• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I OCed back when I was young and dumb. ;)

Of course, I still prefer OC now that I am old and wise. :oldwise:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaw!

:cowbell:

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I'm 23 and I open carry a full size xd.40 but they ended today because I bought a lc9 to carry inside my waistband. I hated the attention and the weird looks and questions I got about open carrying

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I'm 23 and I open carry a full size xd.40 but they ended today because I bought a lc9 to carry inside my waistband. I hated the attention and the weird looks and questions I got about open carrying

Where you from? What kind of problems did you have?

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Perhaps you should look at it the other way. Maybe you should feel greatful for the chance to educate the uneducated, the occasional looks of respect, and the fact that everyone who notices it knows without a doubt that you're not an easy target. ;)

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Perhaps you should look at it the other way. Maybe you should feel greatful for the chance to educate the uneducated, the occasional looks of respect, and the fact that everyone who notices it knows without a doubt that you're not an easy target. ;)

That is true I guess lol I'm just not a fan of every looking at me. The only thing that people have asked me when I have openly carryied is why I carry period, and one guy said it was because of the video games lol but I have got a few old guys congratulate me for carrying. Also I'm located in southern Indiana around Jeffersonville

Preacher715

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    French Lick, IN
    I'm 28 now... I use to CC, but I OC 99% of the time now. Where I use to live... the community and LEO's freaked out more if i was CC'ing and they spot the bulge or the grip when going for my pockets... I guess they figure I'm trying to hide something I'm not suppose to have...?!?!?! So, now I OC and have no issue at all. I get young people 20yrs and younger ask why i carry a gun and etc... and i give them a nice education in our rights as American's... They walk away educated and with a new look on folks that carry firearms...

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    For the longest time, I CC'd and tried to keep it discrete, but as I've learned and get older,
    The general populous (at least around central Indiana) understands that a man carrying an openly exposed firearm on his hip.......

.....has nothing to hide; Therefore, no threat. Not to confuse that with our liberal friends that disagree, but again - I have nothing to hide.

jwhites4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm 24 and CC when at work and school, but when not at either of those places I OC. I make sure to wear a polo or button down shirt just to not look like a slob. I try to be very polite to everyone I encounter and if I see a LEO or armed security I make sure to make eye contact and give them a nod. I have yet to have a bad encounter with the LEOs where i recently moved. The way I see it, I spent $1000 on a gun, it would be a shame to not let anyone but me see it. haha

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    I'm new to INGO and the forums, but I'm glad ya'll are an active bunch on here. I'm 20 now and it looks like I'll be OC'ing when I can now. Ya'll are great for info, it's great to hear personal stories from other Hoosiers.

Glock22-27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    22 and have only OC'd so far. Prolly gonna stay like that for a while until summer and I get my white hat IWB holster in the mail.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm 25 now, 26 in less than two weeks...I started to open carried my ruger p345 when was 22 or 23, never had any problems.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I realize I am posting this 10 years too late but, I am glad to see all you "youngsters" exercising your rights! I have always liked firearms just never thought much about carrying, now I do it all the time.

Keep up the good work, dang kids!

Roichlem

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Columbus
    Im 21 and I just got my LTCH less than a week ago. I own two handguns, a walther PPK for CC and a Taurus PT1911 for OC. I thought i would have liked to CC but after carrying my 1911 OC i think that's what i will stick with. I also feel that i can aim better with a full frame handgun as it fits my meet hooks better than the small PPK. so far Ive OC'd a few places here in columbus- kroger, gas stations, liqueur store, Movie store (family vid.). no one has said anything or made a scene but the beer store lady was eyeing my quite suspiciously :]

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    anyone under 25 already gets harrassed enough by police and older folks..oc'ing would just accentuate it

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Im 21 and I just got my LTCH less than a week ago. I own two handguns, a walther PPK for CC and a Taurus PT1911 for OC. I thought i would have liked to CC but after carrying my 1911 OC i think that's what i will stick with. I also feel that i can aim better with a full frame handgun as it fits my meet hooks better than the small PPK. so far Ive OC'd a few places here in columbus- kroger, gas stations, liqueur store, Movie store (family vid.). no one has said anything or made a scene but the beer store lady was eyeing my quite suspiciously :]

I never had any problems at all in Columbus

Roichlem

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Columbus
    That is great to hear, Caleb. My father has had his LTCH longer than ive been alive and to my knowledge he has never had any problems carrying.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom