Photo411.jpg
    :laugh:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    LOL

...well the paddles bumped together thats why they are spaced out that far (the photo is also backwards, Im a righty)

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    I'll be turning 21 in May, and I look 15 when I shave, and I OC whenever I don't need a coat. I've only been stopped twice. I don't see it as a negative or a positive thing, but I prefer to keep it open. As long as I keep myself aware of everyone around me, I don't see any issues.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Age isn't the issue now a days, folks. It's the way you present yourself.

If you're going to openly carry a firearm, don't do it with skinny jeans, golf-ball sized holes in your ears and a shirt with rude derogatory.
    - And if you do; don't be alarmed when you get concerned or negative looks.
    I'm certainly not saying you need to suit up; I'm just saying... part of your aura you feed off to people around you is majority-based on physical appearance.

BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    I agree. I did just add some info though on where I'm located which would probably draw more attention. But I suppose I could just CC my Bersa when I'm on / around campus and OC everywhere else with a larger gun. :dunno:

You can carry on campus? Are you referring to school? Its immediate expulsion to carry a weapon at my college even if its in the car (its always in the car tho, sorry).

Thanks for all the info everyone! Makes me feel a lot better about OC'ing! :ingo:

I've decided I would rather carry my 96FS over my 1911. Anyone recommend a good OC holster for a lefty? I would possibly like a holster with a spare mag pouch so I can carry an extra mag on me as well. I'll feel a lot better carrying .40 S&W over "wussy" .380. ;) Bring on the ol' "small in the pants" jokes! :rolleyes::D

I am 25 and I choose to just CC out of respect of friends and family, I am around a lot kids and just hate the question "what is that"... "its my gun sweetheart", "why do you have a gun".... and so forth.

I guess its all up to the carrier. Always have your LTCH on hand though, cause you are gonna catch grief sooner or later..

I also like having the upper hand of no one knowing I have a gun on me. The thought of someone pulling it from my holster and hurting someone has always been in the back of my head..

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I guess its all up to the carrier. Always have your LTCH on hand though, cause you are gonna catch grief sooner or later..

I also like having the upper hand of no one knowing I have a gun on me. The thought of someone pulling it from my holster and hurting someone has always been in the back of my head..

I have all due respect for your method of carry... but I have to ask...

If that's your biggest life-threatening concern for Open Carrying - Why not get a good retention holster?
    Chances are if someone is stupid enough to attempt to rip a gun off your hip, they're too stupid to know HOW to do so.

I'm not here to convince, though. You're an adult and your decisions you make should be based solely off of what's comfortable for you.
    If you have no situational awareness and alert to comfortably open carry - then CC. Or whatever cup of tea you sip. :yesway:

This is completely relevant to OC and OC only. No reason to deter this into an OC vs CC argument, just FYI. There are already threads that pertain to that.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Hello! I've been recently toying around with the thought of carrying one of my larger "full size" handguns. Up until now I've always CC'd my Bersa .380 which has been VERY easy to CC. My other carry options are a full size SA 1911 or a Beretta 96FS. Both of which would be considerably more difficult to CC IMHO. My question is, who on here OC's and is under 25? I ask this because I feel I'm going to have a lot more attention drawn to me by being a 23 year old who OC's. I know I'm not doing anything wrong, but I feel people would be more likely to sick Johnny Law on me or complain to a manager about me OC'ing rather than someone older who isn't a "kid" in their eyes. Anyone have any experience with this? Am I just over thinking things and should "man up ;)" and start OC'ing? What do you all think?

Thanks!
    John

*EDIT* - Just to add a little more info, I live right next to a fairly large college, so I'm sure I'd be drawing a lot of extra unwanted attention. I am in no way affiliated with this campus though so they could not take any other action against me other than asking me to leave campus property.

actually they COULD take farther action against you, if you are carrying a firearm on campus property you are committing a felony and the guys with those pretty red and blue lights on their cars can and will haul you away.....if they don't shoot you first

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you choose to CC you don't have to worry about any of the hassles of OC. You can just go about your day with one less thing to worry about. But either way CARRY!!

I choose to OC and still don't worry about any hassles. :dunno:

Then again, I sometimes walk outside without worrying about being struck by lightning as well. Maybe that's odd.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom