• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Anyone recommend a good OC holster for a lefty? I would possibly like a holster with a spare mag pouch so I can carry an extra mag on me as well.

Kydex (or leather if you prefer) and a separate mag carrier.

Do NOT get a cheap nylon combo holster... :bat:

;)

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Do NOT get a cheap nylon combo holster... :bat:

;)

DANG IT ATM!!! :( Are you trying to tell me I shouldn't buy the nylon "one holster fits all combo" from Walmart?!?!? The guy behind the counter said it's the best holster on the market. The good people of Walmart don't lie! :(

I guess some of that above should have been purple...oh well... :D

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I was going to say the same as ATM...

Anyway... Good choice on carry weapon! I carry a PT92 and love it. I also use a Raven holster but IMO it looks cool and holds really close but it isn't really comfortable.

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    Im 23, have been carrying since I was 18. Serve as an mp in the national guard, usually its on me from the time I wake til I go to sleep, then it sits in my safe in reach. Shotgun on the wifes side and if all hell broke lose I guess I could get out the knife collection or HI power fun.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Thanks for all the info everyone! Makes me feel a lot better about OC'ing! :ingo:

I've decided I would rather carry my 96FS over my 1911. Anyone recommend a good OC holster for a lefty? I would possibly like a holster with a spare mag pouch so I can carry an extra mag on me as well. I'll feel a lot better carrying .40 S&W over "wussy" .380. ;) Bring on the ol' "small in the pants" jokes! :rolleyes::D

I would recommend any sort of retention holster if you haven't had any solid retention or FoF training......I prefer Safariland...they're not cheap but you can get really good deals on Ebay for safarilands

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    In this day and age, I don't think it's as much of a concern about age when you OC as much as it is presenting yourself and not looking like a slob.

People are more likely to take you seriously when you present yourself respectfully.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I've open carried since they day I got my LTCH. The only grief I've ever recieved for it is by my very own family. *sigh* No one else notices, or at least cares.

I think alot of it depends on how you look though, as well. Profiling is a very real, annoying, and serious issue. So if you're Black, Hispanic, or Arabic, or you have a rough or disheveled look, you can expect more scrutiny, no matter how you carry.

I'm 24 now, and have been carrying for a little while. But at the same time, I'm usually in a dress shirt, even if I'm wearing jeans, and I'm fairly clean cut on my best days. The only remarks I've ever gotten about it are how I "look like a cop".

My family on the other hand has mentioned everything from telling me I look like I'm trying to be a cowboy, to my Grandma telling me it's not legal no matter what the law says and that I'm going to jail, all the way up to my dad even refusing to get in the same vehicle as I'm in if I'm carrying, for fear that we'll both be shot on sight by the police. (I really wish I was kidding. :( )

Edit: Btw guys, don't forget to join this group. :P INGunOwners - Young Guns Group

This has pretty much been my experience to. After awhile though my family leaves me alone cause it is what it is.
    Cracking up about your grandma. funny stuff.
    Cowboy? Half the time I'm wearing cowboy boots, hat, and big old belt buckle. Having a gun just completes the "look" Drive a big old f350 to.
    Any who..... Know where you are, know the laws, and carry on with life.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Carrying since I could and Im now 27...I think...Grow a beard if you can...it helps.
    The only grief it has ever caused me was from my wife...she thinks Im trying to "stir the pot" by OC'ing.

God bless
    -Shred

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Had a LEO notice my OC today while paying for gas in Jonesboro. He asked me where I got my 1911 grips cause he liked them a lot.
    :dunno:
    I'm really starting to believe OC hassle is just a myth.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Had a LEO notice my OC today while paying for gas in Jonesboro. He asked me where I got my 1911 grips cause he liked them a lot.
    :dunno:

TRUST ME....it's certainly NOT a myth...lol.....perhaps this should have been in purple......you just happened to get lucky enough to have ran into a friendly probably more experienced officer or a rookie perhaps

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

:rolleyes:

Yeah we like to make stuff up because we are such attention whores. Isn't that why we OC in the first place??? :dunno: :n00b:

Seriously though I hope you were joking. I think what it is is that people on INGO that don't get out of rural Indiana much watch Youtube videos from California and other places where normal LEGAL citizens are hassled on video for OCing. Even some of the stories from the bigger Hoosier cities seem far fetched to you but I can assure you that discrimination against OCers is VERY real in Indiana.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I'm 22, been OC'ing for a little over a year now, whenever I can. I haven't ever had a problem with it. No one has ever said anything nasty to me or tried to kick me out of anywhere....one old lady gave me dirty looks at a Chinese buffet once; but then again, maybe she was just one of those old bitter people...

Shive.Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Greenwood/Whiteland
    i'm 24 and have been carrying for 3 years now. OC for almost half of it, CC for the other half. i CC my glock 19 on days where CC is needed, which is very few, and OC my RIA 1911 the rest of the time.

on a side note, i didn't get my 1911 until about 8-9 months ago, which i have always OC'ed with. i sold my bersa .380 which i OC'ed with around that same time.

Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    I only oc The way I was raised only the criminals hide there guns and the police and military proudly carried their weapons anyways.........I live off washington and post east side ghetto literly hookers on the streets every night .......but i get hasseld all the time I'm young looking and Hispanic it's a double whammy they see Me with a gun. Bam they start askin ? Lol well not as much anymore since Iv met alot of them but it's no big deal they ask for your permit run the numbers to the gun and then they give it back:-) awsome feeling for a cop to hand you a gun:-) and live ammo back:-) hahahaha

Thats a great reason. I grew up on the east side and know what its like.

Top Bottom