Who is excited about Star Wars 7 ?!?!?!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    The Mouse officially declared all EU books as non-canon, as of about a year ago. (I'm still pissed about it.) So, whatever all the EU books say no longer matters.

That's a big lump of ****. The books were all orchestrated so they jive with each other. I've read a lot of the books and if they don't go along with the movie I won't enjoy it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Personally, being a fan of the Dark Side myself, I hope that Luke has turned to the Dark Side. That being said, I am excited about the upcoming film. I agree that after watching episodes I, II, and III, I was semi-let down by the franchise. However, after reading a theory about Jar Jar that he was likely a force trained Sith Lord (see link)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/ ; and George Lucas saying that Jar Jar was the "key to all of this", I have gained a greater appreciation for those movies. For those who aren't going to read it; the idea is that Jar Jar was actually the true Sith Master and that he was puppeting Palpatine as the real "emporer". But after the first film and the hatred of that character from the fans, that didn't end up playing out in the films, and the ditched the idea of having the most hated characted being the master villain.

yeWFUBm.gif

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    That's a big lump of ****. The books were all orchestrated so they jive with each other. I've read a lot of the books and if they don't go along with the movie I won't enjoy it.

This isn't different than any other film franchise changing things around. Marvel, Star Trek, DC, James Bond, etc. They have all made lots of mistakes, but few of them have ever really stuck to their respective written stories. Same characters, different story tellers. I get that since this is the first time it isn't going to be Lucas doing it, a lot of people are worried its going to suck, and it might, but I love the franchise and I think Disney will do it right. The people they have working on it understand the fan base and I think they will do it justice. I am sure many also feel this way about Ben Affleck as Batman in the upcoming Batman vs Superman (unless of course you believe the theory that Ben Affleck is Slade Wilson: DeathStroke and not actually Batman). I feel the same way about the Vince Flynn books now that he has passed away, will the new books by others live up to his books?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Mickey says there is no way in the magic kingdom that Luke is evil.

Lucas is not involved in the story line from what I read. I will see it at some point in the theater, but I am not giving it too much hope.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Personally, being a fan of the Dark Side myself, I hope that Luke has turned to the Dark Side. That being said, I am excited about the upcoming film. I agree that after watching episodes I, II, and III, I was semi-let down by the franchise. However, after reading a theory about Jar Jar that he was likely a force trained Sith Lord (see link)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/ ; and George Lucas saying that Jar Jar was the "key to all of this", I have gained a greater appreciation for those movies. For those who aren't going to read it; the idea is that Jar Jar was actually the true Sith Master and that he was puppeting Palpatine as the real "emporer". But after the first film and the hatred of that character from the fans, that didn't end up playing out in the films, and the ditched the idea of having the most hated characted being the master villain.

You could also understand this in the context that while standing as Senator Amidala's representative in the Senate, Jar Jar was the dumbass who introduced the legislation that allowed Palpatine to initiate the shift from republic to empire through the emergency powers that Palpatine mentioned in the meeting with the question of who would introduce such a thing, then the camera pans to Jar Jar looking like his head is about to explode pondering a thought way too big for his pea brain.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just wait until Jamil graduates from 'Dark Lord of Sarcasm' to a full Sith Lord! :):

I'm not even close to apprenticeship. Hell, I haven't even figured out how to use the dark side of the force to find interesting threads like this before they're days or weeks old.

Did you notice that PaulF has already been jamilified?

I may not be a full sith but I gots me some powers.

Is anyone hoping there's the slightest chance we will get to see Jar Jar Binks' head removed with a red lightsaber, and roll down a long staircase? Or perhaps into a bottomless techno-pit? If we can just have that, I will be satisfied with whatever else they toss up on the screen.

I read maybe a year ago that Abrams isn't a Jar Jar fan so he will not be making an appearance.

Yep. Film Theorists did a pretty good analysis of it. It's pretty likely that Luke is the bad guy.

Yeah, but how many times has The Film Theorists channel been right about a prediction?

In fairness to Lucas, the reason he started with IV is that I, II, and III wind up pretty slowly setting the backstory. Already seeing IV, V, and VI, I found I, II, and III interesting while also seeing that had I started there, I would have become bored and disinterested, and that had Lucas started there, the Star Wars franchise likely would never have gained traction.

Rule of Two, don't you know?

Yeah, you'd have been bored. Because Lucus wrote so much of the screenplay, probably while on the ****ter. I think the story arc of Star Wars is really good, and is why it has such a fan base. But the screenplay is absolutely horrible, particularly I, II, and III. Phantom Menace started immediately with sophomoric dialog and quickly established plot holes. That said, I'm still a fan, especially the back story of how Anakin became Vader. It's just that we had to endure the horrible writing to get the story arc.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    It may have worked if they didn't make him such a goof.

That is the point. The goofy act was merely an act to make him look/seem clumsy and that he just had blind stupid luck all the time. The idea was that he used that image to hide his true nature, kind of like drunken kung fu. You assume the guy is drunk and stumbling while he's whooping some a**.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That is the point. The goofy act was merely an act to make him look/seem clumsy and that he just had blind stupid luck all the time. The idea was that he used that image to hide his true nature, kind of like drunken kung fu. You assume the guy is drunk and stumbling while he's whooping some a**.

Basically, JAR JAR Binks is MR Magoo.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Star Wars IS racist. At least the first trilogy. Why you may ask? Because white people have exterminated ALL the other human races except for themselves. But aliens? Oh no, they get to live. And the last surviving member of the black race is a crook, swindler, liar, and dresses like a pimp. Wasis!

Yes, we see what low regard you reserve for Lando! :):

Top Bottom