Who is excited about Star Wars 7 ?!?!?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Is anyone hoping there's the slightest chance we will get to see Jar Jar Binks' head removed with a red lightsaber, and roll down a long staircase? Or perhaps into a bottomless techno-pit? If we can just have that, I will be satisfied with whatever else they toss up on the screen.

I'd like to see him thrown to one of those monsters like Luke killed in Jabba the Hutt's palace.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Anyone think that Luke is gonna be the bad guy in this one? Cause I think he's gonna be the bad guy in this one. He ain't on the movie posters. Or is he?
    I already have tickets to see it in IMAX the week after it opens. Can't wait!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Anyone think that Luke is gonna be the bad guy in this one? Cause I think he's gonna be the bad guy in this one. He ain't on the movie posters. Or is he?
    I already have tickets to see it in IMAX the week after it opens. Can't wait!

Yep. Film Theorists did a pretty good analysis of it. It's pretty likely that Luke is the bad guy.

[video=youtube;iMHrOivM5bI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMHrOivM5bI[/video]

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Can't be as good without Lucas. Can it?

At this point, I think the franchise is better off without Lucas. From all the interviews I have seen, his vision was more of a space soap opera than an action adventure story. Disney is making VII for the fans. Don't get me wrong, IV, V and VI were outstanding, but I didn't care for where Lucas went with I, II and III.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    At this point, I think the franchise is better off without Lucas. From all the interviews I have seen, his vision was more of a space soap opera than an action adventure story. Disney is making VII for the fans. Don't get me wrong, IV, V and VI were outstanding, but I didn't care for where Lucas went with I, II and III.

Ditto!

(Does this count as a quality post?)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

In fairness to Lucas, the reason he started with IV is that I, II, and III wind up pretty slowly setting the backstory. Already seeing IV, V, and VI, I found I, II, and III interesting while also seeing that had I started there, I would have become bored and disinterested, and that had Lucas started there, the Star Wars franchise likely would never have gained traction.

Did you notice that PaulF has already been jamilified?

Rule of Two, don't you know?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yep. Film Theorists did a pretty good analysis of it. It's pretty likely that Luke is the bad guy.

[video=youtube;iMHrOivM5bI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMHrOivM5bI[/video]

[video=youtube;Pw2sex1mJNI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw2sex1mJNI[/video]

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I'm thinking the female lead is possibly Hans and Leia's daughter? Thus inherited the jedi power through Leia?

We have tickets to see the movie at Flix; reserved seats there so no fighting for seats together.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    In fairness to Lucas, the reason he started with IV is that I, II, and III wind up pretty slowly setting the backstory. Already seeing IV, V, and VI, I found I, II, and III interesting while also seeing that had I started there, I would have become bored and disinterested, and that had Lucas started there, the Star Wars franchise likely would never have gained traction.

I will agree that Lucas is a smart man. He wanted to tell a story, and he knew the best way to go about doing it. Had he chosen to continue with the franchise, I would still have been all in, but with Disney now at the helm, I think it will be better since they're focused on making a story for the fans versus telling fans a story.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm thinking the female lead is possibly Hans and Leia's daughter? Thus inherited the jedi power through Leia?

We have tickets to see the movie at Flix; reserved seats there so no fighting for seats together.

No one has asked the important question yet. . .will Rey be in any type of Jabba the Hut slave girl outfit?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No one has asked the important question yet. . .will Rey be in any type of Jabba the Hut slave girl outfit?

When you consider the evolution of the franchise over time, the Disney effect, and the fact that our society is much harder to scandalize today than it was in 1985, my guess is that there will be at least something that, well, would serve to encourage less than G-rated thoughts.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    When you consider the evolution of the franchise over time, the Disney effect, and the fact that our society is much harder to scandalize today than it was in 1985, my guess is that there will be at least something that, well, would serve to encourage less than G-rated thoughts.

Jessie Prescott and Alex Russo jello wrestling for the Hutt?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County

Sweet! Seeing some smartly attired intergalactic bewbies will sure help take my troubles off my mind for a few hours.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    [video=youtube;UyLecTSNBkA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyLecTSNBkA[/video]

I have to wonder if he is indeed more powerful now.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    Have any of you read the books? There are about a hundred Star Wars books by different authors that go back hundreds of years before anything you know from the movies, and some hundreds of years after the movies. They've been talking about SW 7 for a year now, and frankly I'm not that interested anymore, but I would like to know how it follows the books.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Personally, being a fan of the Dark Side myself, I hope that Luke has turned to the Dark Side. That being said, I am excited about the upcoming film. I agree that after watching episodes I, II, and III, I was semi-let down by the franchise. However, after reading a theory about Jar Jar that he was likely a force trained Sith Lord (see link)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/ ; and George Lucas saying that Jar Jar was the "key to all of this", I have gained a greater appreciation for those movies. For those who aren't going to read it; the idea is that Jar Jar was actually the true Sith Master and that he was puppeting Palpatine as the real "emporer". But after the first film and the hatred of that character from the fans, that didn't end up playing out in the films, and the ditched the idea of having the most hated characted being the master villain.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Have any of you read the books? There are about a hundred Star Wars books by different authors that go back hundreds of years before anything you know from the movies, and some hundreds of years after the movies. They've been talking about SW 7 for a year now, and frankly I'm not that interested anymore, but I would like to know how it follows the books.

The Mouse officially declared all EU books as non-canon, as of about a year ago. (I'm still pissed about it.) So, whatever all the EU books say no longer matters.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sweet! Seeing some smartly attired intergalactic bewbies will sure help take my troubles off my mind for a few hours.

Now, try telling me that you didn't watch the most recent installments without thinking about spending 'quality' time with Natalie Portman! :):

Jwmeador

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Franklin
    Bought tickets on-line the other day for IMAX-3D sweetness at my favorite movie theater... Hamilton 16 IMAX in Noblesville!!! :rockwoot:
    Can't wait!

I saw the original Star Wars in 1977 when I was 7-8 years old and it was one of the most memorable moments of my early childhood.
    I'm not a super fan or anything, but I'm very excited about the new movie and from what I've seen, it looks like J.J. Abrams has knocked it out of the park!!

Will be attending for sure with the wife!

Top Bottom