Who knows about the fact that you carry a gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I do not keep it a secret that I carry a gun. Nor do I advertise the fact. I do not have any problems telling people that I carry a firearm if the topic comes up and they ask. As an advocate for the carrying of defensive firearms, I feel that I am helping people that have questions about guns or gun ownership. The main thing is to respect other peoples opinions, obey the laws, and respect the policies of employers and property owners.

I agree 100% with you. :yesway:
    As a gun owner, especially while carrying you are an embassador for all guns owners.And when you let someone know that you are carrying in a polite maner and answer their questions and educate them about the subject and show them that you not act like a cowboy because you have a gun on you then I think its a good thing.
    You may help people change their mind about gun ownership.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Everybody!!! :D

attachment.php

Mrs. Tarantino: Are you the police?
    Elwood: No, ma'am. We're musicians.

Sorry, sometimes I just go a bit over-board! ;)

My friends do. Band members ...the drummer also carries (sort of inspired the whole Blues Brothers theme!)

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    all of my friends that I regularly hangout with know that I carry. They automatically assume that if Im there, I have a gun on me. Although, the other day I was running late and forgot to grab one of my glocks on the way out, and my best friend couldnt believe I didnt have a gun with me. I do OC most of the time though, so I guess that makes it easier for them to know I have a gun on me lol

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Most people know I carry, few know WHEN I carry. I frequently open carry but not always. I guess when some people don't see it at my side they probably think I don't have it. What they don't realize is that I never have just one:)

Thanks for your answer.
    I always wondered about people like you who both CC and OC and carry more than one gun.
    We often have debates CC vs OC but I guess some people do both at the same time.
    Do you ever carry one openly and one concealed? :dunno:
    Well I guess you do unless you open carry both your gun when you do open carry.

I know its not the subject of that thread but im sure the OP wouldnt mind. ;)

latham17

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    indy
    i dont want anyone outside my "circle of trust" to know that i carry...there is nothing more potent than the element of surprise!

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    I don't normally carry during the work day; could leave it in the truck, but not really worth the trouble. Other than work, I normally carry 90% of the time. My wife knows (I think), but she doesn't pay attention. My daughters/son-in-law, know I carry most of the time, but hardly ever ask. The guys on the security team at church (which I'm part of) know. That's about it. BTW, I CC 99% of the time. -- Greg

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Who Knows

I dont tell anyone , sometimes my wife wont know until she holds onto my arm as we walk. She says she can feel the butt of the gun when she holds my arm. I have been in a couple of bad areas of town before with a friend who was also carrying , I would let him know if i thought the situation called for it.

HogDaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    s indy
    Family and close friends. I do not want every one knowing I carry. At home I carry open, Out in public is always CC. If something is going to go down and the perps know about your weapon guess what you are now in the situation.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Thanks for your answer.
    I always wondered about people like you who both CC and OC and carry more than one gun.
    We often have debates CC vs OC but I guess some people do both at the same time.
    Do you ever carry one openly and one concealed? :dunno:
    Well I guess you do unless you open carry both your gun when you do open carry.

I know its not the subject of that thread but im sure the OP wouldnt mind. ;)
    My sp101 is ALWAYS concealed. My XDSC.40 gets carried at my side. When the XD isn't there I will usually have my Beretta .25 in my pocket. Last weekend I finally picked up a IWB holster for the XD so it's going to get mixed up a little different from time to time now. It really has a lot to do with where I'll be and what I'll be doing on any given day. But now that I have the IWB for the XDSC I may throw in the XD.45 at my side from time to time. I'm sort of eclectic about most things, music, cars, women, guns....I like lots of things and lots of variations of all of them.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Well I care if people know, especially bad people.When they know its too late for them.
    If you carry concealed you dont want people to know.I dont carry to say "leave me alone".I carry to say "you picked the wrong guy" once I draw on the bad guy.
    I like to surprise people.Surprises are always fun, people like them and I like to please! :D

Surprise! :draw: ... BANG BANG!!!

I know this is likely not the mentality that many people have, but this is how it always comes off to me: You want to shoot someone.

I realize that few people actually want that, but that is ALWAYS how it comes off (to me) when someone says something along the lines of "I dont want them to know till it is to late" or "I want to surprise them!".

Anyways, it is no big secret that I do. About the only people that dont know, and I would rather not at this point explain it too, are my fiances family. Sometimes it is just better to not deal with things. Other than that, I dont care if I am OCing or CCing that day, I really have no opinion one way or the other about who knows. If someone who I dont know finds out, well, chances are they wont try to rob me. If someone I do know finds out, it is part of who I am now. I dont leave the house without a firearm. It is as much for my safety as it is theirs.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I know this is likely not the mentality that many people have, but this is how it always comes off to me: You want to shoot someone.

I realize that few people actually want that, but that is ALWAYS how it comes off (to me) when someone says something along the lines of "I dont want them to know till it is to late" or "I want to surprise them!".

Well lets be honest.I dont carry a gun to cook pancakes, I carry it to shoot another human being should I NEED to.That's the truth.
    But I dont WANT to shoot someone.I hope I never do but im ready to do it should I have to.
    But if someone wants to shoot me or my family then yes I want it to be a surprise and I want to shoot the guy first.
    I a perfect world I wouldnt have to use my gun against another human being but we all know we dont live in a perfect world.
    That doesnt mean that I want to shoot someone.I dont, I would hate to do it.
    Its the same thing with the first aid kit I carry, I dont want to get hurt and I dont hope that someone will get hurt but I still carry it around in case it happens.
    The only thing with the FAK its that if I need to use it I will be glad I could help someone and maybe save a life.With the gun if I need to use it even if by doing so I save my life I would still hate having to hurt or kill someone else.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Anyone who's been to my house, since I OC here. I think anyone who's been around my OWB holster for my CZ since it hangs a little lower than my jacket. I don't care who knows really, are people embarrassed that they carry a gun? is it cause it's too small? Do you need a bigger one?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom