag,super kodiak mag and montana long bow} I hunt with a Black Widow SAG recurve. I shoot 31" cedar shafts for targets and hunt with Easton axis carbons from the SAG.
    Im getting ready to get a bow with training wheels:D
    Im buying a Quest G5 smoke.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Martin MOAB, 60#. I hunt & shoot 3D at a few places. I'm the Secretary of the Morgantown Conservation Club.
    08MOAB-1.jpg

Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    I play with a Bear recurve, but hunt with my Mathews. It's an LX, older model, but the deer in my freezer (3 bow kills this year) don't know it's not as deadly as the new bows. Trophy Ridge drop away and 5 pin fiber optic with a peep. Pulling about 70# I believe.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I shoot a Mathews DXT, and I shoot 3D at Sugar Ridge, Beaver, Patoka, Washington CC, and a couple places in Il. and my back yard. I also shoot indoors at Hunters Choice in Vincennes. I bowhunt Knox, Gibson, and Daviess counties.
    I shoot a bow way more than a gun.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I just got started in the world of archery.(I guess I thought i had too much money, needed another expensive hobby) bought a used bow from a fellow ingoer and I love it. i shoot it about every other day. I can't wait to start hunting in october instead of nov.:rockwoot:

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    This will be my third year bow hunting. I am actually looking forward to only bow hunting this year. I got my trophy buck this past year with a muzzleloader and have killed deer with a shotgun.

But I have yet to get a dear within good bow range at the proper angle. I have drawn down on one before and the rush and feeling of that was awesome. I just don't get that feeling with a gun.

I just picked up a new Bear Strike I will be dropping off at the Outdoorman to get setup. Going with the NAP apache arrow rest based off the reviews from Archerytalk and the Outdoorsman guys.

crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    browning vanguard with a whisker biscuit arrow rest not real sure the brand of the sight. I use beeman ICS hunter 400 arrows with muzzy 100 grain broad heads. I had a browning afterburner and the limbs busted when I was pulling it back. It was out of warranty but browning was nice enough it replace it with the vanguard for free. I mainly just deer hunt and shoot in my back yard to practice. made my first bow kill when I was 15 years old using a black bear I think it only pulled 45 lbs maxed out.

jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    Bear Done Deal, shoot on my friends farm most of the time, have owned the bow for three years it has served me well.

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Mathews Switchback LD. I Bought a Wicked Ridge Invader crossbow this fall. I shoot both in my back yard when I feel like flinging some arrows

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I haven't been to a 3D shoot in probably 10 years. Used to shoot at Willow Point in Linton back when it was open but never on league.

hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Hoyt Maxxis 31" I hunt and shoot 3d with the setup I have. Armourtech Excel 7 pin sight, Trophy ridge FC Trophy Taker, Scott Wildcat release, Easton Axis arrows for hunting, Linejammers for 3d, and 100 gr muzzys!!

glouck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Goshen
    Bought an older PSE bow from a friend during archery season, but decided to practice with it and wait til next Fall, look out bambi!!!!!!

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    That is quite a nice group you have there Tryin'. It's nice to see a good spread of people shooting both new and older equipment. I have been wanting to find a nice recurve and start shooting by feel.

Top Bottom