Who knows about the fact that you carry a gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Not really sure but I always have this on:D
    images-8.jpg

Yeah, and wearing on your hat probably doesn't help keep it a secret either! :D

I like the little "CHP" on the bottom ...I'm sure it would make me feel a bit like Ponch & John! ...'specially on my motorcycle! :):

pssst ....btw, in Indiana it's not a permit; it's a license! (just giving you a hard time ;-).

T_V

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Its always a little reassuring to let somone know that your with if you are heading into other than comfortable areas. Unless I know that the other person is not comfortable with guns . then I probley wouldnt tell them.

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    friends and family know that I habitually carry concealed... however I don't get it out to "show people".

So to answer your question... no one "knows" if I am... people who are close to me "assume" that I am.

I don't make a big deal about it, and I do not want to make a big deal about it . I CC only for the fact that I dont want someone who is intending to try something to have a heads up that I am carrying. They can find out the hard way. If I OC, then it would likely detour them from trying anything on me.. which could lead to someone else being a victim.

Either way the bottom line is I still have it... and hopefully don't have to get it out. as long as a person is comfy with it, and have practiced accessing it proficiently and are responsible with it... whatever style works best for them.

To each their own :patriot:

dcary7

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I usually only CC at work so I make sure other employees know about it. Other than that its OC so pretty much anyone with eyes. But truthfully I don't think most people even notice.

I agree, its funny how most people dont even notice guns when someones OC.
    It all depends on your behavior, if you are low profile and dont act like a cowboy because you have a gun on your hip lots of people wont notice.

I was once in a restaurant in Indy with my girlfriend and a guy at the table next to us had a gun on his hip.His gun was visible by most people in the room but I think nobody noticed it.I did because im a gun guy and I look for those things and even I noticed it only after a few minutes at our table.
    I told my girlfriend when when we left.It was the very first person I saw OCing in Indiana (and the last one too!) and by that time I didnt even know it was leggal to OC, I thought it was CC only ... anyway.
    She said she didnt notice at all.The guy was there with his wife and two daughters, not loud and very low profile.
    I think most of the time only two types of guys will notice, the one who are into guns and they will check the gun out and the bad guys looking for trouble looking for easy victims.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The funny then is I OC probably in the 80% area...
    I would be willing to wager that they vast majority of the People I come into contact with have no clue I have a Pistol on my belt...

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    My family are the only people that know ( or need to, for that matter) . If a bad guy knows you carry, he can plan accordingly, if he doesn't know, then you have the advantage!

gunfan72

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Only a few close friends and coworkers...not the parents ( they just never understand) haha. However i dont discuss or show my gun safe.

Top Bottom