Who knows about the fact that you carry a gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Just a quick question to you LTCH holders out there.

I havent seen any thread talking about that.
    I am curious to know who do you tell that you are carrying a gun.
    Who knows about it?
    Well its obvioulsy more for people who conceal carry rather than open carry.

I think that the less people know about it the better it is.
    Even if its legal to carry you should act like you are doing something illegal and just tell a few people.That's just my opinion and you may think otherwise.

So who knows?
    You wife/husband,Family,People at work,Neighbors,Friends, other ... etc?
    What if you meet new people, do you keep it secret?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Few people know I carry. Wife, parents, inlaws.

The only way anyone else will find out is if they endanger my and my families life. But they'll see my Glock from the business end.
    Hopefully that never happens. But that's why you should train.

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    Everybody that knows me. I carry to basically say just leave me alone. My Warrick Co LEO's are aware and I believe are confident in my decision to carry. The crime rates are getting worse, mostly the meth heads in Warrick Co and I made it clear that if threatened or messed with I mean business. I say who cares if people know, just dont flash it around like its a piece of jewelry!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Everybody that knows me. I carry to basically say just leave me alone. My Warrick Co LEO's are aware and I believe are confident in my decision to carry. The crime rates are getting worse, mostly the meth heads in Warrick Co and I made it clear that if threatened or messed with I mean business. I say who cares if people know, just dont flash it around like its a piece of jewelry!

Well I care if people know, especially bad people.When they know its too late for them.
    If you carry concealed you dont want people to know.I dont carry to say "leave me alone".I carry to say "you picked the wrong guy" once I draw on the bad guy.
    I like to surprise people.Surprises are always fun, people like them and I like to please! :D

Surprise! :draw: ... BANG BANG!!!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    :dunno: I think otherwise.

Everyone.

I understand that people think otherwise.I respect it and im just curious why. :yesway:

So when you say "everyone" does that means you OC or you mean everyone you know knows about it because you told them (if you CC)?

:dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My wife...and the majority of her random and scattered family.

My parents (all 4 of 'em!) and a couple of my aunts.

and a few very close friends.

Other than that...I dunno.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I understand that people think otherwise.I respect it and im just curious why. :yesway:

So when you say "everyone" does that means you OC or you mean everyone you know knows about it because you told them (if you CC)?

:dunno:

Everyone on INGO knows that ATM is militantly pro OC. :laugh::laugh:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

You phrased your opinion as "you should", meaning others.

You might not have meant it that way, but some others do feel exactly that way.
    They think all gun carriers should hide their guns from public view and they get very emotional when others don't see it their way.

I just like to argue with them. :laugh:

So when you say "everyone" does that means you OC...

Yes. Some would say "militantly". :):

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I CC only. Family and some friends. I don't make an effort to tell people about it, but if a conversation about firearms, gun control, etc. should happen to come up with people I know, and the issue comes up, I don't keep it a secret, if I think it would be appropriate.

When you come right down to it, I guess I don't treat the matter any differently that I would any other matter that I consider to be personal. I don't wholesale blab about my personal business, but if I believe that there's a point or purpose talking about it to an appropriate listener or listeners, sure, I'll talk about it. Same with guns.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You phrased your opinion as "you should", meaning others.

You might not have meant it that way, but some others do feel exactly that way.
    They think all gun carriers should hide their guns from public view and they get very emotional when others don't see it their way.

I just like to argue with them. :laugh:

Yes. Some would say "militantly". :):

Im not sure how I phrased my opinion.Besides the fact that I am very tired as im typing this I must say that im not an english native speaker.
    So yeah im not really sure what you mean with me "phrasing my opinion".
    Anyway what I mean is that for me CC is what works the best but I understand why people OC.I can see both good and bad things in both ways of carrying.
    It must be the reason why some people do both CC and OC depending on the situation.I guess this way they get the best of both worlds. :dunno:

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    So who knows?
    You wife/husband,Family,People at work,Neighbors,Friends, other ... etc?
    What if you meet new people, do you keep it secret?

I don't tell new people that I meet, it would make some of them nervous.

About all of my friends know just because of frequent contact and familiarity.

Good comment EdC "I guess I don't treat the matter any differently that I would any other matter that I consider to be personal."

All of my family know - most of them also carry. :yesway:

:cool:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010

It's a shame that Warrick Co is getting so bad. It's to beautiful, and so many small town communites with good people. I grew up in Lynnville and the only drugs there ever seemed to be around was pot. I'll never forget the dogs coming into the school to sniff lockers. Kirk Tevault's dog was awsome!

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Seeing as how a pic of me was on Fox news carrying a rifle around downtown Indy I think most people I know or meet know I carry, beside I OC about half the time so lots of people know

turn4chatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Father & Brother - Who I shoot with.
    Friends - I shoot with.
    Wife
    Daughter
    Coworkers who I know also carry. Cant carry at work though.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...im not really sure what you mean with me "phrasing my opinion".

I'll highlight it and explain the context:

Even if its legal to carry you should act like you are doing something illegal and just tell a few people.That's just my opinion and you may think otherwise.

Phrasing it in that way, it conveys that this is your opinion of what others (everyone) should do.

I believe that your thought was, "I, sneaky sneaky Sylvain, like to act like I'm doing something illegal." :shady:

That's cool.

Whatever works for you. Hope they get a BANG out of your big surprise. :D

Top Bottom